Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
    Made a giant mistake. Got a trim and a layer that ended up taking off over 4-5 inches of hair, now it's short, and I'm laying on my bed crying and regretting everything. I feel hideous.
    It grows back fast. I am more frightened of the salon then the dentist at this point. Our bartender is also a licensed cosmetician. She understands my fear. I'm going to let her layer it and die it blue black. I might need my binky.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

After all that trouble I went through with the damn pumpkin and it STILL went to pot. I had to throw it out because the pumpkin was too tough to cut even though for some reason the custard didn't cook. I don't get it because the skewer came out clean when I steamed everything. I'm pretty pissed. This week has just plain sucked; between things literally falling apart and figuratively I'm just spent.
      my etsy store
      My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
      surrounded by plush, downy things,
      ill prepared, but willing,
      to descend."

Comment

I hate people who prefer to sniff rather than just blow their damned nose. All I've been hearing for four hours is "SNIIIFFFF!!! *throat clearing* SNIIFFFFF!!! *throat clearing*" If she doesn't go home soon there's going to be another shooting on the Strip tonight.
        The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
          I hate people who prefer to sniff rather than just blow their damned nose. All I've been hearing for four hours is "SNIIIFFFF!!! *throat clearing* SNIIFFFFF!!! *throat clearing*" If she doesn't go home soon there's going to be another shooting on the Strip tonight.
          Next time she sniffs, hand her a tissue and try to smile... It might help convey the message...
          It ususally works for me...
          http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
          ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
            In Germany it's considered rude to sniff. Now it drives me crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
              ...That sho9uld not be limited to Germany... it IS rude to sniff... but no one says anything around here most of the time...
              which I guess is why it keeps happening...

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
              ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Japan is the opposite. It's considered gross to blow your nose in public, so during cold and flu season(s.. there are several), train rides are pretty horrible. People generally don't speak, or speak in hushed tones on the trains too, so it's like, all you can hear is.. sniff.. sniff.. sniff...
                夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Today I learned: don't sniff in Germany, but sniff in Japan. Got it.

Rant: I still hate my hair.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                    Japan is the opposite. It's considered gross to blow your nose in public, so during cold and flu season(s.. there are several), train rides are pretty horrible. People generally don't speak, or speak in hushed tones on the trains too, so it's like, all you can hear is.. sniff.. sniff.. sniff...
                    I reccommend Perze' does not travel by train in Japan...

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                    Rant: I still hate my hair.
                    If you didnt hate it so much I would ask you to post it... I would bet it is adorable!

~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
                      If you didnt hate it so much I would ask you to post it... I would bet it is adorable!
                      I'm willing to bet that I'd fall in love with her all over again.

On the other hand, I'm a sucker for LONG hair, as well. So, it kind of goes without saying.

Rant: I don't WANT to be awake!!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

So my co worker comes in about 20 mins late yesterday to relieve me, eh she is nice enogh most days, I don't mind a few extra minutes, it's pennies in my pocket. She offers to come in early today, which is extra sweet. She called out sick so now I get to stay unless someone else can be found... I don't have the energy for a 16 today, I still havent had a chance to eat yet!

~Jim Butcher

Comment

Next time she sniffs, hand her a tissue and try to smile... It might help convey the message...
                          It usually works for me...
                          I've tried. All night long I'm asking, "Do you need a tissue? Are you out of tissues? You sound like you need a tissue! Please, take these tissues!" To anyone listening, I probably sound insane.

I think I might actually be a 'misophoniac', and sniffling is a big-time trigger for me (along with throat-clearing and wheezing/heavy breathing). When I was little and had no self control, we'd be trying to take a quiz (it was usually a standardized achievement test of some sort) and it would be soooo quiet, all you'd hear was pencil scratching. And then, out of nowhere, "sniff". I got sent to the principal's office so many times for randomly punching other kids. I'd get up and go across the room to hit them if they were out of arm's reach. I couldn't even explain why they pissed me off so much. Now I grit my teeth, clench my fists and turn my headphones up another notch or two, but last night, due to circumstances beyond my control, I couldn't utilize my headphones. So it was sniffling and throat-clearing. I even tried, "if you blow your nose you won't have to clear your throat so much" & all I got was, "no, I'm okay".

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                          Yes, I would go insane. This particular co-worker is from Vietnam - I wonder if it's the same custom there? I'll have to ask her if I can figure out a non-accusatory/threatening way of doing so.
                          The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

When your sinuses are flowing faster than Niagara, you are NOT okay. Put a cork in it!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Give me a few days for it not to think it has to stick up all weird (lack of weight). Then I'll think about it.

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                              I'm willing to bet that I'd fall in love with her all over again.

On the other hand, I'm a sucker for LONG hair, as well. So, it kind of goes without saying.
                              You're adorable. Thank you.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                                When your sinuses are flowing faster than Niagara, you are NOT okay. Put a cork in it!
                                ...Or try 'Kan Jang' pills
                                ~ flowers are our only garments
                                only songs make our pain subside ~

Comment

Working...
                                X