THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Apparently, Cairo is sitting in the wrong place.

*headdesk

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Oh come ON, there's even a restaurant at the end of the universe!

Can't we start a discussion in debates or somewhere, about fast food chains ruining the planet for literally everyone, so we can carry on ranting about noisy passangers on buses, aches and pains, thoughtless spouses, politics and of course, in the case of some members; an obsessive compulsive need to study a language they lack the brain power to retain.... Just an idea...
      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
        Oh come ON, there's even a restaurant at the end of the universe!

Can't we start a discussion in debates or somewhere, about fast food chains ruining the planet for literally everyone, so we can carry on ranting about noisy passangers on buses, aches and pains, thoughtless spouses, politics and of course, in the case of some members; an obsessive compulsive need to study a language they lack the brain power to retain.... Just an idea...
        That's a rant!

And my obsessive need to study English merely stems from everyone around me using it. Incorrectly.

Irrregardless.
        Its.
        Alright.
        Could of.
        For all intensive purposes.
        Cared less.
        Anyways.

/headBASHdesk

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
          That's a rant!

And my obsessive need to study English merely stems from everyone around me using it. Incorrectly.

Irrregardless.
          Its.
          Alright.
          Could of.
          For all intensive purposes.
          Cared less.
          Anyways.

/headBASHdesk
          You forgot my favourite. 'Alot'. I could rant for hours about 'I could care less', but I thought it was acceptable American usage so was letting it slide. That, and if I pick fault with US English, someone's gonna poke me with the 'through' stick at some point.

Oh I also hate it when people use adjectives to modify verbs. 'he spoke good', 'she wrote it fast', 'he's dressed smart'. The only reason I don't make a big deal of it, is that I make sooo many such mistakes when I am typing, that I'd feel like a hypocrite. I can't spell for toffee buttons either, but luckily, when I was teaching English, it was 100% conversational English. The students I taught typically wrote very well, but just hadn't developed the skills needed to speak. (Incidentally, this is why I get so vocal about the fact that some languages are taught through reading and writing in the UK, thus creating mute literary bards who can write word-perfect poetry, but can't order a bus ticket. It's my go-to rant. Monolingual language learning is the business!).
          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
            Apparently, Cairo is sitting in the wrong place.

*headdesk
            They have malls and hospitals...and schools! How dare they?! Then of course when Egypt was brand spanking new in its 'culture' it also had markets and hospitals and fast foods *for their version of it. How dare Cairo be a living city with living people in it. Next think you know they will have internet.

For fuck's sake. It's not a museum or cemetery.

And another thing. Culture. I'm sick of that word being used as an excuse to be so fucking annoying. Yeah. I mean you.
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
              They have malls and hospitals...and schools! How dare they?! Then of course when Egypt was brand spanking new in its 'culture' it also had markets and hospitals and fast foods *for their version of it. How dare Cairo be a living city with living people in it. Next think you know they will have internet.

For fuck's sake. It's not a museum or cemetery.

And another thing. Culture. I'm sick of that word being used as an excuse to be so fucking annoying. Yeah. I mean you.
              Id take offense if you werent born on the wrong side of the bed love. Cheer up, life looks better when you look on the bright side

Rant:

No dry boxers Ive to go commando, Ive ANOTHER feckin exam today ontop of everything else. FFS bring back the days of jobs for life when the company invested in you and I didnt have to train constantly.

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                You forgot my favourite. 'Alot'. I could rant for hours about 'I could care less', but I thought it was acceptable American usage so was letting it slide. That, and if I pick fault with US English, someone's gonna poke me with the 'through' stick at some point.
                Don't worry, it's not. People use it, but people also confuse your and you're...doesn't make it acceptable!

Anyway, I'm sick of ambiguity. I want to have a job that I like and will continue as a career, and I want to be in a relationship that's going somewhere.

Comment

I cycled 110km in the last two days south to north across the Queen Charlottes, and I'm very very sore.

I forgot how much my back and sit-bones hurt when I tour. So. Much. Pain.

Mostly art.

Comment

^ Ow. OW. OW! OW!!!!

Comment

I have nothing to rant about, that is my rant.

Comment

I dropped Chickadee off in her classroom for her first day of kindergarten and had to wait in line in the office to take care of something else...while I was waiting, the bus monitors brought in about 10 kids whose parents had dropped them off at the bus stop without telling them who their teachers were (or without knowing), and another 3 kids who weren't even registered for school.

WTF?!?!
                        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SCoyote View Post
                          I have nothing to rant about, that is my rant.

LOL SC! We can fix that for ya, I'm sure.

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                            I dropped Chickadee off in her classroom for her first day of kindergarten and had to wait in line in the office to take care of something else...while I was waiting, the bus monitors brought in about 10 kids whose parents had dropped them off at the bus stop without telling them who their teachers were (or without knowing), and another 3 kids who weren't even registered for school.

WTF?!?!
                            Wow...I'm speechless.

Congrats in the first day, though, Thal...how are you holding up?
                            Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

I'm stressed. I'm taking sleeping pills every night to sleep. Then I sleep. I'm anxious about going to to the 2 day funeral services on Thur and Fri. I'm stressed. Did I mention that I'm stressed? Because I am.
                              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Outside of that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Comment

Working...
                                X