X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
    Might want to add India to that note V.
    I've been on the trains in India. I can confirm that death is an unlikely thing. Likewise with traffic. You just gotta know how to walk it, how to ride it.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
      Note to self: stay away from trains in Egypt. Got it.
      It's OK, I'm trying to get rid of the president and his gang and make the country safer for when you come visit. Just let me know when you're coming so I can schedule an overthrowing.
      [4:82]

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
        It's OK, I'm trying to get rid of the president and his gang and make the country safer for when you come visit. Just let me know when you're coming so I can schedule an overthrowing.
        Haha, deal!

Mostly art.

Comment

Maybe I need to make my passive aggressiveness a little less passive.
          Circe

Comment

Okay, so you're telling me that you're happy with this guy? This guy who nobody knows much of anything about, who doesn't interact with anyone, doesn't ask about Boo, doesn't even really show an interest in really anything but himself. A guy from the raver scene who is obsessed with comics, to the point that is all he posts on his social network links and with a straight face declares himself a comic book guru as his occupation (regardless of what he actually does) that he's been doing since birth, who couldn't be arsed to pay attention to you or your boy? A guy whom all your friends, our mutual friends, and HIS OWN FRIENDS describe as a player and rather vain?

You want to build a future with him? Go ahead love, you have fun with building your house upon a foundation of sand. I'll always be there for Boo but I quite think you're cracked woman, and you're on the road for a disaster.

Comment

I'm awake prior to 7 AM.
              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I worked really hard on my degree with the aim of being a teacher and it was all for nothing. My degree isn't high enough for me to even be considered so I effectively wasted 6 years of my life!! Now I have to decide whether to start again and commit another 6 years to another degree.... plus find the money to pay for it. I'm not sure I have the energy for this, all I really want to do is cry.
                http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Despite the fact that my Google Account is set to "US English", I still get asked if I want to translate documents into German when I'm in Google Docs (annoying) and I have to save a specific URL to force Google to work in English for me (otherwise it only uses the German Google and will display German results when it's a shared word), and they've removed the ability for me to just go to "Google.com" and use google in English (there used to be a button for it when it defaulted to German). Google, you do realize that Germany is a country FULL of international business, right? And that there are a lot of people who live here and especially visit here who are not German speakers? Yes, it's very important that you offer all services in German, as it's a big internet market. But you should not FORCE those services on people. If I wanted to use Google in German, I'd go to Google.de (and I frequently do). I go to Google.com when I'm looking for international/English results, and I should be able to use it in English. It's super annoying when I'm googling the finer points of English grammar for work and I'm taken to pages on learning basic English. You want quality search results? FIX THIS RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by shadow1982 View Post
                    I worked really hard on my degree with the aim of being a teacher and it was all for nothing. My degree isn't high enough for me to even be considered so I effectively wasted 6 years of my life!! Now I have to decide whether to start again and commit another 6 years to another degree.... plus find the money to pay for it. I'm not sure I have the energy for this, all I really want to do is cry.
                    There's no way to complete a supplementary certification? Or move somewhere that will accept your education as qualifying of a teaching profession, so you can go there and gain the experience first? That sucks really, I feel your pain though.

Comment

My cousin did this as well, when he found out that he had wasted 6 years, he joined the army... I don't really know if he is happier with that decision.

I work in a hospital, and so does everyone who works with me, (duh) To be allowed to work, we must all fill out and sign certain paperwork and have classes on HIPPA. So we all know that we are not allowed to share confidential information, right? and we all know what qualifies as confidential patient information, (basically everything you cannot look at a person and see.) So why are we making post-it notes about issues with patients and their families and posting them where anyone who comes up beside us can see them? We have private binders for a reason, please feel free to leave a note asking me to check the binder, but do NOT use patient names and room numbers! it is NOT OK!!! STOP IT!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!
                      http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                      ~Jim Butcher

Comment

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Piece of shit car. Yet ANOTHER thing has gone wrong with my car. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it.

Comment

Cold and snowing here. I'm happier with this weather than damp, grey, and rainy though. Still, with temperatures of -14 this weekend, I think the boyfriend and I will be hibernating *Shiver*

Comment

The semester just started and I'm fighting the flu Not a good time, germs, not a good time.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, man, that really sucks DX I hope things work out and you get the degree you need.

Comment

I know, I shouldn't be bitching, it doesn't really get all thaaat cold here. But I don't care! It's too freaking cold and I don't like it! Are there any apartments available in Hawaii? Because bugger this! A person gets used to warmth, taking it away is mean!

(yes I know it's 12 degrees, and for many of you it just isn't that cold, but it was 60 the other day and this isn't fair!)

also I am quite aware that I sound like a small whiny child....
                                http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                                ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Working...
                                X