Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
    Yeah, I know. But that whole "sleep properly" image fired up a ton of synapses in my brain.

And to be perfectly honest, they started with"properly" and advice on avoiding standing on your head, staying away from curling up in ovens and other small cubicles, not attempting any duct tape/super glue on the ceiling behaviors, and moving a few larger objects under the bed to close off any open area.

But when the goofy advice train of thought got to that last bit? All bets were off. Big time, "Ooh! A shiny!" Instead of a bunch of silly things to improve sleep... how about a few distractions, since sleep isn't working? Naughty, naughty.

And that is what made me post that original reply, about biting my tongue.

If there's a seriously innocent topic that my brain can't twist around into something perverted, I'll eat my toque!
    It might work, but there's none of that to be found, either.

Seriously, I went to bed at midnight and was wide awake by 5 this morning. I'm getting less and less sleep each day...

Mostly art.

Comment

Fucking buses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
      "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
      - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

And to be perfectly honest, they started with"properly" and advice on avoiding standing on your head, staying away from curling up in ovens and other small cubicles, not attempting any duct tape/super glue on the ceiling behaviors, and moving a few larger objects under the bed to close off any open area.
        I've gotten some of the best sleep curled up in my cubicle.

Of course, they moved the PBX department into my office at work 2 years ago, and those bitches keep waking me up.
        The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Does anyone know how to murder a whole phone company? I think I need to do that... I know illegal and whatnot... but they really do deserve it.... They have taken my payment for the past 2 months out of my checking account and now they are trying to shut my service off for non-payment. They insist that they have not been paid and that "the account I am paying is wrong" but they don't know where they have put my money or how to get it back to me, they seem to think that is ok... I really don't want a new phone company, I almost never had any problems before now... and they really DO have the best reception, and the best friggin data plan... and they will try and charge me cancellation... I am going to explode, am I allowed to explode? I really want to9 hurt some buggers... in a bad way... I am already feeling quite crazy and i think that this is going to be one of those straws which brakes the proverbial camel's back, and I am just going to be forced to destroy some people...
          http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
          ~Jim Butcher

Comment

I am so furious with our pediatric endocrinologist right now that I could just scream. Unfreakingbelievable. I am CARB STARVING my child according to her. Why? Because I won't give my kid BREAD AT EVERY MEAL and then just give her a bit of that useless, silly fruit, veggie and legume crap "on the side" after the all-important BREAD.

Are. you. KIDDING. me??? But I'm the one that needs a bloody dietician?? REALLY?

I am bloody well raging right now. I am so incensed.

She won't write for the cgms because, you know, first we have to get my kid on so much bread that she's taking 15 units of insulin every day... forget that the kid is in her honeymoon... we MUST give her "the daily recommended dosage" of insulin....

the feck?!

*beats head on wall*

Comment

Due to dramatic weather conditions, my internet has been out for a week - and it doesn't look like it'll be working any time soon, either...
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

It looks like January outside. Everything turned white again. From a few inches of winter putting in a late appearance.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

It looks like January outside. Everything turned white again. From a few inches of winter putting in a late appearance.
                  Same here. It alternates between freezing cold and snow, semi-cold and sky slush falling, and mild and rainy.

Currently, were're in the "freezing cold and snow" phase.
                  Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Its 90 here...
                    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                      Its 90 here...

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Yeh the weather has been weird for sure. it was 80 just 2 days ago and now is 40's and raining and doing the thunder and Lightning show. And I have a rant about the building super here. The boiler had a pipe break and this guy said to my friend who called him about it "I will try and call the guy tomorrow" This was about 3 in the afternoon and my friend had a few nasty words to say to him including "Call them now ASSHat" Heat and hot water are back so the words must have gotten through to him. A note this is a senior building and lack of heat and hot water is a major deal for us older people.
                        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

It's hoovering around freezing, and raining sleet and slush. No school today for Corbin...

Comment

The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

my step brother told our 14 year old god brother that doing coke and ecstasy is okay. My dad got drunk, told horrible war stories to my god brothers (ages 14 and 8) and my mom's friend, fell over and slammed the door at my mom. The degree to which I want to beat them with a camel leg is NOT okay.

I also took my ACT a few hours ago. One of the worst test related experiences I've ever had.
                              Circe

Comment

Now with this stupid "victory" from "president" Maduro, my dad is even more convinced that he should move with me to France.

LISTEN DAD. You're 50 yrs old, you stopped going to school at 11, so you barely entered middle school. You've never worked for anyone before since you got my grandfathers company as heritage, which you lead to bankruptcy. It took you 7 years to find work after that. 7 fucking years. That's why Mom divorced you. That and your anger management issues. You will NOT find work just because you have the French nationality. That's not how it works, dammit. If you want to come to France, bear in mind that unless you move to a place 250km away from me, they will cancel my scholarship. And I'm definitely not sending you any money.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Working...
                                X