THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

When you say racist, do you mean people who practice racsism (The belief that one race is superior to the other races) or people who are racially prejudiced? (Have negative opinions on a certain race.)

Or both?
    Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Thanks to partly heartache and partly jet lag, I didn't get to sleep until 5:30 am last night I'm sooooo tired.

Comment

I have been so anxious the last few days and I don't like it x
        "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Back on my diet for real this time.
          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
          Sneak Attack
          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
            Really? I find them quite interesting. I feel as if I'm studying some far off ancestor of ours. They are just amazing in their logic. I just wanna keep poking them with sticks.
            They are no longer interesting. Actually, for me, since I'm related to so damned many of them it's never been interesting. It's tiresome. I'm surrounded by them.

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
            When you say racist, do you mean people who practice racism (The belief that one race is superior to the other races) or people who are racially prejudiced? (Have negative opinions on a certain race.)

Or both?
            To me, they are one and the same. And they are all tiresome people.
            The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Ive noticed Im surrounded by them now myself... Id never noticed it before. Id considered it the sort of thing that only skinheads and old workin class people who cant cope with the world today get up to but its not the case.

I had to get up and walk away from a table at lunch last week because some people I know well wouldnt stop even when I asked them. They argued the validity of racism when I challenged them on it... feck sake. In my case it was the travellers, we had a traveller win a gold medal in the olympics and the eejits were still saying that they cant be educated and that they shouldnt be allowed live in houses, they take advantage of the rights everyone else is accorded in our society and they dont deserve them... scary stuff.

I like racist jokes, they are naughty and its a rare thing to get that naughty feeling as an adult. Some people dont get that the joke is on racists though. While Im not going to stop telling jokes because laughing at the horrible things in life we cant change makes them less frightening. Ill be carefull that the people Im with arent laughing too loudly or bitterly now. If they are ill be direct about my feelings on the issue and walk away from them so they dont do it in my presence but... my world is a little bit darker and danker for the revelation.

Id say I hope they breed themselves into a stagnant genetic puddle but they are just a symptom of a social sickness that I didnt know was so acute. Ive no idea how to cure it.

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
                To me, they are one and the same.
                It's two different kinds of stupid, and an important distinction to be made. The former makes them an arrogant asshole, and the latter makes them a bigoted asshole.
                Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

I work with someone who has racist thoughts toward Indians, Asians and Arabs. Though he won't crack any Arab type statements around me or he knows it's a crack to the face. But he also believes in ufos and other odd conspiracy theories. I've told him he's racist. So we get along fine. It's awful when you can't call someone out on it. But I'm not mean to him. I like him quite a lot. As long as I am able to express to him how racist he is. I'm wearing on him...eventually....
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I've met some shockingly racist people here. Like, racist to the point where you can't even reason with them. Usually they're sexist as well.

Comment

Even if he straight up hates those races, that doesn't actually make him racist. Prejudiced, yes. Racist? Maybe, maybe not.

If he was talking about his "pure white blood," or some other such nonsense then that would be racist. In as much as "white" can be considered a race.

Comment

I disagree with him, so I leave the room when he starts his whole conspiracy-theory-the-government-is-evil spiel. I don't want to argue with him. Do you think it's going to make me happy when you start parroting the same crap at me when he leaves?
                        "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." - Khalil Gibran

Comment

Okay, I really, REALLY try not to cuss in the general forums, but...

I AM PISSED ABOUT THIS. (And this comes from my state. Oh, boy! )

Get breaking national and world news, broadcast video coverage, and exclusive interviews. Find the top news online at ABC news.

Comment

Even if he straight up hates those races, that doesn't actually make him racist. Prejudiced, yes. Racist? Maybe, maybe not.

If he was talking about his "pure white blood," or some other such nonsense then that would be racist. In as much as "white" can be considered a race.
                            I don't care enough about the stupidity to make distinctions. In fact, making distinctions seems like giving a racist/bigot too much credit. I don't argue with racists/bigots/prejudiced people (other than the mother-in-law because any opportunity I have to argue with that bitch is a good opportunity to me) whatever - I just walk away, change the radio or tv station, stop reading the forum post, defriend them, whatever it takes to remove myself from their immediate vicinity.

Comment

It is important to make that distinction, if you do not then you are essentially saying that being bigoted AND arrogant is no worse than being bigoted OR arrogant.

Comment

It is important to make that distinction, if you do not then you are essentially saying that being bigoted AND arrogant is no worse than being bigoted OR arrogant.
                                Even this thread is tedious.

Comment

Working...
                                X