THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

I didn't know the question, "hey, I'm filing paperwork to open a business near the end of a quarter. Do I need to file a return just the same?" is a difficult one to understand. And I can't get hired by the IRS (yes, I applied ages ago)...

UPDATE: And, while on hold, my mother's doctor calls. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUU
    Last edited by Caelia; 07 Sep 2011, 10:39.
    my etsy store
    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
    surrounded by plush, downy things,
    ill prepared, but willing,
    to descend."

Comment

New furnace.

$7,000.

That is all.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Not handling the 9/11 thing well at all and if one more idiot who was not there says the wrong thing I'm gonna lose it.
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
          Not handling t/he 9/11 thing well at all and if one more idiot who was not there says the wrong thing I'm gonna lose it.
          We have 4 b-day parties to host at work on 9/11. I am not sure what to think of the coincidence on that.
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

You said I needed to "learn independence this life", so I started with people like you. That doesn't mean I'm trying to "escape my life lesson" it means I'm escaping from toxic people.
            my etsy store
            My blog

to descend."

Comment

My grandmother who's in Canada had open heart surgery. My aunt wants to go stay with her for a month to take care of her during the recovery. And the Canadian embassy has refused to give her a visa twice now. I can't begin to describe how frustrated I am about this.
              [4:82]

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
                My grandmother who's in Canada had open heart surgery. My aunt wants to go stay with her for a month to take care of her during the recovery. And the Canadian embassy has refused to give her a visa twice now. I can't begin to describe how frustrated I am about this.
                This^ pulls on my short hairs!

First, though, my thoughts are with you and your family, D!

Second, just WTF?!?

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                  This^ pulls on my short hairs!

First, though, my thoughts are with you and your family, D!

Second, just WTF?!?
                  I haven't known after today how to word my response, but this sums it up.
                  my etsy store
                  My blog

to descend."

Comment

Someone please explain to me how placing "hour availability" and the request for wages per hour goes against the free market.

A little bit of background: someone was upset because a person came in to apply for a job and listed their hour availability and wages they desired. They decided that type of stuff was against the free market.
                    Last edited by Caelia; 08 Sep 2011, 21:18.
                    my etsy store
                    My blog

to descend."

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                      New furnace.

$7,000.

That is all.
                      AAAACCCKK!

Also, Dumuzi, holy cow! I hope you guys can get that fixed so she can go! Yeesh.

As for my rant...I woke up this morning and my whole body ached. Light hurts my eyes, and I sound like I've been smoking for 5 years. Looked in the mirror yesterday and I can see scalp on my temple. I was wanting to start setting things up for us to have regular chats again, but I'm just too exhausted...I feel like crying. Wednesday can not come fast enough.
                      Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Soooo tired today, and I don't know why. I can't concentrate on anything, it feels like my legs weigh a ton, I'm moving slower than a snail's pace, and I have absolutely no motivation to do anything.

Really wish I could crawl back in bed and sleep for 3 weeks.

Comment

Headphones hurt my new piercings D;
                          "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
                          - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

Why did my blood pressure suddenly jump up? I've been feeling 'off' since I got up, but never suspected my b.p. I mean, this is why I take pills, for crap's sake.
                            The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I love my little 3-year-old cousin, but good grief! She's at the phase of always (ALWAYS) asking "why?" questions.

While I do not agree with it (and wouldn't do it), I can understand the whole Benadryl-giving to kids to quiet them down. Is it time for work yet?

This is one of the many reasons why I could never be a mom. No patience for the little angels. They're cute as heck, but 10 minutes is about all I can take before slowly losing my mind.

To any parents out there--you have my utmost respect. How do you do it?!

Comment

Originally posted by Trinity View Post

To any parents out there--you have my utmost respect. How do you do it?!
                                It's not usually quite so overwhelming when you've been taking care of them from day one. Two is trickier...My son figured out that they can tag team me now, or run interference while one of them is into something they're not supposed to have.

At that point, on a bad day, I've been known to lock myself in the bathroom and call for backup.
                                Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Working...
                                X