THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Pretty much anything over two syllables is a hard sell when you're new to a forum. People can't handle personality right off the bat.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    After reading Luce's last closed rant.
    I may be special.
    But I ain't as dumb as him.
    Dude, that was kinda a dick thing to say. He's a racist for hyperbole but your mental illness implications are cool?

Comment

Originally posted by Moonshine Thistlewish View Post
      Pretty much anything over two syllables is a hard sell when you're new to a forum. People can't handle personality right off the bat.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude, that was kinda a dick thing to say. He's a racist for hyperbole but your mental illness implications are cool?
      Wait. I do have an actual mental illness. I have bi polar. It's public knowledge.
      He's dumb for not heeding my advice and easing up here.
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

So much for diversity. :P

Comment

- - - Updated - - -

Hyperbole doesn't make racism not racism.

If you say "it was a joke!" it doesn't make it magically not racist. It "being a joke" isn't a get out of jail free card for anything you want to say ever.

Also, and really, this is basically turning into a big argument right now about that thread being closed.
          hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Public debate over a mod call is explicitly forbidden.

Spreading arguments from thread to thread is forbidden.

Move. On. Now.

Life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Interesting.

Comment

N00bs, man, they're everywhere. Walking around like regular people. They don't see each other. They only see what they want to see. They don't know they're n00bs.
                The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
                  N00bs, man, they're everywhere. Walking around like regular people. They don't see each other. They only see what they want to see. They don't know they're n00bs.
                  The nerve.

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                    Public debate over a mod call is explicitly forbidden.

Spreading arguments from thread to thread is forbidden.

Move. On. Now.

srs bznz gais

Comment

This feels like a poorly executed "troll" invasion. *yawn* School must be out.
                      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                      Sneak Attack
                      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Yeah, well, I want to apologize for that thread. I had meant it as a parody of American attitudes, but it wasn't taken that way.

Work sucks, so I overreacted. My bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Luce View Post
                          Yeah, well, I want to apologize for that thread. I had meant it as a parody of American attitudes, but it wasn't taken that way.

Work sucks, so I overreacted. My bad.
                          Great. Let's all move on.
                          erase erase erase
                          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

The nerve.
                            It's a generic rant thread. We have the Electric Daisy Carnival going on here in Vegas. Young people be dropping like flies because they do not realize the full wrath of the desert sun on their tender northeastern heads. And they are all woefully underdressed and beet-red in tender places.

And I can rant on here about n00bs as well. Have you seen my big green bar?
                            The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Still kinda sick and I have to go out today. I'm so freaking tired.
                              [4:82]

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                                Come to California! No smoking everywhere! I love it!
                                Back home in BC too. It's been pretty limited ever since I came of legal age. Moving here was a bit of a shock, and people are REALLY against banning it because Berlin is one of the last cities in Europe that lets you smoke almost everywhere. Some people even gripe about the fact that you can't smoke in your office anymore (seriously...if you could, freelancing wouldn't even be a choice for me because going to work would be too much of health hazard!)

Comment

Working...
                                X