THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Typical, I have been put down for NVQ 3 but the sign up is tomorrow at our head office, between 1 and 5. I am in the middle of 4 waking nights in a row, and with the move, and the fact I am still under the weather after working 78 hours in a single week recently (panicked and did as much overtime as I could: paying the consequences now), means I simply won't be able to go. I would only get 3 hours sleep then have to help JP move stuff in when I got back at 6pm. Gutted. After years of turning down promotions, I finally agreed to at least do the training (it's paid for by the company), and see how I feel. That buys me at least a year, most likely longer, as I need to do NVQ 3 AND 4 before I can be a service manager. Ah well, if they really want to promote me as badly as they seem to from the years of bugging me, then they'll surely put my name forward next time the training comes around.
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

reddit is down for maintenance.
      I guess it's early to bed for me!
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I'm awake....
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I'm in a generally bad mood the last few days. I miss my boyfriend terribly and overall things are just kinda difficult. So I wake up this morning not in great spirits and te first thing I hear from my dad is, "I know you don't want to hear this but we have to take your car to the shop." Don't have money so it's all going on the credit card. I guess it's better to worsen a bad mood than damper a good one?

Grrrr. >.<

Comment

I was messing around in my storeroom, looking for my sunglasses, and managed to dump adhesive on myself. I think it was for like aquariums or something... Now I have dirt and cloth tacked all over chest.
            Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Did I just need to spend 30 minutes on the phone TWICE with my cable company just so I can register on-line to PAY THEM?!

*though I did find out they offer free hot spot wifi for my phone for free.

STICKS IT TO DA MAN

Comment

It seems that lately sounds and noises are louder to me than what they used to be. I'm thinking that for some reason I am not, so to speak, filtering sounds like I used to. So many things that didn't bother me in the past are bothering me now. High-pitched noises like the stupid electric carts where I work that make a loud beeping when backing up, my mom playing with my dog (her voice gets so high-pitched), and many others. I can talk in a high-pitched voice, though, and it doesn't bother me. Just the sounds around me. It's driving me nuts. I just want to lock myself in my room where it's quiet.

Comment

Warning, incoming a bunch of angst.

I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired about my life. I have no license, no degree, no job and live with my parents. My chronic depression and social anxiety makes me feel like I can't even function as an adult. My family is barely getting by so I can't get money from them to help with transition (if I was even out to them), I'd need to get it myself. However, I live in a small town that would require a car to get to jobs. I'd need a job where it's ok that I have no people skills and don't have to deal with the public, or Athena forbid, using the phone (a major anxiety trigger for me). And of course since the money would be going towards transition, I'd have to come out in the job place pretty early. Social anxiety, plus having to disclose that kind of information to relative strangers, in person... Yeah, that's going to work out just grand. And having all the self discipline of a five year old with add, makes trying to do stuff that I know I have to do to fix myself (take my medication daily, exercise regularly, etc) feel about as futile as Sisyphus trying to push that boulder up that damn hill (bonus points for those that get the reference). I keep swearing that I'm going to change things, start taking better care of myself, actually talk about my issues with the therapist rather than counting down the minutes until I leave and I never do. Months go by and I'll have accomplished not a damn thing.

It feels like I've painted myself into a corner in life and, whether right or wrong, feels like there isn't a damn thing I can do about it.
                  Cogito ergo sum.

My blog type thing: RaineV1.tumblr.com

Comment

My college tuition goes up by $2,000 but my scholarships do not increase to match the raise. -$2,000 out of my pocket directly.

Comment

The checklist is an affirmation that a tech has looked at each point, not an affirmation that a tech looked at the second two thirds and is confident that one of their fellows preset the first accurately. If you've been shirking a third of your responsibilities based on the assumption that I carry out my duties the way you think I should then perhaps instead of getting angry at me, you should go back and

DO YOUR FUCKING JOB!!!
                      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Back at work. At least it's only a four week tour this time...?

*sigh*

Mostly art.

Comment

So I went swimming after work tonight. That was midnight. I'm really trying to get in at least 30 minutes of swimming maybe 3 or 4 times a week. Well I ate a bologna sammy and a peach at about 9pm. Took my Diabetes pill with it. Then finished cleaning the store. Then went swimming at midnight. The sammy and fruit did not hold me over. After the swimming I walked so slow to my locker. I was able to change my clothes and walk agonizionly slow to the desk. Hoping they would have change for the soda machine. I needed sugar. Nope. It's closed. Great.

I drove to Walmart and went through the drive through of McDonald's. I picked up some fries and a strawberry soda. And sat in the car for 15 minutes eating and drinking this until I felt alive once again.

It was very scary. I was alone in the middle of the night feeling as if I was going to faint over.

So I'm thinking no more gym after work. Or make sure to take a snack with me in my purse.

I feel like shit.

Comment

I'll take Reading Comprehension Skills for a thousand, Alex!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

My cat just died, the neighbor's dogs killed him. I heard it happen. He was my only friend. I'm afraid I might do something stupid, and I don't have anyone I can talk to.
                              Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
                                My cat just died, the neighbor's dogs killed him. I heard it happen. He was my only friend. I'm afraid I might do something stupid, and I don't have anyone I can talk to.
                                Oh I am so sorry for your loss.

Comment

Working...
                                X