THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Have to be the same species to be a cannibal. I'm merely guilty of munching on sapients.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Face+table;
      repeat;
      repeat;
      http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
      ~Jim Butcher

Comment

I've decided to start a 365 project for my photography. It's day 2 and I already don't wanna do it anymore.

Sigh.

Mostly art.

Comment

They said, "O no! Something bad happened! Do something quick! Change the law! Before emotions are no longer stirred!"

I say, "My species really irks me sometimes."
          I was Hadad2008 when I joined Feb 2008.
          I became Abdishtar this spring.
          Then, after the Great Crash, I was reborn as Spartacandream!

Comment

Originally posted by RiverSong View Post
            How do you snicker in Spanish? I really want to know! lol. I know that to laugh in Spanish, it's "jajajajaja". XD
            But yeah, count me in as one who never paid attention to the whole "end of the world" thing. We've had too many no shows already, that it's like "crying wolf" to me now. When the real Apocalypse happen, I will be sitting on the toilet, unprepared and saying, "Meh, whatever." Then kaboom, just gone. Or eaten by zombies. >_>
            jajajajaja! That's it!
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I just papercut my thumb the hell open.... bloody hell this hurts... and is quite bloody... fudge me....
              http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
              ~Jim Butcher

Comment

I wish I realized the important things that were happening when I still had time to stop what will now be a pain in the neck to fix. I realized this evening that my son is way too caught up in TV, and so we have to change that (I was putting him to bed earlier and told him that he couldn't watch more cartoons, so he asked if we could "watch" a book. Good grief.)
                Then I finally talk my husband into sleeping in the same bed as me, because we divided up the kids months ago in hopes it would be easier to sleep at night -and he slept on the couch while watching the baby, and the toddler slept with me. So when the baby woke up, I tried to put her back to sleep and she screamed at the top of her lungs. I guess that's a pretty ingrained routine that will need to change...

Comment

Gotta love how I'm supposed to be everyone's mommy, yet when "mommy" needs people to deal with their own problems I'm an ingrateful bitch. Yep, this bleeding mouth ulcer, anxiety attack, lack of sleep, and all that fun stuff from helping with their problems is testament to how much of an "ingrate" I am for attempting to help them. I haven't seen any sleep because I'm having to help my mother with every life problem including picking a doctor for her. Yet I'm told when I assert a boundary that it's "unreasonable" and "that will only happen when I move out" instead of, yanno, accepting she's overstepping her boundaries.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is why I refuse to have kids. I've been mommy long enough for my own.
                  my etsy store
                  My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                  surrounded by plush, downy things,
                  ill prepared, but willing,
                  to descend."

Comment

My mother died a year ago today. I'm 26 and my mother is dead. I want to resurrect her and smack her in the face and ask her why she didn't take better care of herself. She was sick for a long time, but at one point she quit smoking, she started eating better and went to a women's fitness club. She felt better than she had in years, she told me. Then she gave all that up and started smoking again, because "the kids are driving me crazy." Right now I can't think of anything except "You stupid bitch, why did you do that?"
                    Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                    -Erik Erikson

Comment

Thanks universe, I get it, I'm not supposed to have a good NYE ever. This year it looks like I will mostly be ill. Sigh.

Comment

2012 is coming to a close and Irish women STILL don't have rights over their own wombs. Apparently, because doctors and politicians say we're a Catholic country somehow means it's true, and women should remain docile, good little kitchen dwellers, and not fight for what is rightfully theirs, and feminism has become a dirty word. As for being a Catholic country - paedophile priests and vatican cover-ups of systematic beating, cruelty and neglect in Catholic-run industrial schools..... Rome DANCED on Ireland and watched it fall apart. To call this island Catholic offends and sickens me. In this day and age it's a sick joke.
                        But of course... pagans are the worst, we're obviously the evil ones

Comment

I really, really loathe this entire concept that a womb is a commodity, to be controlled and utilized under strict limitations and guidance by any god or government!

I actually came in to rant about the Nugent v. Morgan gun fight. People supporting both of these guys are saying, "check the facts!" So, what did I do? I spent an entire night going through studies, books, statistics, reports and analyses only to find that both men were/are full of $#!t.

Odd. I already KNEW that! WTF did I spend all that time PROVING IT to myself for?!?!!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Wow, possibly sick and people still want to fight me. I can't take aspirin or any painkillers for my headache from hell (day 3) and I'm yelled at for using the only method that works which is safe for me. Fuck you, assholes. I hope your miserly ways get a comeuppance in a major way once I'm on my feet again.
                            my etsy store
                            My blog

to descend."

Comment

Originally posted by Caelia View Post
                              Wow, possibly sick and people still want to fight me. I can't take aspirin or any painkillers for my headache from hell (day 3) and I'm yelled at for using the only method that works which is safe for me. Fuck you, assholes. I hope your miserly ways get a comeuppance in a major way once I'm on my feet again.
                              I got to see that comeuppance sooner than I thought. In the vast scheme of things it is quite minor and merely requires a call to the bank to fix it, but man.

Anyway, I now see how sedentary I've become. After:
                              -baking cookies;
                              -making stock;
                              -inventory;
                              -bookkeeping;
                              -blogging;
                              -minor cleaning;
                              -minor pet care (cleaning, walk, etc.); and
                              -preparing stuff for my store

I'm feeling run down. I'm hoping that it's because I'm coming down with something and haven't slept well I feel tired already. Still need to get back into my routine, but I don't wanna believe I've let myself go this bad.
                              my etsy store
                              My blog

to descend."

Comment

Nothing wakes you up at 5am quite like one of the dogs having what I imagine was a nightmare and jumping out of their skin, out of the bed and scrambling towards the door :/

The other dog (who is really sensitive to noises) didn't jump or bark or anything so can't be an intruder. Right? I'm a little bit too scared to look.

Comment

Working...
                                X