• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

I am sunburned.

It is uncomfortable.

That is all.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Yeast infection. Cold. 8 1/2 months preggo. Still have to go to work. Ugh.
      We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
      It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
      Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
      -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
        Yeast infection. Cold. 8 1/2 months preggo. Still have to go to work. Ugh.
        You have the trifecta of crap.

I worked cleaning up the store till midnight.
        I have to be up at 7am.
        Tomorrow I work 10-3 then 5-10. It's going to be a long cranky day
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
          You have the trifecta of crap.

I worked cleaning up the store till midnight.
          I have to be up at 7am.
          Tomorrow I work 10-3 then 5-10. It's going to be a long cranky day
          Sounds like yuck. Is the bus situation still an issue?
          We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
          It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
          Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
          -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
            Sounds like yuck. Is the bus situation still an issue?
            I actually got used to taking the bus. It's working itself out. Gives me about 2 hours to listen to my audiobooks and have me time. So it's ok.

Comment

Somebody is gaining on me, in post count. Damn.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Hurr hurr, :P
                �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                Sneak Attack
                Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

And we both need to stop bein' so lazy and catch Thal, already!

How the f did she get so many?? Spamming, I bet. :/

LOL

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Probably. She's the responsible one. :P
                    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                    Sneak Attack
                    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

It's a small rant.

The 'e' on my laptop is wonky. I have to press it hard to get it to work.
                      Of ALL THE LETTERS IN THE KNOWN UNIVERSE IT HAD TO BE THE E?!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post

I have gotten used to the near-daily questioning of my blood relatives that oscillate between when I will be getting a real career (because that's exactly how the economy works these days, you just magically 'get' a good-paying job), when I will be buying my own house, and when I will be having kids. However, the holidays bring a new level of annoyance to this questioning process as this is the time they begin to bring their coworkers over to my abode and share their questioning techniques. This results in not one set of these questions, but five different people (4 of whom I don't know, and who do not know me) asking these sets of questions. And of course, I can't give the real answer because it would be particularly rude to explain to their coworkers that the people they work with, who call themselves my "loving family," are the sole reason why my anxiety is through the roof, why I have sacrificed so many promising beginnings to maintain what sanity I do have, and because after 5 years of trying for a baby we have still been unable to fulfill that dream. Besides, since when did did a full time, benefits-included job stop counting as a real job?

*grumbles before going back to watching more scarred individuals hack each other to bits on Game of Thrones*
                        Oh My Holy Crap! What she said!
                        (Not trying to have a baby yet though. don't wanna while living in inlaws basement....)
                        http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                        ~Jim Butcher

Comment

My coworker is talking on the phone behind me, making stuff up. It has nothing to do with reality. It's insane. It's stupid. I want to punch his head off.

Comment

Can I just add that people are giant jerks this time of year? Because holiday spirit my lily white...teeth. These people have gone insane.

Comment

I really want it to be 1500. I'm tired and I have a headache. I'm cold. Its warmer outside than it is in my office. My eye itches. I want to go home, but I'm trying to save my vacation time for spring break.
                              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                                I really want it to be 1500. I'm tired and I have a headache. I'm cold. Its warmer outside than it is in my office. My eye itches. I want to go home, but I'm trying to save my vacation time for spring break.
                                No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Working...
                                X