Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    It's an inside joke. Dumuzi is my friend. And I'm a Satanist.
    Oh, alright

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

I feel knackered from sitting in the sun all day. Don't know why I'm complaining really, I guess it's because I'm Scottish and sun is a novelty for us. My eyes must not be used to it. I'm still squinting like an old woman! x
      "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Originally posted by FantasyWitch View Post
        I feel knackered from sitting in the sun all day. Don't know why I'm complaining really, I guess it's because I'm Scottish and sun is a novelty for us. My eyes must not be used to it. I'm still squinting like an old woman! x
        It's pretty hot down here in Newcastle (although I have to sleep through it anyway), but according to Daybreak, parts of Scotland have the highest temperatures of all! They compared it to places around the mediterranian and they were actually cooler! Must be roasting up there!! Really crazy for March.
        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

What is it with the inappropriate questions? Why do you wanna know?

And on another note: What's with the stupid questions "Can you put sperm back into the balls?"

-faceaxefaceaxefaceaxefaceaxefaceaxefaceaxe-
          "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
          - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

Our downstairs neighbors are fucking ridiculous. You live in an APARTMENT. If your hearing is so sensitive that you can't handle someone that gets ready for work at 4 am, get some fucking ear plugs. And if you are so uptight that the pitter-patter of little feet or the noise of a vacuum cleaner twice a day gets on your nerves, go live in a more expensive apartment...or get a house...or a job, so you aren't home during the day. Hell, I know when our upstairs neighbors are having sex, when their kid is taking a bath, when they are cleaning, what movie they are watching...and guess what--I live in an APARTMENT, so I don't whine about it to the manage (who, as a parent, apparently found it funny) or pound on their fucking ceiling just because I can hear them...I accept it as part of the cheap rent ambiance.
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

Dear roommate male,

I am not your goddamned mother. You don't have me shaken to wakefulness at some ungodly hour to do fucking dishes because the fullness of the sink was giving you nightmares, then expect me for weeks afterward--after maybe touching the sponge twice while living here--to pick up all of your dirty dishes constantly and have to remind you, like a child, to remember not to totally fuck up every kitchen possession I own by filthying them and then leaving it to me to restore them to their former immaculate excellence. Fuck you. I quit being your surrogate mom. Now toe your way out the womb like a big boy and try not to throw another stupid ass tantrum. Also, don't give me that skeptical little look when I talk about bills. I am the only one even trying to stay on top of shit. You have more money than anyone else in the house combined. If you can't pay for water and electricity, go eat your fancy restaurant dinners in a log cabin somewhere and get out of my house. I'll eat my tuna and crackers and pay my bills like a real person.

Dear roommate female,

Your boyfriend is an asshat. Run! Also, if he ever says some vile shit to you in my presence again, I'ma tear him a new one and inform him of the standard humanity I expect from those in my company.

/rant

Comment

Originally posted by Caelia View Post
                For what it's worth I've told I'm too improper and too informal with my Japanese, Jembru.
                Caelia, Caelia... I found out today that I have been making a bit of a faux pas with my Japanese, and I wondered if this was something you did by mistake too.. feel free to poke me with the 'no sh*t' stick if you already knew this but... apparently you can't use the question marker 'ka' after the plain form. I usually use 'no/na no' or nothing at all, but I sometimes use ka and just thought it was slightly more polite. Well, my language exchange partner decided it might be nice to point out that this is actually considered rude. No one had said anything before and I'm sure I've done this a few times.. I even wrote it on my facebook wall!! Oh well... nice to finally have it pointed out to me.. although I do feel kinda stupid now.
                夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I actually didn't know that was rude! I knew to use "no" in like "doko ni ____ no?", but I'll be sure to note it's more polite to use "no / na no". Man, I have some really polite friends...
                  my etsy store
                  My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                  surrounded by plush, downy things,
                  ill prepared, but willing,
                  to descend."

Comment

Yeah, you seem to have the opposite problem somehow. My friends are always telling me 'that word is too polite between friends..' and.. 'say 'tte' instead... Use 'kana' it's easier... Why do you use so many particles.. it's not 'watashi', it's 'atashi'... Lol. I actually like using no.. it means if I need to be polite but forget and use no by accident, I can add 'desu' as an after thought and instantly sound prim and proper. Lol

I adore my Japanese friends.. I've rarely known such enduring loyalty, but I'd love to know why they're happy to correct me if I'm too polite, but if I'm saying something rude, they hesitate to point it out to me.
                    Last edited by Jembru; 28 Mar 2012, 21:40.

Comment

Am I ... jealous? >.>
                      Circe

Comment

fquwcekrmtey!!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Started my day at my first job at 10am. Ended my day at my second job at midnight.
                          Blarg.
                          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

More of a whine than a rant, but I offered to make dinner tonight to help out. My mother allowed it, only to have it where she made sandwiches. And I made an awesome pineapple chicken too T_T
                            my etsy store
                            My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                            surrounded by plush, downy things,
                            ill prepared, but willing,
                            to descend."

Comment

Tooooo drugged to be coheraent.

ASDFGHJIOP)IYTRDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

itll has to do

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

So emotional right now. I fucking hate it! x
                                "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Working...
                                X