THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Yeah, it's 31 states. I saw this petition pop up on ye olde Facebook to end the practice, and I was all, "that can't be true! That's horrendous! Who would put a law like that on the books?!" After doing some research, yup, it's true.

What's worse is that some rapists actually use the law as a ploy to get their victims to drop criminal charges. As in, "If you drop the charges against me for raping you, I'll stop suing you for custody of 'our' baby".
    The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

someones gonna be very unhappy when i get him up when the kids do..

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
        Yeah, it's 31 states. I saw this petition pop up on ye olde Facebook to end the practice, and I was all, "that can't be true! That's horrendous! Who would put a law like that on the books?!" After doing some research, yup, it's true.

What's worse is that some rapists actually use the law as a ploy to get their victims to drop criminal charges. As in, "If you drop the charges against me for raping you, I'll stop suing you for custody of 'our' baby".
        hubby read this and now we both wanna move to Canada... Is the crack smoking mayor of Toronto hiring?
        http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
        ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Am I the only one who finds this to be really weird? I feel like I can't be the only who one who finds this really weird. This sounds like a description of a boyfriend, not just a "boy-best friend". I have a lot of good guy friends in my life, and it would sketch me out pretty hard if one of them started acting this way. Especially the weirdly parental, controlling little bit about him forcing me to fix my problems because he somehow knows how to solve them better than I do o.o

Click image for larger version

Name:	941506_303876223079309_1526760406_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	352101

Comment

OOOOOOOO

So ummm ok...

Reading the thread I see a FEW people who can draw.

I'm WILLING TO PAY to get a company icon. What I'd like is a Fox around a Clock, Big hand at 12, small hand at 11, Lots of purple and black (for the color flash but can still translate as a line drawing for Trademark purposes) I know this is the Rant thread but ... if ya'll could direct me to the right thread for this.

Yes I am willing to pay. Royalties as well.

Comment

Originally posted by iflewoverthecuckoosnest View Post
              Am I the only one who finds this to be really weird? I feel like I can't be the only who one who finds this really weird. This sounds like a description of a boyfriend, not just a "boy-best friend". I have a lot of good guy friends in my life, and it would sketch me out pretty hard if one of them started acting this way. Especially the weirdly parental, controlling little bit about him forcing me to fix my problems because he somehow knows how to solve them better than I do o.o

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2631[/ATTACH]
              Yes this is weird. I mean it's wonderful if you've got a best friend of the opposite gender. But this looks like an add. It's odd.

Originally posted by Liandrin View Post
              OOOOOOOO

So ummm ok...

Reading the thread I see a FEW people who can draw.

I'm WILLING TO PAY to get a company icon. What I'd like is a Fox around a Clock, Big hand at 12, small hand at 11, Lots of purple and black (for the color flash but can still translate as a line drawing for Trademark purposes) I know this is the Rant thread but ... if ya'll could direct me to the right thread for this.

Yes I am willing to pay. Royalties as well.
              I think it would be appropriate (and feel free to ask on of the mods or admins) for you to send a private message to those people you've seen who do art that interests you and ask them privately if they would be interested.
              We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
              It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
              Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
              -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

I find it interesting the the Repubs are now having classes on how to NOT upset women voters. In a way this might actually put them in a worse light. As in "We will try not to say what we believe cause it might upset you"...Just my Two cents...
                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                  I find it interesting the the Repubs are now having classes on how to NOT upset women voters. In a way this might actually put them in a worse light. As in "We will try not to say what we believe cause it might upset you"...Just my Two cents...
                  I'd like to see proof of this please. You know, since I'm a conservative woman and there are a lot of us and no one I know has any idea what you're talking about.

Comment

This is something the speaker of the house said on the news. Not the "we wont say what we really think" part,but "Classes" to help repubs not to put women off.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4392235.html
                    Last edited by anunitu; 08 Dec 2013, 08:53.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
                      I'd like to see proof of this please. You know, since I'm a conservative woman and there are a lot of us and no one I know has any idea what you're talking about.

Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

Wow! Ain't nobody know how to respect their mama?

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                          This is something the speaker of the house said on the news. Not the "we wont say what we really think" part,but "Classes" to help repubs not to put women off.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4392235.html
                          So trying to be more sensitive is bad? Good to know. Guess that's the unpopular part.

Comment

In part it is an admission that perhaps things have not been well spoken when it comes to addressing women's issues.
                            Perhaps there might be some "wonder" when a man says "But you know I love you babe" right after smacking her and saying keep quiet...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
                              So trying to be more sensitive is bad? Good to know. Guess that's the unpopular part.
                              As much as I dislike the Republican politicians (and not always the actual beliefs) I do agree with you here. Seems this is a decent thing to try to do. Even though it won't work. Because you know some jerk is gonna say something stupid and ruin it for every Republican who is like you. Sane and all. But it's a try. I'll be quiet and let it play out.
                              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I hate building web sites.
                                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Working...
                                X