Morality: What is YOUR Line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Morality: What is YOUR Line?

Similar to a lot of the others on this thread, it's really hard to say what my boundaries are. It depends on how I feel when I'm in a certain situation, and what that might drive me to do. If you had asked me this question a few years ago, I would be all Scout's-Honor about it and recite all the moral codes we're "supposed" to live by, but now... some things have changed.

Little things:
    Lying: I lie all the time. not just white lies either. I have told enormous lies to several people and kept it up for months, and if I needed to, I would do that again. maybe that makes me a bad person. idc.
    Stealing: Yeah, I would. if I'm in poverty (or close to it) and need something that I can't afford, I'll figure out a way to get it anyway. no qualms.
    Cheating: on a test? sure. done it, would do again if need be. on a person? no.

Bigger things:
    Assault: only in self-defense. but if it's self-defense, then absolutely, I'm in that fight until one of us ends up in the hospital.
    Abuse: Never. Ever.

Enormous things:
    Murder:
    I might. if the situation were right. like to protect myself or a loved one, for example.
    Cannibalism: I don't know. I've been starving before - life threatening starvation - so I know how bad it sucks, but I'm still not sure if I would eat a person in that situation. Mostly because I don't want to go through the work of preparing a person for eating, I have no idea how to cook normal things, and that definitely does not count as normal. but if I was about to die of starvation and someone handed me a burger, I don't think I would ask what was in it....
    Torture: Never. There is no possible excuse.

... there you go, actually, that last one answers the question. That's the line that I won't cross.

- - - Updated - - -

... I feel like mine kind of moved into illegality too. there's a difference between "I won't do this because it's immoral," and "I won't do this because it's illegal." but still, as you can see from my answers, that wouldn't necessarily stop me.

I sure hope there are no police officers on this thread lol.

Comment

Working...
    X