THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Personally I am a big fan of the Duce(My own personal name for her),she speaks her mind and well I kinda admire that in her.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
      Well, I've seen her make a few blunt and realistic posts. But she usually only does it when it needs to be done.
      I hadn't noticed, but actually.. she has been quite a sweet kitty these last few months... I'm sure she's keeping her claws nice and sharp though.

As for the fighting thing. You probably wouldn't have noticed, but I very rarely, if ever, post even in actual debate threads, because I couldn't form a coherent argument to save my life. My posts tend to be long, which can be a sign of someone who can't get their thoughts together. In my case, that's definitely it. I'm not good at being concise and to the point, so I tend to come over a little too scatterbrained to be taken seriously in a debate, even if my points were valid. I sometimes find I post something and then another member posts almost exactly my point, only theirs sounded so much better. Still.. as much as I don't generally join in, I admit that I read debate threads and watch when fights break out, often enjoying the action far more than I really should. ^^
      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

"I admit that I read debate threads and watch when fights break out, often enjoying the action far more than I really should. ^^"

Naughty naughty Jembru(tongue in cheek)

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
          Still.. as much as I don't generally join in, I admit that I read debate threads and watch when fights break out, often enjoying the action far more than I really should. ^^
          Free entertainment is good entertainment
          The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I used to regularly surf the debates, looking for something to present my own arguments in, and enjoying the heated debates IMMENSELY. Under the previous management, there were even a couple of... "manufactured", I guess you'd call it, fights. The most memorable, for me, was the fight I got into with Rok over one of the so-called Manson Family Killers.

To explain, for my part, it was an experiment to prove, once and for all, that when debates got mega-heated, and name-calling seems right around the corner, the forum sees a massive upswing of activity. A thread with 20 posts and 1700 views. (Not actual numbers, btw, just an example of how obvious it is that fights attract attention. And lots of it.) One last thing. One of our dearest members rather bluntly called a halt to the bickering by asking who all was on what side of the debate (paraphrasing).

So, now for my Rant de Jour.

I absolutely loath this premise that feelings, beliefs and even just thoughts, for that matter, belong in a sort of free-for-all zone of correction and/or adherence to the laws or standards set out by another. How dare ANYONE tell me what to feel, believe or think! I. Am. NOT. Your. Puppet!

Better yet, I got a few things for *you* to believe, feel and think about... Hell, I can pass a mandate, too!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
              Under the previous management, there were even a couple of... "manufactured", I guess you'd call it, fights.

Chickpeas anyone?
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

A water fountain is for drinking water. Or if you must, filling a water bottle. It is not for spitting. It is not a place to dump your chewing tobacco. It is not where you put out your cigarette because the staff just told you your in a no smoking area. You do not clean you cups out in it. You do not dump your pop in it. You don't use it for whatever other weird and wacky things your brain comes up with. You drink from it. Period. End of story!
                We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                  The most memorable, for me, was the fight I got into with Rok over one of the so-called Manson Family Killers.
                  Oh gods, Rok.. whatever happened to him? He was fun! I don't think I will ever come by anyone as strongly opinionated, or persistently argumentative. I seem to recall he popped into the new forum for a while, but he didn't post much or stick around long. Anyone in touch with him?
                  夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

One big rant coming up. I drink coffee with cream and sugar. I use Half and Half for the cream. NOW they freaking are making it with milk and corn syrup,NOT milk and cream..And the label still calls it half and half. If I wanted some fake cream(Half and half) then I would buy fake cream. I only noticed the "fat free" label after I got it,and wondered Fat Free Half and half?

It seems food in many forms is changing into fake crap that I find it hard to even think about using.

End of Rant....and how is it fat free with corn syrup,thats a sugar right?

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                      and how is it fat free with corn syrup,thats a sugar right?
                      because sugars are fat free--they are different types of molecules

These are fat (lipid) molecules:

These are sugar (carbohydrate) molecules:

Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks Thal...But all I want is REAL cream..

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                          Thanks Thal...But all I want is REAL cream..
                          I don't have many luxuries in life. We drive old cars, I will keep an obsolete computer until it catches fire, we have a console tv... but dammit, I will fork out the $5 for a half gallon of organic half and half. Half whole fat milk, half cream. I will accept a negligible amount of disodium phosphate, but that's it.
                          The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I can't get my working papers until September because my physical is out of date. For once there's actually a few places hiring right now but I don't know if they still will be by then and I'll have started school.
                            Circe

Comment

Work is damned stressful this week. The whole just trying to get to work is hard. Not because of the bus per say. But because the schedule for this week and next was made with me having a car. So I have to work around it and I'm running up against obstacle after obstacle. All this on top of going to the Lady bits doctor on Wed. Where all the thoughts of work will be overshadowed by the mass under my arm. I'm just....
                              I'm getting there. I'm trying to throw it all out the window and instead of just crying myself silly and worrying. Well I'm just throwing up the arms and for now it's literally day by day I make my plans. And we have a huge parking lot sale. So I'm sure once this week coming up is over, things will be a bit calmer.

If I can just get to there..
                              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Tomorrow better be a thousand times better than today.
                                I can understand that it's the first day of school. I understand that the buses will run a bit late.

A BIT LATE IS NOT OVER AN HOUR MAKING THE KID LATE FOR HIS FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL. IT ALSO IS NOT BEING OVER AN HOUR LATE BRINGING THEM HOME.

15-20 minutes, ok. Kinda understandable, especially if it's a new route for the driver. Today was not understandable in the slightest.
                                Good men don't need rules. Today is not the day to find out why I have so many. -The Doctor

Comment

Working...
                                X