X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    I get it.
    Awesome, I was hoping it wasn't coming out too badly!

When I was younger I would get paperwork sent home from school all the time. Like packets of days off and various school info stuff. It would be in Spanish. And my mom would ask me to read it. Because I can read Spanish and then she can tell me what it says because she can speak Spanish.
    *That* would have sent me into orbit. Probably my mother too, being that she was even less tolerant than I was, of the stupid shit faculty would pull.

And when I was older (within the last 10 years of taking care of my mother) when she was sick and going in the hospital or ambulance, whatever. They would always ask me 'does she speak English?'
    Holy cats! That sounds identical to my mom being asked what was wrong with me, because she was pushing the wheelchair I was seated in. Did you ever answer them with, "You could ask her, she's right here"?

It pissed me off. I have a Spanish last name. Doesn't mean I'm off the damn boat. In fact when I had problems getting my health insurance (because I needed a birth certificate) the lady whispered to me 'Were you born here?'. I was so angry. I'm like do you hear my valley girl accent?
    Forgive me but I find this hilarious. Ever watch Bill Engvall with his "Here's your sign" routine? No, dumbass, I was born on Saturn's Third Ring which is why I can't locate my birth certificate!

Seriously. What the hell ever happened to that oft repeated cliche, never judge a book by it's cover? Or, never assume anything. It makes an ass (out of) u (&) me?

*facepalm

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I smell like old man. I had to stock some dollies today. And it's raining. And I'm like old geezer tattooed lady. So I get home and my legs, back and arms are sore. I grab the Vick's and get to rubbing. By the time I'm done, my whole body is covered in it.

I smell like my mom.

Oh my gawd. I'm my mom!
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I smell like old man. I had to stock some dollies today. And it's raining. And I'm like old geezer tattooed lady. So I get home and my legs, back and arms are sore. I grab the Vick's and get to rubbing. By the time I'm done, my whole body is covered in it.

I smell like my mom.

Oh my gawd. I'm my mom!
        This made me giggle.

My rant: I'm hungover a little bit. Word leaked at the pub last night that it was my birthday, and people started buying me alcohol.

Mostly art.

Comment

Bummer! I thought as PF's most active Japanophile, it was my duty, no my honour, to translate the song Ceilia posted in lols. It was fun because what the writing says and what the singer says are frequently different. So I was translating both (looking up kanji in my dictionary was hard because they're too blurry to count the strokes accurately). Then there was one line, when the rainbows appear, I simply couldn't catch. JP came home from work and I asked him. He said, 'I think it might be the Japanised attempt at 'vegetable'.. wait..' pushed me aside and then instantly found the translation on a website. I'm pleased to say my translation was correct, but bummed out that I thought I was doing something no one else had done.

Oh well, it was practice I guess...
          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
            Bummer! I thought as PF's most active Japanophile, it was my duty, no my honour, to translate the song Ceilia posted in lols. It was fun because what the writing says and what the singer says are frequently different. So I was translating both (looking up kanji in my dictionary was hard because they're too blurry to count the strokes accurately). Then there was one line, when the rainbows appear, I simply couldn't catch. JP came home from work and I asked him. He said, 'I think it might be the Japanised attempt at 'vegetable'.. wait..' pushed me aside and then instantly found the translation on a website. I'm pleased to say my translation was correct, but bummed out that I thought I was doing something no one else had done.

Oh well, it was practice I guess...
            That's how I look at it. It's all good fun and practice. Nothing lost Plus, it's all sorts of funny even translated.
            my etsy store
            My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
            surrounded by plush, downy things,
            ill prepared, but willing,
            to descend."

Comment

Originally posted by Caelia View Post
              That's how I look at it. It's all good fun and practice. Nothing lost Plus, it's all sorts of funny even translated.
              Why do I keep spelling your name wrong?? Yeah, I assume they superimposed a different version of the song over the video for a re-write. Because the lyrics on the screen fit and are about maple syrup, but those sang are about vegetable juice! The maple syrup's price is 'open', while the juice is 200 yen. There lines where they say vegetable juice in different ways.. midori no.. bejetaburu no.. for example, but in the maple syrup version, they say instead, 'sugar maple..' 'mild flavoured', 'light textured..' and suchlike.
              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I understand the power ball had alot of money, I get it, but I really dont care about whether you and your sister "would have won" Thats great that she picked all the right numbars, she didnt play you didnt win and I dont follow it so I dont care! go somewhere else and bitch about it, please go talk to someone who gives a crap, It is bologna and I dont think you understand that the other 50 tickets you bought were not failed investments, you threw $50 out the window... until you are offering me a bribe I just dont care!
                http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Why do I keep spelling your name wrong?? Yeah, I assume they superimposed a different version of the song over the video for a re-write. Because the lyrics on the screen fit and are about maple syrup, but those sang are about vegetable juice! The maple syrup's price is 'open', while the juice is 200 yen. There lines where they say vegetable juice in different ways.. midori no.. bejetaburu no.. for example, but in the maple syrup version, they say instead, 'sugar maple..' 'mild flavoured', 'light textured..' and suchlike.
                  Yeah, that's actually what made me LOL. It's so evidently about vegetable juice and it's just done all wrong.

