THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

I can relate!! We have had to wait over a month for our sky to be installed. X
    "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

I'm annoyed and depressed all the time, sometimes over literally nothing and I hate it.
      They moaned and squealed, and pressed their snouts to the earth. We are sorry, we are sorry.
      Sorry you were caught, I said. Sorry that you thought I was weak, but you were wrong.
      -Madeline Miller, Circe

Comment

8 hours of exams this week and I get the flu for the first time in years. Timing is everything.

Comment

Got out of camp yesterday, and after a night of galavanting in Ottawa, I'm hungover this morning.

Mostly art.

Comment

I kinda feel selfish for ranting about this as I know all too well how lucky I am to have a job at all, never mind one I enjoy and pays well. But my next rota is a NIGHTMARE. I told my boss, when JP was unemployed and I was terrified about losing the flat, that I wanted as much overtime as he could give me. Well, I worked loads last month and when I was paid (it was a five week rota so we all got an extra week this month), I had enough money to pay the monthly bills twice over and still have money left! Great, but I don't need that kind of money now and would prefer to free time. What's the point in having money if you're too stressed, overworked and miserable to enjoy it? I've had money and although it doesn't make me unhappy, it definitely doesn't make me any happier than I am with less of it. So I told my boss that I'd like to just do my usual hours, but will help out in emergencies.

Well, got my rota. Keeping in mind I usually get 3 days off one week, then 4 days the next, you can imagine my horror at seeing only one or two days off a week! I am doing day shifts and extra night shifts. I have no idea how I will physically cope with 50-60 hour work weeks. I lost my voice last time I did that. But, as I said when I started this rant. I'm lucky to have a job at all. At least this will be almost all of our Japan savings paid back!

Guess I'm most upset because the lack of free time for so long, has caused me to seriously fall behind in my studies. I'm also studying for a diploma in Social Care, so I'm now never going to achieve my goal in Japanese by New Year. It's really not the end of the world, but I get obsessed when I give myself a target and I hate to fail. Serves me right for setting the bar so high. I think I overestimated my level to begin with, and underestimated how much work I had ahead of me. Meh, there's always 2013!
            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I know what you mean. I don't cope well with overtime, because even though I don't mind working or putting effort into my work, I can't really focus or do well at it if I don't have personal time. 40 hour work weeks are sort of my limit (especially since, unlike Canada and the UK, they don't count your lunch time into your working time, so if you take the standard 1 hour break, you're typically doing 45 hours a week).

Comment

You ever go out to buy a book, spend 20 minutes trying to find the stupid book in the crappy bookstore that happens to be the only one left open. You know you have the money because you transferred it into the account that morning. You get to the checkout line and apparently do not have the money because the husband has been using the wrong card to buy gas, and he fixed it that morning, so suddenly the money you had set aside for things is all gone, and you dont get paid till the bloody 7th because that happened to me last night, and my wonderful loving husband can't figure out why Im pissy....
                http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                ~Jim Butcher

Comment

insomnia. it haz me.
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I'm tired, I'm lonely, I wanna be at home, I'm making a tit of myself messaging friends, I wanna cuddle my kitten and did I mention lonely? Oh yeah, I did...
                    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I have to face my biggest fear... TONS OF PAPER WORK!
                      [4:82]

Comment

What a painful day! Now, with computer problems, to boot!

I put the lotion on! Why am I getting the hose again?!?!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I got up at 2:30AM to finish getting ready for my bike trip, and now I'm on a greyhound at 4 in the morning. Efff life in general right now. Even the gods don't wake up this early.

Mostly art.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Q9FC528143.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	351505

Comment

Living in continental Europe, I'm sort of desensitized to that stuff. There are big American chains (but especially McDonalds and Starbucks) near most European landmarks. You see these beautiful pics online, and then you go there and it's full of McDonalds. Part of me laments it because I hate fast food (I don't eat it) and would like to see them gone from everywhere, but part of me appreciates them being there in places where food allergies are a HUGE risk. I also like the effect globalisation has had on local cuisines because it brings more variety. Berlin cuisine kind of sucks (pork and potatoes...yay...worst German food ever), but I don't have to eat it because I can get everything else.

I mean, you're from Ireland, right? It's not like KFC is native to there either.....

Comment

Danie to me a corporate multinational being allowed to exploit heritage for their personal gain is not a natural symptom of globalisation like non seasonal veg or the ability to get a double double from Timmy Ho's no matter where you are in the world. I like that too tbh. Exploiting heritage for personal gain is the worst thing anyone can do because heritage is held in common by everyone and its to be handed down for all our children. We would rob unborn generations... imagine... *shudder*

Historically it might be seen to be true for most of europe because infrastructure development has fuelled cultural revivals by causing public outcry. Really by causing the people to value the sacred in their landscape by seeing it being devalued. For example here when there was a road being built near a heritage site here a few years ago we generated international outcry and took our govt to the european courts.

Admittedly while I have an emotional sense that the wonders of the world are mine as much as anyone elses the pyramids at Giza are really Egypts heritage no matter what I feel and I dont have a stake in them. If they want to abuse it like that fair enough but I find it absolutely unconscionable. If it happendhere Id have to take personal action.

Comment

Working...
                                X