Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
    I hate each and every person who has their beliefs figured out. Because I can't do it.

What do I believe in? I don't know. No amount of thinking and figuring and dreaming makes me figure it out. Do gods exist? If they do, they don't talk to me. Are spirits real? Maybe? Maybe not? Does magic exist? I can pretend it does. Does being atheist make me happy? Nope.

I'm in a bad mood. I'm sorry.
    This could be a catalyst to move into the direction you were always meant to be on.

Man I sounded like such a hippy. But you know in times of frustration you find where the rubber hits the road. It's do or die time!

Or just say F it like Thal.

Whichever.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I hate each and every person who has their beliefs figured out. Because I can't do it.

What do I believe in? I don't know. No amount of thinking and figuring and dreaming makes me figure it out. Do gods exist? If they do, they don't talk to me. Are spirits real? Maybe? Maybe not? Does magic exist? I can pretend it does. Does being atheist make me happy? Nope.

I'm in a bad mood. I'm sorry.
      I agree with Thal on this one, whatever makes you feel better is best, and everyone who doesnt like it can f off...

My Rant... The hospital is doing a free Christmas dinner for employees, and while all of the hospital administrators think I count as an employee... The people taking my money appear to disagree.
      http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
      ~Jim Butcher

Comment

I miss sleeping. If it's not nightmares, it's waking up to my roommate, or my cat, or something else. I was awake for three hours last night because of cramps. It took 1200mg of ibuprofen, scrounging through my things to find handwarmers because I don't own a hot water bottle, and almost three hours to fall back to sleep again. And this morning I feel like I was run over by a truck. Everything hurts.

Also, thank you everybody for your responses. I'm not really sure what to say about it. But I appreciate the attempts, and it gave me things to think on.

Mostly art.

Comment

I'm going to confess and rant: I hate Christmas. I do, I really do. One of the many reasons is my family. It brings out the worst in them and they fight over every goddamn thing during the holidays. If more Pagans were in my area that I befriended and trusted I'd couch surf until it was over.

Today was no exception. My folks fought over how to decorate a tree they've had up for weeks. They wanted to do that ribbon crap. Finally I took over with a mother bickering about my design ideas and trying to salvage whatever the hell mess she left me with the tree. I inherited a project full of uneven ribbon draped all over the place. I went into stage manager mode because it was the only way things would get done despite her childish whining about "how she didn't even want the tree like this" or "she wanted something else and not these ideas". Without stage manager mode her bickering would have impeded all progress. I hate doing this outside of performances because it can be a devastating attitude for folks, especially when you add I was dead tired. On top of that she half-heartedly held the ladder while I was 10-12 feet in the air (I'm acrophobic to boot) so I felt like she was just trying to sabotage everything by freaking me out or worse. It's about as done as can be, but it still looks like shit.

Both of my parents are the worst when it comes to planning. They don't; they have ideas and bicker the whole way through until the last minute and expect folks to rescue their pet projects. I really need to find a clip of the Venture Brothers where Dr. Girlfriend says, "I'm not your fucking mommy!" I need it.
          my etsy store
          My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
          surrounded by plush, downy things,
          ill prepared, but willing,
          to descend."

Comment

One word.

PAIN!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I just got home. I just turned on my space heater to KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN hot. I am wearing flannel jammy bottoms, a sweater...and my beanie.

It's soooo cold!

brrrrrrr

Comment

[4:82]

Comment

Ya know when someone offers to do something, and you get all excited because it means you don't have to go to the post office and stand in line for 45 minutes? Then a little over a week later you find the bloody thing you needed done in the back of their car... totally not done... My bloody holiday cards will be in the mail later today, I have to call in a favor from the hospital mail lady, but they had been sitting in the back of the hubbys car prettying up the joint, they even already had stamps.... I am so sorry.
                  http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                  ~Jim Butcher

Comment

My family is so depressing. Every time I talk to a relative I'm reminded of why I hardly ever contact anyone. I just talked to my great-uncle and our topics of conversation amounted to:

-Nobody ever talks to anybody
                    -I never do anything but work, eat, and sleep
                    -Somebody set your uncle's car on fire
                    -I don't even know if we're having our usual Christmas gathering

I swear it's going to come to a point where more of my relatives die and I won't ever know about it because nobody will tell me, and when I do find out I won't even care.
                    Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                    -Erik Erikson

Comment

Man, I'm sorry to hear that, Clive!

Maybe the spaceships arriving, tomorrow, can take us somewhere full of decency, intelligence and compassion.

Wait, cue segue music.

Maya! "They were destroyed. Went extinct and didn't even predict their own apocalypse. One of their ancient calendars doesn't record any "time" after a certain date."

Oh, noes!

I am sick to death of the retarded bullshit that people not only say but believe (hook, line, and sinker) and pass along as "true"! The gullible, uneducated, and completely clueless monkeys, pretending that their meager little existence is governed by some dubious claim, by some half-witted conspiracy theorist, regarding some bizarre interpretation of some of the earliest known writing, in the Americas, have seriously reinforced my cynicism toward the human race, as a whole, in that I can only HOPE that there's a decent size meteor or comet coming to visit the Earth. Head on! In what is known as an Extinction Event (commonly called an extinction level event).

To hell with prophesies. It's a moral imperative!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

As a Mexican, I think the Mayans are the biggest trolls evar! And after the 21st passes, I'ma gonna sit in the corner and snicker...in Spanish.

Comment

Put together a free event for a free Pagan guild and already folks are pissy about it. Never mind these people haven't posted in the longest time. They don't participate and this is the thing that makes them actually post? Wow. So many whiny ingrates!
                          my etsy store
                          My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                          surrounded by plush, downy things,
                          ill prepared, but willing,
                          to descend."

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                            As a Mexican, I think the Mayans are the biggest trolls evar! And after the 21st passes, I'ma gonna sit in the corner and snicker...in Spanish.
                            How do you snicker in Spanish? I really want to know! lol. I know that to laugh in Spanish, it's "jajajajaja". XD
                            But yeah, count me in as one who never paid attention to the whole "end of the world" thing. We've had too many no shows already, that it's like "crying wolf" to me now. When the real Apocalypse happen, I will be sitting on the toilet, unprepared and saying, "Meh, whatever." Then kaboom, just gone. Or eaten by zombies. >_>
                            My everyday wacky blog

Comment

I pay a great deal of attention to armageddon scenarios. They just generally don't meet my demands for exceptional special effects so I reverse them and invite their developers over for dinner.
                              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                                I pay a great deal of attention to armageddon scenarios. They just generally don't meet my demands for exceptional special effects so I reverse them and invite their developers over for dinner.

Cannibal.

Comment

Working...
                                X