About my name: daijoubu It's an archaic way of spelling Celia anyway.
                  my etsy store
                  My blog

to descend."

Comment

I stayed home from work today. I woke up at 1pm and called in sick. My lower back is still sore and I don't want to make it worse. I have a long work weekend ahead! Back to back to back to back bday parties both Sat and Sun.

So I took a Vicodin and passed the hell out. I was lying in bed and suddenly I felt like cement. Couldn't lift my arms. Closed my eyes. black sleep.

Gonna eat a bit and take another one and pass out.

On the non rant note: my back feels a bit better. But then again I can't feel my face.
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

OK, I have a real rant now. I'm so sick and tired of having to pass us sweets. I miss them, especially cheese danishes. I'm just sick of folks assuming I'm diabetic; I'm not. I'm gluten intolerant. Then, of course, I have to explain this. I just would love for people to say, "No sweets for you? Ok, then," because I'm tired of having to go through this song and dance all the time. It doesn't help I am too polite to say "none of your effin' beeswax".
                      my etsy store
                      My blog

to descend."

Comment

Originally posted by Caelia View Post
                        OK, I have a real rant now. I'm so sick and tired of having to pass us sweets. I miss them, especially cheese danishes. I'm just sick of folks assuming I'm diabetic; I'm not. I'm gluten intolerant. Then, of course, I have to explain this. I just would love for people to say, "No sweets for you? Ok, then," because I'm tired of having to go through this song and dance all the time. It doesn't help I am too polite to say "none of your effin' beeswax".
                        I will have to see if I can get you some good gluten free sweets...

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                        ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
                          I will have to see if I can get you some good gluten free sweets...
                          Awwwww! *huggles* I just get tired of people assuming things when I don't want cake shoved in my face, though I do love gluten-free cake shove in my face...with lots of icing...mmmmmmm....
                          my etsy store
                          My blog

to descend."

Comment

I have a rant too. I am genuinely upset by what the illogical part of me is saying is my fault, yet the grown up in me is telling me to stop being so arrogant about my power to affect the lives of others.. Some of you might remember how angry and hurt I was over the behaviour of my room mate when she moved out last Summer. Well, I admit I said some harsh things at my altar then (my exact words were, 'let her cry a tear for every tear she made me shed'). I recently found out that something horrible happened to her. She lost her job for drinking alcohol while on duty. She's just a dumb blonde, she's not bad and didn't deserve to lose her job. I feel like absolute shit. I would hate something like that to happen to me and I watch my back all the time so I don't do anything wrong. I feel sick in my stomach just thinking about it. Was it me?

So, I thought this would offer some interesting insight for the 'what brings you to curse' thread.. went trotting over and read the last few pages that I'd been missing. No way I am waking THAT up.. my rant is.. what the heck happened to PF recently and how can we make it go away?.. I'd offer to curse them away but.... :s

Comment

I have a rant too. I am genuinely upset by what the illogical part of me is saying is my fault, yet the grown up in me is telling me to stop being so arrogant about my power to affect the lives of others.. Some of you might remember how angry and hurt I was over the behaviour of my room mate when she moved out last Summer. Well, I admit I said some harsh things at my altar then (my exact words were, 'let her cry a tear for every tear she made me shed'). I recently found out that something horrible happened to her. She lost her job for drinking alcohol while on duty. She's just a dumb blonde, she's not bad and didn't deserve to lose her job. I feel like absolute shit. I would hate something like that to happen to me and I watch my back all the time so I don't do anything wrong. I feel sick in my stomach just thinking about it. Was it me?
                              Well you said unpleasant things, did you throw your intent behind it? Would she have drank at work anyway, or did she just get caught at something that happens anyway? Let the grown up bit of brain have this one, she was drinking while she shouldn't have, it was a rule I imagine she knew about, she was treading an unsteady path anyway.

So, I thought this would offer some interesting insight for the 'what brings you to curse' thread.. went trotting over and read the last few pages that I'd been missing. No way I am waking THAT up.. my rant is.. what the heck happened to PF recently and how can we make it go away?.. I'd offer to curse them away but.... :s
                              Eh no one argues like that in most of the forum, just in certain places, and it seems mostly not to still be so very bad right now...
                              I so think you should wake it up though :P just poke the angry sleepy bear and walk away :P

~Jim Butcher

Comment

She'd need to make a new thread. Pretty sure that Juni or Chain locked the old one on account of rampaging idiocy and bad manners.
                                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Working...
                                X