Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
    I wish my step oldest brother would get hit by a car (and die on impact so there's no medical bills)
    See, this is one of the reasons I like our National Health Service. They might be taking FOREVER to treat my thyroid problem, but at least I get to wish death on folk without fear of the financial implications!! ^^

My rant is not quite a rant as it amused me a little. I get tongue tied when I pronounce some Japanese constructions, where there are lots of ku's te's and ta's close together. Usually, I'll slow my speech right down to say such words. After smugly saying 'atatakakunattekita'(1) perfectly at natural speed, beaming with pride, filled with confidence and a delusional belief that I'm almost fluent now, I soon totally ballsed up an attempt at 'seikatsu ga kisokutadashikunatta' (2). If I weren't bloody stubborn, I swear I'd cut my losses and go back to learning German instead. Or maybe take my mum's advice and polish up my English!!

(1) it's got warmer.
    (2) my life's become more stable. (Although gods only know what I really said).
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

We have monsoon clouds. We have humidity. People have been shooting off firecrackers all damned week.

Rain, already!!!
      The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I tried to drive my car a bit to see what's going on. I got around the corner and then took it right back. I can't go in reverse. The car dies. And while trying to stop at the stop sign my car died and the breaks just hit the floor. Scary. I have NO idea how I'm going to drive it in the morning to the mechanics. I'm guessing like a granny on pot. Sloooooooooooooow.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

zomgfg...I feel like I'm going to hurl and I'm awake at 5 am with a tummy ache...
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kijani View Post
            Also, if you hate the idea of Obamacare sooo much that you're going to move to Canada of all places...good luck with that. That is literally laughable.
            Both myself and my Canadian friends had a HUGE laugh on facebook over that one. It went around Canada like a wildfire and it seemed that pretty much the entire country was laughing in unison. The general tone was "you don't like government involvement in health care so you're moving to CANADA? A country with universal, government-provided health care and NO private alternative?" There was also a lot of "good luck getting a visa", because even people who tried to go to Canada during the Bush administration because they were LIBERAL didn't find that the country thought that was a good enough reason to stay in Canada (my neighbours got deported...so I've seen this one first-hand). I don't mean this to be rude, but some Americans think that the strict immigration policies they set in place don't work both ways. They do, and when the US made stricter regulations regarding movement between the US and Canada, Canada did the same. You can't just "go to Canada" and stay there for whatever reason you want...you need a visa, work permit, and need to be filling a gap in Canadian labour (or be going over there for a specific job), just like everyone else, and much like the US expects for people going over there!

Comment

I need this book for my political science class. The bookstore doesn't have it. They always somehow run out of stock for every book that's reserved for a certain class, I really don't get it. And since it's the summer, the classes are shorter, and they won't order books for summer classes at this point because it's three weeks in.
              So I went to the library. They apparently have two copies in of it, which is great! But I couldn't find either copy. Okay, so maybe I just wasn't looking in the right place.
              Nope. Librarian comes to look with me. Still can't find either copy of this stupid book.
              They said they can run a detailed search of it but they don't know how long that'll take.
              I have a quiz on it today at 1 and have to do a presentation on it...

selume proferre

Comment

So I got a text from some long butt number and I SHOULD have known it was a scam. But it said : I need to talk to you right now, John. And John is my boss's name. So I called. Thinking maybe he has some weird phone and it has a long number. I called and got some audio of people having sex! And then I got home and checked my phone usage. They didn't charge me anything, but the call I made was to AUSTRIA!
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

^ Did the audio you hear sound like that: Ja bitte, I vant to have zee sexen in mine buttschen.
                  [4:82]

Comment

I watched the God Warrior trading spouses episode. Again. I watched it whenever it aired too, but I watched it on youtube this time.
                    The comments are all anti Christian bullshit. It pains me to know that people go "LOOK, PSYCHO CHRISTIAN, CHRISTIANITY IS BAD".people were talking about how Christianity destroys households. I HATE that. The new age family seemed great, yeah, but I guess I'm biased. They weren't perfect and they admitted they weren't perfect. Not only that but the rest of the God Warrior's family seemed okay. Yes, the god warrior and her friends were extreme and so judgemental it hurt but honestly how does pointing at them and yelling about those wacky Christians up to their old antics make you any better? Generalizations are just bad and harmful. Period.
                    On another note I don't know how that woman survives in New Orleans. There are tarot readers and voodoo shops everywhere. But that just goes to show that people like that are a minority!

selume proferre

Comment

I have to go pay for our internet, but I'm feeling lazy and don't wanna go alone.

/first world problems.
                      [4:82]

Comment

^exchange "pay for our internet" with "get a couple cartons of smokes", and it's my rant, too.

I know, it's a weak attempt at a rant. Okay, add this: FILTH, FLARN, FLUM and FILTH!!

*fixed

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Not so much of a rant but... I got a prescription for glasses today. I don't have to wear them all the time but I've always been proud of the fact that I have good eye-sight and even though it's not a huge deal since I don't need strong lenses, I'm a little upset that my eyes aren't as good as they used to be. And I'm aware that it's part of getting older. But I'm not going lazik yet. It's totally unnecessary at this point and I don't even know if they would do it, lol. On the good side, though... the frames I picked out are SUPER cute! I'll post a pic when I get them in a week or so.
                          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                          Sneak Attack
                          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I just tried to cut my own hair.
                            I'll leave it at that.

selume proferre

Comment

PAIN!

/10char

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by orchestrion View Post
                                I just tried to cut my own hair.
                                I'll leave it at that.
                                lol....

...I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing at the coincidence.

I just tried to cut the hubby's hair.

I've done it before--but this time, the adjusty thing wasn't locked into place properly...and lets just say that he's sitting at a 4 all over instead of a 4 fading to a 12
                                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X