Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by Malflick View Post
    Guy shot up the Grocery store in my hometown and murdered two women. He was holding a gun to the manager's head taunting him when the police arrived and took him down. Just....
    If this is where I think it is, I know people in your neck of the woods...
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

I had a mini rant. I was coming here to post it.

I can't, for the life of me, remember what it was.

Medicated and getting sidetracked for a moment... a whisper in a whirlwind, gone.

Darn it!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by Malflick View Post
        Guy shot up the Grocery store in my hometown and murdered two women. He was holding a gun to the manager's head taunting him when the police arrived and took him down. Just....
        And the state will use your tax dollars to feed him, assuming he goes to prison at all.

I'm so sorry. I never know what to say in these kinds of situations but...fuck. -hug-
        No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
          And the state will use your tax dollars to feed him, assuming he goes to prison at all.

I'm so sorry. I never know what to say in these kinds of situations but...fuck. -hug-
          In this case, if its the story I think it is and I'm remembering it correctly (I read a similar story this morning on google news) the cops killed him.

Which means that instead, their tax dollars will go to the settlement with his family for his being shot by cops.

...dang, I've become a cynic
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

So I applied for the Food benefits program for California. Known as SNAP, formerly food stamp program. I'm pretty sure I NOW qualify considering my hours are like half of what they used to be. Anyways. I applied on-line. And I got a call today that I missed. The social worker gave me her name and a number to call her back at. The number she gave WAS MY PHONE NUMBER!!

And when I tried to return the call to the phone she called from it was not a correct number!!!!

THESE are the people handling my case?

Really?
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
              So I applied for the Food benefits program for California. Known as SNAP, formerly food stamp program. I'm pretty sure I NOW qualify considering my hours are like half of what they used to be. Anyways. I applied on-line. And I got a call today that I missed. The social worker gave me her name and a number to call her back at. The number she gave WAS MY PHONE NUMBER!!

And when I tried to return the call to the phone she called from it was not a correct number!!!!

THESE are the people handling my case?

Really?
              That sounds virtually identical to the experience I had, when I finally got on the program a few months ago.

In the end, they sorted out the phone problem and had me in for an interview... I left with a card, instead of having to wait for it to be mailed out.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Yeah, I'm hoping it goes easier. After this I'm applying for supplemental unemployment? I found out I can still get partial benefits for being underemployed. At the moment both jobs are about half the hours I had all last year. It's just the process. I should be drunk when I do this.

Comment

If there's a way to numb yourself? I vote yes.

I went through extra clonazepam dealing with all that. I would have like to mix that with a truckload of valium...

....since I don't have a line on where to get 'ludes anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                    In this case, if its the story I think it is and I'm remembering it correctly (I read a similar story this morning on google news) the cops killed him.

Which means that instead, their tax dollars will go to the settlement with his family for his being shot by cops.

...dang, I've become a cynic
                    Yeah. That's what happened. Apparently you have some people in my area then... That grocery store isn't too far from my home...

My little kindergarten neighbor across the street was shot in the head and murdered by a petty robber in 2012. I'm just... Tired of this....
                    hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

I realize the rest of USA is going through a horrendous end of the world cold snap.

Us here in Southern California? Oh nothing. Just earthquakes. And oh yeah, some campers started a fire in the Foothills a ways up from me.

Greeeeeeeeeeeat.

Comment

My aunt passed away on 1-13-14. I've been avoiding this issue. The day after my baby was born? Really universe? I feel guilty for avoiding it, but damn it, I need to focus on my new little family.
                        We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                        It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                        Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                        -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Damn, why must people cause so much terror, chaos and misery? It freaks me out. Why can't people live in peace?

I think I know the answer - chaos and good must be balanced. But still...
                          "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Getting ready to drive for 7 hours.

While I'm excited that I get to see the Hubby, I'm a bit underwhelmed about having to drive and him probably working all weekend.
                            sigpic

Comment

I can't sleep. I haz a leaky nose. Don't know if it's because of constant space heater on and the dry air or not. But I feel like sneezy constantly.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                                I can't sleep. I haz a leaky nose. Don't know if it's because of constant space heater on and the dry air or not. But I feel like sneezy constantly.
                                Might just be my opinion but I think that's slightly better than feeling dopey all the time.

Punny, no?

Comment

Working...
                                X