Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
    Driver's test: Perfect score on the written exam, did well enough by a good margin on the driving portion, hit the curb eleven times during the parking test.

Ten point deduction every time. I just can't figure out the logistics of lining up a car at the curb, let alone fitting it between two cars.
    Oh, that brought back memories!!!! In 1974, I failed my road test the first time because of parallel parking! My bf set up garbage cans with broomsticks in them to be the "parked cars" for me to practice with. Passed the second time, and did not park that way for years afterwards! I seem to have developed the knack somewhere along the line, though.
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I'm really depressed today, I want to curl up in a corner and cry. I really wish I could go home. I wish I felt like I had a home to go to and I wasn't crashing in someone elses... This sucks, I don't like starting to resent someone I love.
      http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
      ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Sometimes I feel like life is seeing how far it can push me before I break. The problem is, I already have a history of nervous breakdowns (including one severe one) and another would leave me hospitalized for a very long time. I can't believe how things seem to unfold.

Comment

Why, why, why must I write a research paper on stoicism for my English class? I hate philosophy, and, feeling hatred, cannot possibly comprehend the state of being a stoic, nor do I want to. I care so little about this that whenever I try to read about it my brain turns to stone and refuses to allow in any information. This is balls.
          Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
          -Erik Erikson

Comment

Okay world. It's mid-march. You can stop snowing ANY TIME NOW.

<--- blizzard outside my door

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
              Okay world. It's mid-march. You can stop snowing ANY TIME NOW.

<--- blizzard outside my door
              Now, I kinda feel guilty about ranting to my friends earlier about having to run my air conditioner in mid-March.
              "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

There has been a sign on the elevator button for three days saying that it does not work. I am the person who put the sign there. Clearly someone knows about it. But you are a doctor, and are so very much smarter than I, the lowly receptionist, and clearly by telling me that it is broken and needs to be reported, you are fixing the problem that I am an imbicile and completely incapable of doing my job. While you are at it, why don't you tell me about the lights outside which have not worked for months, or the old picture of the pope, because it is clearly my ineptitude which is the cause of these continued problems. Hell, maybe you should do my job for me, since you are clearly so capable and amazing.

Go F*** yourself.

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                ~Jim Butcher

Comment

I'm have to stay up all night, and it's not even my normal bedtime and I'm already exhausted.
                  Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

What's gotten into you? That much has our friendship decayed that you couldn't even respond that text? You used to always answer them. You used to care for me almost as much as I care for you. It was your birthday, and I just wanted to make you smile just before it was over. I would kill to know what you thought the moment you read it. I put so much of my feelings and emotions on it, all of them very subtly and hidden. Hidden enough for you to never figure them out. Then you come at school and you don't even look at me. I said "hi", you gave me an empty look, turned away, and resumed your conversation. I was making you laugh just two days ago! What did I do? Was it the text? Was it something I said? Do you have any idea on how the fact that you ignored my text, and that cold, empty look, froze my heart? You always manage to stick to my mind for days, but today you just pierced my soul with an icy dagger. This is not like you. I do not need my tarot cards to know something is wrong with you. I don't want to blame you, I love you. But you can't know that. Otherwise the little is left from our friendship might be lost forever.

I feel angry. Angry for not being able to realize what's happening. Angry for always being the last one to figure out what's wrong. Angry for being so easily distracted, I can't focus on the things I really care for, like you. I'm so full of regrets. I am a coward.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Le growl.

I absolutely LOATHE it when I find so called "teachers" offering courses or information to the general public/newbs. I recently came across an individual who has offered to teach "angel magick" on a thread of a different forum, and he doesn't even know how to teach! He basically asks a question, tells you that you're wrong, and then gives you two-three sentences as to the "real" answer. *Headdesk*

It's so frustrating, because this guy claims to have worked with angels for many years. Yet, he claims his guardian angel is Michael (Already we're speaking newb if they still use the term "guardian"...). I know more than this guy, and I've only been studying for two years! Sure, I go to a catholic school, but we hardly ever talk about the angels.

RAWR! Stop calling yourself a damn teacher when you don't even know your stuff!

Comment

The hospitel is going to have an active shooter drill today, which wouldn't be so bad, but I feel really cruddy today, my intestines are apparently angry with me, and will not let me be. The drill is also scheduled to take place at the time I am scheduled to leave... Can I just go on record saying that I hate this plan and I don't wanna?

~Jim Butcher

Comment

Gov. Rick (Let's Fuck You Up the Ass) Snyder is now planning to take over every school district in Michigan. Further, he insists that any contract which does not result in a 10% pay loss to ME will be voided by the state.

Last contract, MY insurance coverage was changed, resulting in a net loss of 10% of my pay.

In every contract for the past three contracts I have taken concessions - MY "pay increases" haven't come close to keeping up with inflation.

Every year I make less and less money, and they still haven't finished with ME.

Why the FUCK did I ever become a teacher? I don't think that I deserve to be treated like a shit just because I'd like to help other people's children succeed in life...

Well, fuck 'em all. Other people's kids are going to have to make their own way through life without ME.
                          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                            Gov. Rick (Let's Fuck You Up the Ass) Snyder is now planning to take over every school district in Michigan. Further, he insists that any contract which does not result in a 10% pay loss to ME will be voided by the state.

Last contract, MY insurance coverage was changed, resulting in a net loss of 10% of my pay.

In every contract for the past three contracts I have taken concessions - MY "pay increases" haven't come close to keeping up with inflation.

Every year I make less and less money, and they still haven't finished with ME.

Why the FUCK did I ever become a teacher? I don't think that I deserve to be treated like a shit just because I'd like to help other people's children succeed in life...

Well, fuck 'em all. Other people's kids are going to have to make their own way through life without ME.
                            OH SHIT!!!!!!! That sucks big time!
                            Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

Insomnia. 3AM and I'm still awake.
                              [4:82]

Comment

I know that feeling :/ Hope you get some sleep soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X