Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by Minion View Post
    My sister-in-law just said that it would be perfectly fine if she came over and killed my children because I said I am not against abortion. She said that if I am fine with an innocent unborn baby being killed, then I should be ok also with my two children being killed also. She said my kids who are already here are no different than an unborn child.

She better be so thankful that she didn't say that to me in person. I am not a violent person at all, but she would have probably received my fist in her face.
    omg, I just had the funniest comment on my blog post that was (sort of, among other things) about abortion:

Can you adequately justify destroying the body of an autonomous human being, based only on its inconvenient location? Why does YOUR body deserve the honor, respect and rights you delineate here, yet an unborn child does not?
    Was that your SIL, lol?

(if not in fact, in attitude?)

...which makes me wonder WTF is wrong with people not looking words up before they use them?

A fetus is not autonomous (heck, a CHILD isn't even mostly autonomous until at least 6-7, and some "normal" adults are never fully autonomous). Were it to be outside the womb, depending on its level of development, it would be unable to eat, and even unable to breathe without medical interventions. It doesn't even have a coin flip's chance of survival until 23/24 weeks.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

I still kind of wonder why humans don't eat their own young during extreme moments of stress. Like when their kid has painted the room with diaper contents, or used the white cat to clean the undercarriage of the car?
      The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
        omg, I just had the funniest comment on my blog post that was (sort of, among other things) about abortion:

Was that your SIL, lol?

(if not in fact, in attitude?)

...which makes me wonder WTF is wrong with people not looking words up before they use them?

A fetus is not autonomous (heck, a CHILD isn't even mostly autonomous until at least 6-7, and some "normal" adults are never fully autonomous). Were it to be outside the womb, depending on its level of development, it would be unable to eat, and even unable to breathe without medical interventions. It doesn't even have a coin flip's chance of survival until 23/24 weeks.
        Lol, there's too many "big words" for it to be my SIL. They would probably get along great, though.

Comment

People are entitled to their own opinions, beliefs and preferences. You don't have to agree with them, you don't even have to give them a second thought if their owner doesn't press the issue any further than elaborating on a topic which you brought up. If you don't want to know the shit in the first place, then don't fucking ask, you ass hat.

Comment

You would think. She says a life is a life no matter what and that is all that matters. Then she said I need Jesus.
            Hehe, someone said that to me the other day, with regards to a group of muslims. My response was that they had more Jesus than I did. She just did not seem to understand... I think she thinks I am a Christian, which is sad because I keep telling her I am not, (which is all I say... don't need a lynching here...)
            http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
            ~Jim Butcher

Comment

I just realized that I've barely slept or ate for the past few days... No wonder I feel like crap. Pretty much the only thing I've ate this week was a can of pringles and a sixty cent bag of gummy bears.

I am driving myself bonkers trying to finish my book! I just want it done and out of my head so I can stop thinking about it. My brain is just so freaking tired all the time. I've gotten to the point where if I'm not writing, I'm thinking about writing.

Even as I'm typing this I periodically space out and think about my book...
              Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

OOH!!! My commented came back with a boatload of logical fallacies...

...so I invoked Godwin's law and conceded the troll debate to her!

I'm not sure if that is a rant or a lol.
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                  OOH!!! My commented came back with a boatload of logical fallacies...

...so I invoked Godwin's law and conceded the troll debate to her!

I'm not sure if that is a rant or a lol.
                  I saw that... Who trolls these things? do people type abortion into blog searches and run stuff from a copy paste center? I don't get it...
                  But I do applaud the rant comment that came after... lots of applause...
                  Last edited by Maria de Luna; 31 Jan 2013, 04:37.

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                  ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
                    I just realized that I've barely slept or ate for the past few days... No wonder I feel like crap. Pretty much the only thing I've ate this week was a can of pringles and a sixty cent bag of gummy bears.

I am driving myself bonkers trying to finish my book! I just want it done and out of my head so I can stop thinking about it. My brain is just so freaking tired all the time. I've gotten to the point where if I'm not writing, I'm thinking about writing.

Even as I'm typing this I periodically space out and think about my book...
                    Dude....yesterday I was writing and totally skipped lunch. I can relate!

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
                      Hehe, someone said that to me the other day, with regards to a group of muslims. My response was that they had more Jesus than I did. She just did not seem to understand... I think she thinks I am a Christian, which is sad because I keep telling her I am not, (which is all I say... don't need a lynching here...)
                      For some reason everyone around here thinks there are only like 3 religions. You're either Christian, an atheist, or a devil worshipper. It's like, "Oh you're Wiccan? You worship Satan then....But of course you wouldn't know it. The Devil's much too tricky for that."

Comment

For some reason everyone around here thinks there are only like 3 religions. You're either Christian, an atheist, or a devil worshipper. It's like, "Oh you're Wiccan? You worship Satan then....But of course you wouldn't know it. The Devil's much too tricky for that."
                        Yep... it makes very little sense to me.

~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
                          I saw that... Who trolls these things? do people type abortion into blog searches and run stuff from a copy paste center? I don't get it...
                          But I do applaud the rant comment that came after... lots of applause...
                          lol, thanks!

I hadn't even had my morning tea when I came across it. No one messes with me before my cuppa!!

...I need to find the flipping "I saw this and thought of you" thread. I can't remember where I stashed it when I created it...
                          sigpic

Comment

I am hungry, just hungry, for a whole bunch of crap I am not supposed to be eating. Oh and here is the friggin pizza lady, just sitting here with pizza I am not allowed to eat... Wanna know how I am actually doing? Do ya really? Bloody hungry! This is what I get for attempting to diet...
                            I'm hungry...

~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                              I can't stand the "But I loooooove him" stuff! If there has to be a "but" in front of the love, something's wrong. Oftentimes we simply want to believe the best about someone, and abusive types can be pretty tricky and start their stuff real slow. But at some point you KNOW the reality is not what you were told it would be, and it's Bye-Bye time.
                              Why, oh why, is this not common knowledge? Oh. That's right. Common knowledge is decidedly uncommon.

"He's abusing you? Get out of there! Kick the <insert string of epithets here> ingrate to the curb!"

"But I love him!"

"Oh. Nevermind then. My mistake, for thinking you didn't want to be abused."

Am I cold? No. Just realistic. The argument, however, was that the victim doesn't have a choice. Sometimes, perhaps many times, it *feels* like that but rationalizing the situation, throwing clarifiers, qualifiers and excuses into the mix, to defend the bastard, is nothing short of enabling the abuse to continue. That's a choice. At which point, I start losing any bit of the sympathy that I may have once had.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

The 8th? 8th? I could have sworn it said 1st on the trailer..

Oh wait.. yes it does. Guess it's released earlier in the States.

Damn you Britannia!!!!!
                                夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Working...
                                X