My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
    surrounded by plush, downy things,
    ill prepared, but willing,
    to descend."

Comment

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by LiadanWillows View Post
      Thanks for all the support guys... I wish I knew if my leg was okay but it is so swollen and hurts so bad I can't fit my foot in my work shoe. I called my doctor to ask if I can get an xray of my leg. With HealthPlus(my health insurance company) you have to call for permission before going to ER or Med express unless it is a true life threatening emergency. So I tell him what happened to my leg and his first question is "what health insurance do you have" I tell him I have HealthPlus (which isn't really great) and he says "you don't need an xray". So if I would have said "I have Blue Cross Blue Shield" you would have said "yes ma'am get your butt to the ER and get an xray"... asshole! So what I wanna know is why the fuck am I paying $140 a month for health insurance that doesn't allow me to get healthcare?! And why is my doctor more interested in which healthcare plan I have then ME his patient?! I'm so pissed off right now I could scream. America you are sick... hope you have Blue Cross Blue Shield.
      Aw, Liadan, I'm sorry to hear about that - that blows!
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Ah yes, Blue Cross Blue Shield...can I complain about the $200 a WEEK we pay for insurance for the family?
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

Had a huge fight with my boyfriend and now feel really angry, lost and lonely,
          "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
            Ah yes, Blue Cross Blue Shield...can I complain about the $200 a WEEK we pay for insurance for the family?
            Health insurance sucks. If I still lived where I lived 2 years ago I'd be paying over $700./month just for me. Here it's $300./mo, same plan but a higher deductible. If I have no catastrophic events for a couple of years it will pay for itself.

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

Originally posted by FantasyWitch View Post
            Had a huge fight with my boyfriend and now feel really angry, lost and lonely,
            I hope it was a "clear the air" fight and brings you closer. Hugs.
            sigpic
            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Not sure. Thanks anyway. X
              "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

9.45am was not meant to be seen by me in August >.> Stupid insomnia, I only went to sleep 3 hours ago
                "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
                - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

my toothache (or teethache) has gotten worse. I'm sure I have an infection because it's causing pressure to my ear. And alot of pain. I have an eye exam I can't cancel today (it's a special peripheral vision test for Glaucoma) from the county. Takes too long to get an appt. I'm going to try to see the dentist in a few hours and get some antibiotics to make the infection go away before I get work done. Of course costing me money (hoping to get a payment plan with Western Dental. They were pretty cheap last time). And I've had absolutely ZERO sleep all night. I had slept well the last two nights because I was on sleeping pills. But every time I go to lie back down I feel the pressure. I'm currently just sitting up and staying awake I guess till I can go in about 2 hours.
                  This sucks so hard.
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I want to be allowed out of the house more than once a month.
                    my etsy store
                    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                    surrounded by plush, downy things,
                    ill prepared, but willing,
                    to descend."

Comment

Pain!

(And this goddamned 10 character limit!)

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I gotta start getting my teeth pulled in the back. Yippee. No more steaks or chewy tough foods. I'm so thrilled.

Comment

The 'me' I've known for 37 years is still me, not a collection of symptoms!!!

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                          I gotta start getting my teeth pulled in the back. Yippee. No more steaks or chewy tough foods. I'm so thrilled.
                          It's not so bad - I don't know if you've had a tooth extracted before, but after a few weeks, your gums toughen up - as long as you don't baby them I can chew things like beef jerky no problem. Which is good because I'm going to be losing a two more before the year's over.
                          The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Uh, you two know that I'm down to just 7 teeth? I still eat steak. I still eat caramel candies. I still eat cucumbers, even. Not one single molar left!

And THAT is rant worthy, even though I'm still gaining weight.

Wait, that's another rant. Fattening up!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I'm looking forward to being able to remove my teeth to do special jobs.

*snickers in the corner

Comment

Makes it really, really easy to clean them, if you can take 'em out, too.

Generally, though, I leave mine out. And here's the rant: Dentures have to fit "just right" in order to work. Talking, eating, singing, "exercising", and other activities, can dislodge the damn things, can induce vomiting, can just be irritating as HELL.

So yeah, because of all the F-ing problems with my dentures? I just GUM my food, whistle my "s" sounds, and give people the impression of a toothless, back-country hick that probably lost his teeth due to his crack addiction.

But at least my teeth are nice and clean.

Comment

Working...
                                X