THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

It's amazing how I mention I'm finally starting to see a profit from my business then suddenly folks come running with open hands. It's 5 bucks, folks -_-

ADD: The -_- smiley seems oh-so appropriate.
    my etsy store
    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
    surrounded by plush, downy things,
    ill prepared, but willing,
    to descend."

Comment

Today is not about is not about your politics.
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

I'm getting sick and tired of our room-mate. I won't rant on and on about the details of how he's a nightmare of a roomie. TL;DR version, he's disgusting, blows his money on junk food leaving his allotted rent unpaid or skimped on, has stolen or eaten our stuff constantly, and he acts like a child. We had to lock certain kid channels in the living room just so we could stop waking up to blaring cartoons. (We're all adults here, we don't like waking up to stuff only parents with 4-year-olds voluntarily watch.) So yeah, annoying to deal with.

It's been getting worse lately with him. I'm about ready to tell him to GTFO. But we'll see how it all goes - hubby has more faith in him and hopefully he's right.

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
          Today is not about [I repeat] is not about your politics!!
          *Fixed.

I was tempted to add some profanity, for additional emphasis. But I just know that our words are falling on deaf ears.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
            *Fixed.

I was tempted to add some profanity, for additional emphasis. But I just know that our words are falling on deaf ears.
            I actually agree wholeheartedly. It's kinda annoyed me how many folks want to treat Memorial Day as "another day on the soapbox" both politically and in other ways.
            my etsy store
            My blog

to descend."

Comment

I tell my mom that I don't know if I am going to have a BIG wedding reception (as in inviting extended family..) I basically said if I haven't talked to you in the last year then you aren't invited to the reception... My wedding should not be the first or second time you are meeting the man I have been with for soon to be 6 years.

So then because I tell my mother I am not going to have a BIG wedding reception she proceeds to tell my grandparents and all of my extended family and her friends AND her students that I "refuse" to have a wedding reception. Not only am I "refusing" to have a wedding reception but I want to "take her money" and spend it all on myself... (my mom gave me $2,000 towards wedding expenses, which I do greatly appreciate, and we decided to elope with in October of 2013). So I am apparently a selfish unappreciative brat who refuses to consider how this is going to effect my great uncles and aunts who I haven't seen since 2006 when I graduated high school...

If you are going to take everything I say, multiply it by ten, tell everyone you know, then make me out to be a villain... I just wont speak to you any more. By the way... keep your money.
              sigpic

Comment

My current fb status says it all:

You know a message has failed to get through when you talk about "the buck stops here" and the person responds with how they wish another president like that would come along.
                *headdesk*
                my etsy store
                My blog

to descend."

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                  Today is not about is not about your politics.
                  I posted this exact comment on an reddit thread. Some dude was all 'I'm so sick of all the Memorial Day stuff blah blah'. Someone replied with a bunch of political blah blah. I replied it isn't about your politics. It's about honoring the dead. The end. He and I got into it. I replied you can politic talk 364. He said today is about MY POLITICS. I replied: "i hope everyone reads that reply. well placed focus there"
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Moonwitch View Post
                    I detest the IRS! I've been anxiously awaiting a small refund, but today I got a letter in the mail, saying they couldn't process my return because I owe self-employment tax. I earned less than $5,000 last year, and they want me to pay taxes on that paltry amount? How? Am I supposed to pull it out of my ass?
                    I hate that about here too. They treat being self-employed like it's borderline unacceptable and that self-employed people just sponge off the system. Our heath system is set up so that a person pays half and the employer pays half, but if you're self-employed, you have to pay all. Now they want to bring in pension contributions, which I'd say is fair, but unlike for regularly employed people, it's not going to be based on income. It's going to be a flat rate based on age. So if you're 30, you can look forward to paying apparently about 350 Euros a month, whether you earn 700 Euros or 7,000 Euros. If I worked retail and earned the same amount, I'd pay less, but because I'm self-employed I'd have to pay more. Thanks Germany. Luckily I think that this is so unpopular that it wont get past the planning stage, but it's still such a stupid policy that I'm offended that anyone even came up with it.

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                      *Fixed.

Mostly.

But I have some hope.

I responded on someone's group FB page that had descended into an anti-war discussion that while I felt that the points were worthwhile, I didn't think today was appropriate. Have the conversation tomorrow. Today is for the men and women that died doing their job. Not only did both individuals that were doing this "like" my comment, they both stopped and one even apologized.

I even made my blog post for the day about it...because Memorial Day *isn't* about any one of us...not even me as a veteran.
                      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

My mother is coming to see me. A year and a half and she can only bring her drunk ass to come up here when she's got some hillbilly boyfriend to be her spine for her and can take me by surprise with only 5 days' notice? Nice, Mom. Really nice.

Note to self: Lock up any and all booze when she arrives, and make sure to smoke lots and be really cozy with the hubby. Maybe she'll get disgusted and F off to go to the beach or something.

Comment

I got yelled at by an Indian man. Who while yelling at me and saying I'm not blind....confused me. Because he wobbled his head in the yes and no direction. So I was like well do YOU think you are blind? Because you seem to be agreeing with the statement.
                          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Ugh the job market is just so disheartening. Over here, there seems to be only internships and senior management jobs, and the odd trainee job (ie entry level) requires some special skill like mobile gaming programming (for a marketing job!) or photography or a 4th language or something like that. I keep reading articles about how low some jobs are paid (we dont' have a minimum wage here)...like, 5 Euro an hour or less. I saw an ad for a job that worked out to 4 Euro an hour for 100 hours a month (so they wouldn't have to pay benefits...if it's under 400 Euros a month they're not required to make contributions). That's total BS. Then I read stuff like every second job opening is a temporary position, which seems about right. In a way, it makes me feel better about freelancing, but now they maybe want us to pay ridiculous pension contributions, and the pay seems to be getting lower for freelancers as more people are doing it. Garrrrr

And reading statuses from people on facebook in other countries is yucky as well. A friend moved back to the US over a year ago and has only been able to find temp jobs, internships and restaurant jobs (he has a masters, is over 30, and has work experience). Friends in Canada who did masters or finished university later can't find anything permanent. Friends in the UK can only manage if they go to London, and then they have to pay rent in London.

THEN I read all sorts of BS articles about how our generation doesn't "know the real value of work", which is such a slap in the bloody face.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                              I got yelled at by an Indian man. Who while yelling at me and saying I'm not blind....confused me. Because he wobbled his head in the yes and no direction. So I was like well do YOU think you are blind? Because you seem to be agreeing with the statement.
                              Bwahahahahaha!!!

It seems like a stereotype, or being ugly... but there are days when we have conventions with a high population of Indian folk... and looking up & down the registration desk at all the bobbling heads is quite surreal.
                              The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post

THEN I read all sorts of BS articles about how our generation doesn't "know the real value of work", which is such a slap in the bloody face.
                                That's the part that gets me the most. Ten bucks says it's written by a 40-something or older with major job security while they preach from their ivory tower.

NOTE: BEFORE people try to get defensive about the demographic, check this out: http://www.deptofnumbers.com/unemployment/demographics/
                                Last edited by Caelia; 31 May 2012, 12:27.
                                my etsy store
                                My blog

to descend."

Comment

Working...
                                X