THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Glad you at least got through it Medusa,at least it is over for now. I am sure someone is going to say something because you split,but that would have happened(getting talked about) no matter what you did. Family at least from my perspective is a minefield,and sometime or other you will trip a mine no matter how careful you are with your words. Welcome back to pagan peaceful place and your friends here.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I hate doctors. Hate.

Hate.
      It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
      -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

I see,hmmm,well I think perhaps something must be wrong,please pay on your way out,and my nurse will set up another appointment(at $300-400) a pop and we will discuss your case in a little more depth...Sound like something you have heard before???
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Oh I'd like in on the grumble about doctors. I'm self-medicating with herbal medicine, for a condition I am really concerned about but my doctor brushed off and told me to just get on with life and live with my symptoms. I know there is medication available to help me, but on the NHS, you have to be pretty sick before you get them. I could be treating a condition I don't have, I could be making myself sick by using herbal remedies that aren't suitable. If the doctors had tried to help me, I wouldn't have had to self-diagnose and take such risks, but here I am...

Oh, that rant felt good!
          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

My doctor's answer to most things is ibuprofen. She's told me over the course of the last year or so that about half a dozen different things I've gone to her about were likely down to stress and/or anxiety but she refused to prescribe anything because, and this is a direct quote "You don't look depressed."
            Personally I'm wary of self medication for the reasons you've said, Jembru, and things like Kalms cost a small fortune. Goodness knows my circumstances are going to change any time soon. In a way I'm glad to be on the NHS because I'd greatly begrudge paying a doctor to do absolutely nothing. Also she types one fingered and says it aloud as she goes. That's just a personal complaint - I always feel like taking the keyboard off her and asking her to dictate.
            ~J

"The very young do not always do as they are told."

Comment

Rant: it was raining all morning, so I got all cozy in my comfy jeans and a mug of cocoa, and now the sun is shining, but I'm busy editing photos and can't go play outside.

/first world problems

Mostly art.

Comment

So if there is a sign on the elevator that says "out of order" what do you do? Why apparently walk on in and start hitting buttons! and when the door closes and won't open I have to come try and get you out... When, however, the door closes again, and I'm standing in it so it does'nt close on you, you stare and giggle. I hope you get hit by a car and no one helps you cause you're on a frickin road!!!!! Sometimes people make me angry and now my arm, and shoulder are swollen and I'm going to need to be seen by a doctor... Awesome...

:rage:

- - - Updated - - -

If I go see the doctor and nothing is wrong, I have to pay for it. If I choose not to go see a doctor and something is wrong I have to pay for it... I hurt, I am angry, and I sorta wanna cry... I f-ing hate working in a hospital, and yes, doctors are assholes!
                http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                ~Jim Butcher

Comment

I've just wasted the whole off my first day off in bed!!! Yes, I probably needed it but I have so much I want to get done. I hate my body sometimes... who really needs that much sleep just to function!!!
                  http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Of course, I can wake even earlier to take you in the EXACT OPPOSITE DIRECTION from where I need to be in the morning. I LIKE waking up before 6:30. DOESN'T EVERYONE?
                    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I TOTALLY choked on my telephone interview today

Comment

Why is it always my room that attracts the bugs? I don't keep filth, I clean, I shower. Seriously. I've had fleas, giant spiders, flies, moths, beetles, ladybugs and potato bugs, and butterflies appearing in my room out of nowhere, repeatedly for the past couple of days, no matter what I do. I seriously feel like I should call myself the Vermin Lord and wear an old burlap franciscan monk's robe while covered in bees, flies, centipedes, beetles, and spiders.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                          Don't worry quite yet. A summer tech I was working with earlier this year was promoted to full tech after utterly flubbing the practical test portion of the interview and she was in competition with experienced, certified techs. The other applicants failed to impress the guys running the interview and the decision was made to take a newb that can be trained to do things the way that my employers prefer from the beginning over less than impressive techs who have to be trained to drop their old habits and learn new ones. Interviews can turn out in unexpected ways.
                          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                            Aww Danie! I'm sure it wasn't as bad as you think. I always feel like I mess up on interviews.

My rant: I've been up since 7am, but I need to make it till 2am when my coach comes to take me to Prince George where I catch my flight to Ontario. I'm tired now! HOW am I going to make it until 2am?

*sigh*

Mostly art.

Comment

It could have been worse Danie. JP once dropped his pants in an interview. I actually think I've told this story before, but it's worth repearting. He once forgot to wear a belt with a suit that is a little large on him (he has a very narrow waist, so it's hard to find anything to fit just right). When he stood up to shake the interviewer's hand, his pants forgot to come up with him! Nightmare! ^^
                              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                                It could have been worse Danie. JP once dropped his pants in an interview. I actually think I've told this story before, but it's worth repearting. He once forgot to wear a belt with a suit that is a little large on him (he has a very narrow waist, so it's hard to find anything to fit just right). When he stood up to shake the interviewer's hand, his pants forgot to come up with him! Nightmare! ^^
                                Oh, that's got to be the worst interview story I've heard so far! I had a really bad one once as a teenager with a telemarketing company. I was so bad that they didn't let me finish the interview, and dismissed me!

I was heartbroken right up until I realized I would have hated my life if I was a telemarketer. Speaking of, I had one hang up on me the other day! I was polite and everything, and as soon as I said that I wasn't really interested in his product, the line went dead!

Mostly art.

Comment

Working...
                                X