Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by Eisheth View Post
    People leaving THEIR crap on MY desk. And it's not even parts or something relevant to what I do. It's their dirty mugs, print outs for something they're working on. What the hell? I'm not your maid! Do not come sit in my chair, move my stuff and leave your shit here. My desk is tidy when I leave. I want to be that way when I come back!
    I know how you feel Eisheth!
    The other technicians (I'll be nice and call them techs)think my workbench is their personal trash dump. It's clean and neat when I leave but when I'm not there they think they can take my equipment and leave a mess. We have a new guy that thinks he's the cats ass and he contently puts me down behind my back. It takes about an hour to tare down one of the pieces equipment we repair, rebuild, down load, calibrate, set ticket test, centering mech test, bill and ticket test. And that is "if" nothing is blown on any of the boards! This brain child is going around bragging he can do one in twenty minuets!!!! But then I have to redo his half-ass work because he skips the cleaning, re-down loading, and testing and on top(surprise)it doesn't fricken work!!!!!!!! How the hell do you calibrate equipment when it has dirty optical sensors??? The only good thing is the other guys who use the stuff know the quality of my work on sight and know the shit isn't mine! I wouldn't let him fix a sandwich if I was starving!!!!
    Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

I don't like this month, can I return it and get a new one?
      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
        I don't like this month, can I return it and get a new one?

I certainly want a refund, at least. I mean, f*** getting an exchange!

And not just this month. The last few have all been completely broken and not functioning correctly. Come to think of it, the entirety of 2012, thus far, can go in the bin.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I've had some nice stuff happen in 2012 so I'm not quite willing to return the year despite a ****ton of headaches but exchanging this month won't lose me anything important that wasn't already well on its way toward happening.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

I should have grabbed some food while I was in Tampa. Everything down here was already closed and now I'm fing starving! Better get to sleep so I can wake up and have a free continental breakfast. >.>
            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
            Sneak Attack
            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I forgot how insanely long the download for Mass Effect 3 was.

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                I forgot how insanely long the download for Mass Effect 3 was.
                You make the purchase and are ready to play! ...and the game takes hours to load. We had much slower internet back the first time I loaded it so I had to leave it overnight and when I left for work in the morning, so I feel ya!
                http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Yeah, I didn't bring the DVDs for the games I intended to play with me to so I decided I'd download ME3 to my laptop since Origin allows me to re-download (about the only thing I like regarding Origin, right now), the whole thing finished shortly before 4 AM.

Comment

I may or may not have said something like this before, but what the heck do I have to put on the elevator to keep people from walking into it while it is broken? the out of order light is lit, the rest of the lights are off, there is an out of order sign on the side of it, and a cone sitting directly in front of the door with an additional out of order sign attached to it...

People move the bloody cone out of their way to get on the broken ass elevator!?! I wish I was a kitten, then I would'nt have to be in the same species as these... "people"
                    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

I went to aquafit (I finally dragged myself there last night) and...OH MY GOD AM I SORE THIS MORNING. >..<

I didn't want to get out of bed.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
                        I may or may not have said something like this before, but what the heck do I have to put on the elevator to keep people from walking into it while it is broken? the out of order light is lit, the rest of the lights are off, there is an out of order sign on the side of it, and a cone sitting directly in front of the door with an additional out of order sign attached to it...

People move the bloody cone out of their way to get on the broken ass elevator!?! I wish I was a kitten, then I would'nt have to be in the same species as these... "people"
                        Automated machine gun turrets should do the trick.

Comment

Although it's a blessing at times, I wish I wasn't so OCD about goals I set myself. My Diploma assessor almost keeled over when I handed in the first two units this morning. She only sent me them yesterday morning and gave me 2 weeks to do the first draught! She wrote back saying that there are no changes required and it was very high quality work. She's had work handed in quickly before, but it's always been just a few lines per question, not whole paragraphs with quotes from legislation and examples. I should be proud, and I am in a way, but I think this really underlines some quite worrying OCD.

Then there is the Japanese thing. Sure, I've been dabbling on and off with this language for the last 12 years, but it's always been more of a casual interest. However, add a goal to it, like 'I'm gonna be fluent by 2013' and I've become a woman possessed. I probably won't achieve this overambitious goal, but you know what? I think I'll get damned close!

I hope next year I'll be more my old self again. I want people to know I have dozens of interests and hobbies besides Japanese. I like to write, I like yoga and skateboarding, singing and horse riding, I do origami and enjoy writing in and decorating, scrap-book style, my BOS. I like to dress up in bright coloured kids clothes like the girl in Lazy Town. In fact, I love watching Lazy Town, singing along and doing the dances. I... I have a life besides Japanese, I miss that life. I want to share it. Not going to happen until I make this bloody video on Jan 1st next year and get this whole fluent nonsense out of my mind.

Had you asked a year ago, I'd have said I have no OCD's. I do though don't I? I am afraid to fail. I dare say this is also why I struggle with my weight. If I don't stay slim, I fail at diets.. this is probably why I have body dysmorphia too, because I fail at being pretty. Hmm, maybe I need a therapist.
                          Last edited by Jembru; 02 Nov 2012, 15:50.
                          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I am thoroughly disgusted by what a defendant said at the end of a court TV show today. This guy had lost, and while I only caught the end, I caught enough to understand that he got drunk and did something that caused the plaintiff to sue him.

This guy had the nerve to say that he is NOT responsible for his actions when he is drunk. W T F?!!!!! Are you kidding me?! This guy honestly believes that when he is drunk, he is not responsible for anything he does. What does this guy think, that he can go out and do anything (even kill someone) and not be held responsible? Can we just go ahead and lock him up now? And throw away the key?

Comment

The hubby is in SoCal...and I miss him. He just called and confirmed that he will probably be extended an extra month too. Le sigh... I'm just so tired. And my asthma is acting up again. I'm...almost sick of being optimistic about stuff--like "hey, it could be worse!" Fuck that...I don't CARE if it could be worse. I'm tired of playing single mom (again), I'm tired og not quite having enough money to get everything caught up, I'm tired of being sick and tired, I'm tired of being in a funk, I'm tired of not having time or energy to get shit done. I need to do SOMETHING...but first I need to get the laundry done, the dishes done, the floor vacc'd and steamcleaned, the kid's room cleaned, my room organized, the car cleaned out, the grocery shopping done...

but mostly, I just want someone to cuddle with and pet my hair and tell me its okay to go insane
                              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                              sigpic

Comment

Can't help with most of that list but insanity is not only okay, I'm pretty sure it's required.

*rummages through collection of confiscated sanity*

How did I miss an Admin's sanity? I should have your sanity by now...

Comment

Working...
                                X