THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

I've a rant built up but I'm really not sure about posting such. I'm stuck, vacillating, about voicing a relatively obvious reply, as well.

*sigh

I loath DISinformation! Particularly when used to assess, or in this case degrade, someone else! Facts are EASY to locate - why do so many pretentious f***sticks ignore them?!?

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
      Facts are EASY to locate - why do so many pretentious f***sticks ignore them?!?
      Because it runs counter to the perfect little world inside their heads.
      Good men don't need rules. Today is not the day to find out why I have so many. -The Doctor

Comment

Originally posted by Agel View Post
        Because it runs counter to the perfect little world inside their heads.
        This is true.

However... that, then, incites a further [yet still somewhat generalized] rant: My world is miserable enough(!!!) without having so many perfect little delusions thrust upon me, or waved around in front of me like some exclusive know-all;be-all banner of [what amounts to] sheer ignorance. Come on, you thought-starved piles of wasted carbon atoms, grow a brain! There's obviously plenty of room in all those empty F'n heads!

There. I feel better, now. (Thank you for your help, Agel )

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I have strep.
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
            I have strep.

I might even rescind my previous rant, over this.

Strep?! Yuck! (Putting it extremely mildly.) Get well soon, Doc!

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
              I have strep.
              Yucky - esp. in summertime....feel better soon!!!
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
                So far it seems over than 50 people were killed.

In case you want to know what I'm talking about:
                http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-23222546
                Is this accurate D? Is the Army really helping? Did they really shoot rebels? The media is all so confusing. I hope you and yours are ok, and now that it is Ramadhan, hopefully everyone will calm the f*** down.
                ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                Seen the desert and the birds
                You cut your hair short
                Like a shush to an insult
                The world had been yelling
                Since the day you were born
                Revolting with anger
                While it smiled like it was cute
                That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I have a bladder infection.
                  And my chocolate started melting.
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

So working 14 hour days is now a thing.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                      Is this accurate D? Is the Army really helping? Did they really shoot rebels? The media is all so confusing. I hope you and yours are ok, and now that it is Ramadhan, hopefully everyone will calm the f*** down.
                      At that particular day it was a fight between security forces and Morsi supporters. And you have two sides of the story here. One side is saying that the Morsi supporters tried to break into a military facility so they had to fight them, and that they had weapons with them. Other side says the security forces attacked the Morsi supporters and tried to evacuate a peaceful sit-in using force.

Of course, I know for a fact that both sides have a long history of telling lies. They are both scum. But the end result is lots of people have been killed for no good reason at all.
                      [4:82]

Comment

I trust the doctors here in my area completely. They know what they're talking about, and when they've prescribed something, it always works...

So why do they terrify me now?

About a month ago I went in for an X-Ray and MRI. Why? I came into the hospital with concerns for the pain I feel in my fingers, as well as my one red knuckle. I feared it was arthritis, so they did some blood work, x-rays, and an MRI on my hands and wrists.... (MRIs suck, by the way!)

I was supposed to see them again two weeks go on the results of the MRI. Instead, I got a letter in the mail stating that because of "Unique circumstances" involving the results of my MRI, they will be discussing it during a doctor meeting the next week.

Having anxiety disorder, this absolutely horrified me. I don't know what they found, and I don't know what they talked about... And so my imagination runs wild.

I will be heading into the hospital tomorrow to talk to the doctor... And I'm scared to High Hell.

Comment

Half my self-employed friends are going to the lake today, but they chose one that takes me an hour and a half to get to. Unfortunately, I have -just- enough work to do that I'll never make it there before 5 pm. If they were going to a closer lake, I could go, provided I brought non-computer work with me

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                            I have a bladder infection.
                            And my chocolate started melting.
                            Cranberry juice. And avoid sugar for a while.

Comment

Useless advice irks me.

Not quite to the point of becoming irate but definitely past the point of simply being annoyed.

Much like 14-hour work days. Well beyond annoying.

However, dozens of people getting killed, murdered in fact, with nothing but lame-ass excuses to explain why. That hurts. That does piss me off, to no end. It's called "atrocity" for a reason. Taking turns, committing them, is asinine, to the nth degree. Don't they understand that? And why can't they figure that out?

And for my last random rant: I'm out of meds. No more happy pills, pain pills or even calm the F down pills. Pills. Without them, I should probably avoid any and all social situations, indeed any happenings at all, that involve people, are surely going to have me flying into an uncontrolled rage toward idiocy, bigotry, misogyny, hypocrisy and, actually, just breathing.

Someone, get me a stick! No, wait. I have my cane! I'm ready! (Epithets and vulgar colloquialisms shall commence, shortly.)

Comment

I hate the smell of being sick.
                                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X