THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

I used to drive a Cargo Van for work,no windows,everything done with mirrors,and I could parallel park in some pretty tight spaces. It was in San Francisco,and you Could NOT pass up a place to park!

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

Rant,Rant,Rant..I am pretty good with tech and computers,and from time to time I have tutored people new to computers.
    Most picked stuff up pretty fast,and I didn't have to keep repeating stuff for them,BUt there were those few that made me loose my composure. One,and this was back in the days when their was only DOS,was gifted with a system. I tried to make it as simple as I could for them(remember this was DOS,you had to enter very long lines to get things done) I wrote a batch file to bring up the word processor(I think it was Word perfect) I named it W.bat so this person could remember it easier. Not so grasshopper,everyday they would ask me again what to type,I put a post-it on their screen,but still they lost the post-it,and would ask again. I kinda lost it,and said "You don't need a computer,you don't deserve a computer,you are to dumb to be even considering using a computer. I did apologize after,but to be honest most of what I said was true.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I can't get myself to sleep early for a couple of weeks now.
      [4:82]

Comment

Been there,done that D. A secret I found that helps is stop thinking about sleep.and at some point it will come. If you are having sleep problems because of worry about events going on,someone once said "Worry about the things you have control of,and let those matters that you have no control over go." Unless you can effect them,just purge them from your mind.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

...spent all day at the VA hosptial to be told what I already knew...bronchitis

at least I got better drugs than OTC---I feelz drunk
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

To sum up my long whiney, adolescent rant..
            My step brother is spoiled. He's treated better. I'm feeling like Cinderella but there's no ball :/
            Circe

Comment

You know that really sounds like what was going around back in Albany NY,when I lived in a veterans low income place. It started like a cold,went into bronchitis like you describe(that's when I went to the VA hospital to be treated) others that didn't get it treated went into Pneumonia pretty quick. Good move getting it checked out.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I worked two jobs today. 10am till 12 midnight.
                I know I NEED these two jobs. But Fridays just suck ass.
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                  You know that really sounds like what was going around back in Albany NY,when I lived in a veterans low income place. It started like a cold,went into bronchitis like you describe(that's when I went to the VA hospital to be treated) others that didn't get it treated went into Pneumonia pretty quick. Good move getting it checked out.
                  Yeah, they did a chest x-ray and blood work (for the blood count, as a sign of infection)...but I saw my x-rays as I was leaving, and they were clear. The doc gave me a much better cough medicine than what you can get OTC, an inhaler, and some other stuff...so we will see how this goes. I really think I need a breathing treatment to get rid of the wheezing all together, and then it would be easier to manage with the inhaler--last night I used the inhaler (which you are only really supposed to use ~6 hours) 4 or five times...mostly because I can't breathe deeply enough to get the inhalant all the way down into my bronchials (I can't breathe that deeply without a coughing spasm, which causes my ribs to hurt super badly, where I pulled my intercostals).

It just sucks.

Though my voice is coming back a bit.
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

I know im not really supposed to hate my family, but i do...i hate every one of them and ive never felt like i belonged. And that feeling of not belonging has always been reassured by the guy who is supposed to be my father figure ignoring me all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                      I worked two jobs today. 10am till 12 midnight.
                      I know I NEED these two jobs. But Fridays just suck ass.
                      That's a really long day. Do you get Monday off?
                      [4:82]

Comment

So, i finally realized why im getting kicked out of the house, and why it's a good reason. Because i can't take it here anymore! The "adults" fight every single day, for the whole day....they act like little kids and all it does is cause me stress, ive had enough of it....

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelRusso View Post
                          So, i finally realized why im getting kicked out of the house, and why it's a good reason. Because i can't take it here anymore! The "adults" fight every single day, for the whole day....they act like little kids and all it does is cause me stress, ive had enough of it....
                          Sounds like it's time to go it on your own, and show them what a real adult does.
                          Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

I've just started sewing the dress I'm going to wear to my best friend's wedding. And I remembered: I hate sewing.

Why do I have to be an inbetween size for EVERY measurement, and why can't they at least coincide with each other? I span across 3 pattern sizes. It's called HOUR GLASS, Simplicity, HOUR GLASS.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                              I've just started sewing the dress I'm going to wear to my best friend's wedding. And I remembered: I hate sewing.

Why do I have to be an inbetween size for EVERY measurement, and why can't they at least coincide with each other? I span across 3 pattern sizes. It's called HOUR GLASS, Simplicity, HOUR GLASS.
                              I feel your pain. My mum makes many of my dresses and has to alter most of my clothes. I wear children's sizes, because even petit is usually too large, but often need adult trousers and then my mum has to take in the waist for me. I'm not an hour glass though. I am a pear shape and although 2 in 3 women are pear shaped, we're totally not catered for by the fashion industry. It really, really pisses me off. I usually end up an emotional wreck in changing rooms. Being so short and so small ontop, just makes my ass and thighs look really fat. I work so hard at maintaining my weight and still have horrible legs.

Hahaha.. sorry, I totally stole your rant ^^
                              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Ever since my hysterectomy my stomach has been intermittently upset.

It's getting annoying. My cooking rocks, but I can't eat my dinner tonight because every time I look at the food, my stomach rollllls. Blegh.
                                The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Working...
                                X