THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

This day just needed to end. And probably the next x number of days until I'm able to move out.

Comment

That OkCupid/Firefox thing is making me question my browser use, but I'm just too damn lazy to switch to Chrome. I'm already boycotting Chik-fil-A, Barilla and Russian vodkas, I've done enough.
      Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
      -Erik Erikson

Comment

From what I read Mozilla itself and firefox is not the issue. The person that is now the head of Mozilla once backed prop 8 in California. More than a few of the actual people that work under him have resigned rather than work for him.
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I still use Apple products, even though they use slave labor, so this isn't about to change my browsing habits.
          Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

I've actually always preferred Chrome so the Mozilla thing leaves me unaffected.
            Circe

Comment

I don't know what to do about my mom and I'm really getting tired of it.

She asks for help getting out of an abusive relationship. Help moving into a place. But for three weeks every weekend she wants help but I spend all day listening to her make phone calls just trying to find a place because she has no concept of compromise. I finally told her no, I'm not going to just sit there all day. Get your shit together. Get a place. Get a truck. Then I will help. But I can't keep wasting my time sitting around all day. I have a house to take care of. A baby to take care of. Etc. So now I'm being mean to her... because I won't "help" her talk to people when she never listens to any of my advice anyway.

She's got a victim mentality. Nothing is ever her fault. The world is out to get her. Nobody loves her. (Because they won't give her everything she wants.) Every relationship she's ever been in has been abusive. Which I'm starting to doubt because honestly she's pushy. She can be a bitch. But when a man argues back. Oh, they're being abusive to me. They won't give me money. They're being abusive to me. They call me out and insult me for my attitude. They're being abusive to me.

But I've almost always been told to never doubt a person when they say they're being abused. So it's hard to believe she's not. Automatic thing. Ugh.
              We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
              It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
              Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
              -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                But I've almost always been told to never doubt a person when they say they're being abused. So it's hard to believe she's not. Automatic thing. Ugh.

I've known someone to lie about being abused. Sometimes you have to ask the hard questions.

...I can imagine that is nigh on impossible if its your mom.
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

I am so sick of the tax run a round. H and R fixed my rate to free. Then I continued filing. But because I attempted to file with another company since H and R wasn't working, it now shows 2 files. I have to file by mail. Grrr.
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                    I am so sick of the tax run a round. H and R fixed my rate to free. Then I continued filing. But because I attempted to file with another company since H and R wasn't working, it now shows 2 files. I have to file by mail. Grrr.
                    You absolutely do not have to finish filing, you can get all of the way through the process, and before they charge you, quit, you don't have to print or e file the stuff if you don't want to, because you have the right to review your tax prep. The filing twice thing also might trigger an audit from the happy IRS.... I would NOT do that...
                    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                      I don't know what to do about my mom and I'm really getting tired of it.

She asks for help getting out of an abusive relationship. Help moving into a place. But for three weeks every weekend she wants help but I spend all day listening to her make phone calls just trying to find a place because she has no concept of compromise. I finally told her no, I'm not going to just sit there all day. Get your shit together. Get a place. Get a truck. Then I will help. But I can't keep wasting my time sitting around all day. I have a house to take care of. A baby to take care of. Etc. So now I'm being mean to her... because I won't "help" her talk to people when she never listens to any of my advice anyway.

She's got a victim mentality. Nothing is ever her fault. The world is out to get her. Nobody loves her. (Because they won't give her everything she wants.) Every relationship she's ever been in has been abusive. Which I'm starting to doubt because honestly she's pushy. She can be a bitch. But when a man argues back. Oh, they're being abusive to me. They won't give me money. They're being abusive to me. They call me out and insult me for my attitude. They're being abusive to me.

Gosh that sounds almost like my mom, except mine started adding some weird delusions to her claim about being water-boarded, otherwise tortured, and having a hit man sent after her. o.0

Counselors and police have to take every claim as if it were a serious reality. Those who know the long-term behaviors of an individual are able to take it with a dose of reality. If she really is being abused, she should seek professional help and it's up to her to do so. If not... it's not your responsibility to take care of that, you're not her mother.

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
                        You absolutely do not have to finish filing, you can get all of the way through the process, and before they charge you, quit, you don't have to print or e file the stuff if you don't want to, because you have the right to review your tax prep. The filing twice thing also might trigger an audit from the happy IRS.... I would NOT do that...
                        I did quit. I have two different companies with my unfinished return. Both will not return because it thinks the other is returned. I'm fucked.

So it advised me to just print and send it in. At least, at leaaaaaaaaast it's done. I just have to print and send. Bleh.

Comment

So all of management has to take this on-line video learning module (with quizzes included, yay) for waste management disposal. I'm going to waste an hour doing this tonight. Booooooooooohiiiiiiiiiiiis.

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                            Kinda old school with kids,but when I was growing up we were expected to take care of ourselves. Wake up and want breakfast?..then fix it yourself(this from about 6 years old) want a fried egg,then learn to fry it right and safely. also clean after yourself. Even at 6-7 I knew how to relight the pilot on the floor heater. My mom did stuff for us at times,but with 4 kids we did a lot for ourselves. Big sister got you started learning to cook simple things(pan cakes,waffles) and you learned to take care of your own school lunches.

I learned to be self sufficient that way. We all had our chores too..washing,cleaning and such.
                            I agree with this very strongly, anunitu. My son, who just turned five, takes out the trash, picks up his toys, puts dishes in the dish washer, etc.

My daughter is a bit different, though. We're waiting for an appointment with the local children's hospital because we've hit a point where her brother (2 1/2 years younger) has started to outpace her in certain ways. For a while, we thought it was a personality thing, but over the past year her more explosive behavior has become very dangerous.

At this point, waiting to see a behaviorist, often the best I can can do is just walk her through whatever I need done, step by step. It's exhausting, but nothing else works. She just gets lost in her own little world.
                            Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Originally posted by Dez View Post
                              My daughter is a bit different, though. We're waiting for an appointment with the local children's hospital because we've hit a point where her brother (2 1/2 years younger) has started to outpace her in certain ways. For a while, we thought it was a personality thing, but over the past year her more explosive behavior has become very dangerous.

At this point, waiting to see a behaviorist, often the best I can can do is just walk her through whatever I need done, step by step. It's exhausting, but nothing else works. She just gets lost in her own little world.
                              You know, with Sharkbait, we've had some behavioral issues as a result of his ADHD. If you can pick up a copy, there's a book called The Explosive Child, and another called The Defiant Child... both of these are pretty standard in terms of what most behavioral therapists will start with, and worth reading. You sort of have to sort through how to integrate the two, since they come from different places and have different (but overlapping) strategies (really, I think the methodology in the former would make a great insertion about two thirds of the way into the latter!!). I'd also recommend From Chaos to Calm...not so much because it has anything new or novel in it, but because it makes you feel less alone in having "that kid".
                              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                                I've known someone to lie about being abused. Sometimes you have to ask the hard questions.

...I can imagine that is nigh on impossible if its your mom.
                                Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
                                Gosh that sounds almost like my mom, except mine started adding some weird delusions to her claim about being water-boarded, otherwise tortured, and having a hit man sent after her. o.0

Counselors and police have to take every claim as if it were a serious reality. Those who know the long-term behaviors of an individual are able to take it with a dose of reality. If she really is being abused, she should seek professional help and it's up to her to do so. If not... it's not your responsibility to take care of that, you're not her mother.
                                Thanks, guys. I know I'm not responsible for her. But, I guess, it's just very hard knowing where to draw the line between helping her and enabling bad behavior.
                                We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                                It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                                Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                                -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Working...
                                X