THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

I really need to figure the bus route on this one dumb ass pain in the ass unreliable ass bus. Either that, or I am missing something.

Sigh.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I seriously need a f'n keeper!

I know what activities I need to avoid doing, at all costs, yet when it comes right down to whether something gets done or not, I go well beyond those restrictions. Without even a second thought.

I KNOW it's going to cause me trouble. I know thee main repercussion is agony. I know it will take days to recuperate. I know I'm not supposed to do it. And I do it anyway!

WTF is wrong with me?!?!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

So I quit my job. I was told I was being hired. When the time comes for me to start, "we can't afford to hire you right now." But now I am jobless! I can't afford to be jobless! I just dumped $500 into my car because a tire exploded, and my other tires looked "bad." Now what do I do? No one is hiring! NO ONE! What do I do now?

Oh look that place is hiring... Oh only people with experience, which I don't have... Awesome... I don't know what to do.......
        http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
        ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
          So I quit my job. I was told I was being hired. When the time comes for me to start, "we can't afford to hire you right now." But now I am jobless! I can't afford to be jobless! I just dumped $500 into my car because a tire exploded, and my other tires looked "bad." Now what do I do? No one is hiring! NO ONE! What do I do now?

Oh look that place is hiring... Oh only people with experience, which I don't have... Awesome... I don't know what to do.......
          Oh Jeez Well... Damn... I hope you get some good employment soon. That's a pretty low move on that employer's part.
          hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

That really sucks,to tell you you are not hired after making you believe you were. You might actually have a suit being you were kinda lied to. I would think it depends what part of the country you are in.
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Do you have anything in writing from the new employer? An offer letter, etc.?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
              I seriously need a f'n keeper!

I know what activities I need to avoid doing, at all costs, yet when it comes right down to whether something gets done or not, I go well beyond those restrictions. Without even a second thought.

I KNOW it's going to cause me trouble. I know thee main repercussion is agony. I know it will take days to recuperate. I know I'm not supposed to do it. And I do it anyway!

WTF is wrong with me?!?!
              I do that, too. It's called "stubbornness"
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I am so freaking sick of not getting sleep!! Between the raging insomnia and everything waking me up constantly during the times I manage to crash out for a precious little bit of sleep, I've about had enough! There are days I feel like falcon-punching anything that gets between me and some freakin' sleep. Sick and tired of being tired.

Comment

I woke up to find me having to get up early was not needed. The Gynocologist had to cancel my appointment today. Sucks. I have to wait till Sept 26 to see one again. And I got all razored up and down just for the event!
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I've been having weird anxiety for days. Heart palpitations, nausea, neck tension to the point of extreme pain and migraines, general nervousness. I can't seem to shake it and I don't know what to do. I can't even say what caused it because I don't consciously feel nervous about anything in particular. I've never had huge anxiety issues before. I panic once or twice a year, but it's always set off by something...feeling lonely, exams, deadlines, etc. I don't have any of those things going on at the moment. Depression I have...anxiety for no reason has never been an issue with me.

Comment

I assume your previous position was already filled? I've had it happen to me and it's a horrible feeling. I (and several people I met while there), was told I had a job waiting for me when I moved to Germany. By the time I got there, I was told they couldn't take me on because they were struggling to give their existing teachers enough hours (this was Berlitz: name and shame, name and shame!!). I blame myself though, because I should have double checked that there was definitely work for me, before I left. I ended up trying to freelance, but there was so little work and for one class, I had to travel to Munich, which cost me nearly what I made for the class (I only took it because I thought if I could get my foot in the door, more offers would come). I landed on my feet back in England though, and I hope you find something quickly too. As for the bitch who offered you the job, I hope she goes bankrupt! ^^
                      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Berlitz is really bad for that! I know several people in Berlin who got told they had jobs with them, and didn't. Proper offers and everything. I don't know about the U.S., but there's nothing legal you can do at that point. They're allowed to change their mind anytime during the probation period (6 months, legally), especially if you haven't signed any contracts. I think there's nothing you could have done about it, other than what you did

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                          Berlitz is really bad for that! I know several people in Berlin who got told they had jobs with them, and didn't. Proper offers and everything. I don't know about the U.S., but there's nothing legal you can do at that point. They're allowed to change their mind anytime during the probation period (6 months, legally), especially if you haven't signed any contracts. I think there's nothing you could have done about it, other than what you did
                          I just wish I'd done a little research, because the internet is full of rants about Berlitz doing this. I guess it's good for them to have plenty potential teachers on their books, as it allows greater flexibility, but they really need to be more explicit about the chance that they'll have no work. The email they send out is very positive and really reads as though you have an actual job with them. Mind, even if they HAD been clear, I probably would have still gone though, because I had love-goggles on, so wasn't thinking practically.
                          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

It's an honest mistake though. They're a big, popular company!

Comment

I think they crashed and burnt in Japan though.. mwahahahah.. but yeah, as such a well-known publisher too, I trusted they would be legit. I've heard their teaching style isn't great too though. They assume the teachers are morons so allow for very little creative input (although I WISH we'd had pre-made lesson plans when I worked for NOVA!), and because of this, they don't evolve to include the latest TEFL research like other schools do. NOVA used to make a magazine for teachers where they'd share lesson ideas and discuss new promising techniques that we could test out and as much as I hate lesson planning, I have to admit this kept things interesting.

I still have a bad taste in my mouth from the whole experience. I wouldn't say I regret it though. Germany is a wonderful country and I am glad to have been a guest there for 4 short months. I just made so many mistakes and rash decisions that still haunt me and make me feel very foolish.

- - - Updated - - -

Also... it's kinda sweet that I still hang around PF, because this place kept me sane during those months. I think I started the 'a year with your gods' project from Germany too!

Comment

I hate being a teenager. I'm angry and I don't even know at what. *throws self into minecraft construction project to disperse irritation*
                                Circe

Comment

Working...
                                X