THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Your doctor may have told you that you will be directly admitted to the hospital, and that he is sending your paperwork over, but when he said not to go to the emergency room, he lied. Sorry but our admitting department is in fact in the emergency area, you can tell me I am wrong all you want, but that is where you have to go... It is not my fault, or the hospital's fault, it is your doctor's fault for being un-familiar with our hospital, or your fault for thinking we are the only hospital in wilmington, because most direct admits go through the other hospital. So quit bitching at me about the "service" your doctor should have ordered you an ambulance, find another doctor and quit yelling at me for telling you what you asked for!
    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

I'm getting real tired of people spouting "but it's my opinion!" as a defense for everything. As if opinions are totally untouchable? Especially when said "opinion" included facts which are very incorrect? Especially when those same people have noooo issue telling others when their opinion is wrong?

If you don't want your opinion to ever be questioned stop posting them on public forums on the internet. What the hell else do you think is going to happen?
      Hearth and Hedge

Comment

Originally posted by Gardenia View Post
        I'm getting real tired of people spouting "but it's my opinion!" as a defense for everything. As if opinions are totally untouchable? Especially when said "opinion" included facts which are very incorrect? Especially when those same people have noooo issue telling others when their opinion is wrong?

If you don't want your opinion to ever be questioned stop posting them on public forums on the internet. What the hell else do you think is going to happen?
        Oh! Can I add just one little snippet to that?

"Yeah? Well, I am entitled to my opinion!" Or some variance.

"So am I, dammit! And MY opinion is that you can't have one, voice one or even be *entitled* to anything, for that matter."

See? I KNOW my opinion stinks (for lack of a better word) to/for others. That probably explains why it's mine and not theirs.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
          Oh! Can I add just one little snippet to that?

"Yeah? Well, I am entitled to my opinion!" Or some variance.

"So am I, dammit! And MY opinion is that you can't have one, voice one or even be *entitled* to anything, for that matter."

See? I KNOW my opinion stinks (for lack of a better word) to/for others. That probably explains why it's mine and not theirs.
          As my high school football coach was fond of saying: "Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they stink."
          "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Indeed. Being "opinionated" is just another way of feeling entitled anymore, entitled to say whatever you want and then get pissy when somebody else disagrees. I blame the "every kid is a winner and takes home a trophy" thing.
            Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
            -Erik Erikson

Comment

Originally posted by Clive View Post
              Indeed. Being "opinionated" is just another way of feeling entitled anymore, entitled to say whatever you want and then get pissy when somebody else disagrees. I blame the "every kid is a winner and takes home a trophy" thing.
              I dunno man. My grandma grew up in a different era and she does this to me non-stop.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                I dunno man. My grandma grew up in a different era and she does this to me non-stop.
                I agree with V, here. I think it is just human nature.
                "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Ok, so it's not so much a rant as it is #firstworldproblems, but...

Man, I really hate having to go to work right now. It's so freaking cold & windy outside, and my bed is sooooo warm and comfy, and my new sheets are soooo soft.
                  The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by ThorsSon View Post
                    I agree with V, here. I think it is just human nature.
                    Then my original hypothesis of "humans suck ass" is closer to the truth.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
                    Ok, so it's not so much a rant as it is #firstworldproblems, but...

Man, I really hate having to go to work right now. It's so freaking cold & windy outside, and my bed is sooooo warm and comfy, and my new sheets are soooo soft.
                    That reminds me, I'm getting sick of people who disqualify everything with the non-sentence of "first world problems," like those three magic words erase everything that happens to anyone living in a first-world country. Everybody has a bad day and needs to vent regardless of where they live, so bite it.
                    Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                    -Erik Erikson

Comment

I haven't slept enough (or properly) since I came down for my visit two weeks ago. Currently, it's 7:30am on a Saturday and I'm listening to my brother's radio alarm go off for the last hour, and it's so loud I woke to it through my earplugs.

I want a proper night's sleep so badly I want to cry.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                        I haven't slept enough (or properly) since I came down for my visit two weeks ago. Currently, it's 7:30am on a Saturday and I'm listening to my brother's radio alarm go off for the last hour, and it's so loud I woke to it through my earplugs.

I want a proper night's sleep so badly I want to cry.
                        no crying, no crying, just go back to sleep, and get better earplugs later.
                        http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                        ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
                          no crying, no crying, just go back to sleep, and get better earplugs later.
                          Once my eyes are open and I realize it's past dawn, there is no going back to sleep for me. Maybe I'll sleep better tonight?

Maybe?

Mostly art.

Comment

I really wish my English professor would stop assigning such ambiguous topics. I like him as a person but I wish he was less philosophical in his approach. Having to stretch Plato's definition of justice into three pages is making me want to rip out my own fingernails.
                            -Erik Erikson

Comment

Three pages?!? I think that goes well beyond stretching... and right past dissolving, as well.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by Clive View Post
                                That reminds me, I'm getting sick of people who disqualify everything with the non-sentence of "first world problems," like those three magic words erase everything that happens to anyone living in a first-world country. Everybody has a bad day and needs to vent regardless of where they live, so bite it.
                                Yeah, but mine wasn't about any serious reason why I didn't want to go to work, it was totally about my new sheets.

If it'd been, "I don't want to go to work because my job is lifeless and soul-sucking and every day I go back I lose another piece of my already-threadbare will to live", I wouldn't have even thought about #firstworldproblems :P
                                The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Working...
                                X