No announcement yet.

THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
    Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
    sigpic

Comment

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by Yorin View Post
      A note for when you commission an artist, because this is relevant:

Seriously, for the record, I absolutely HATE it when people give me a vague subject that they want for a design for something. “Oh, I don’t know, I just want it to have _____ and I’m going to leave the rest of the design completely up to you” -___- REALLY?? You’re paying for this, tell me what the hell you want. Don’t just give me some flimsy ass subject to go off of and expect me to come out with a Picasso-esque amazing work when I have no clue to your style of tastes, your wants, what the person your getting it for might enjoy…..I know I identify as a witch, but come on people, I never claimed to be a mind reader!! GIVE ME SOMETHING TO WORK WITH HERE!!!
      And half the time, they don't like it when you do it your way. I totally agree. It's exactly the same with writing. If I'm going to write for you, I'd prefer to have a style guide and set rules.

Comment

Internet issues. Do not like them.
        [4:82]

Comment

Comment

Crazy relatives + holidays = *facedesk*

Comment

I always wind up beating myself up and blowing things out of proportion in my head
              It's something I'm working on. I know that guilt tripping myself for a mistake doesn't undo said mistake, and that it's much healthier and more practical to learn and let go, but it's so hard for me, sometimes. Especially when I'm afraid that I've let someone down and they might be mad at me. Dammit, cognitive habits of self judgement, just stahp it, already. You're ruining the whole day.

Comment

Originally posted by iflewoverthecuckoosnest View Post
                I always wind up beating myself up and blowing things out of proportion in my head
                It's something I'm working on. I know that guilt tripping myself for a mistake doesn't undo said mistake, and that it's much healthier and more practical to learn and let go, but it's so hard for me, sometimes. Especially when I'm afraid that I've let someone down and they might be mad at me. Dammit, cognitive habits of self judgement, just stahp it, already. You're ruining the whole day.
                You are not alone. I get that on a daily basis, sometimes even when I don't do anything wrong. :P

Comment

I identify with this entirely. I've been such a bitch lately that my boyfriend hasn't really spent any time with me for the last 5 days. Hasn't touched me in 5 days. We haven't snuggled for 5 days. I've been beating myself up to the point of tears because I feel like a horrible person for taking things out on him, especially this unreasonable anger. I know there has to be a way to control it but when I'm in the moment it doesn't feel like irrational anger, it feel and sounds in my head perfectly justified and I don't notice until later, when everyone avoids me like the plague and don't want to talk to be or even be around me. I turn conversations to arguments and once I realize what I've done I spend hour after hour berating myself to the point of tears because no one will say these things to my face.

-hug- We both need one.
                  No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
                    I identify with this entirely. I've been such a bitch lately that my boyfriend hasn't really spent any time with me for the last 5 days. Hasn't touched me in 5 days. We haven't snuggled for 5 days. I've been beating myself up to the point of tears because I feel like a horrible person for taking things out on him, especially this unreasonable anger. I know there has to be a way to control it but when I'm in the moment it doesn't feel like irrational anger, it feel and sounds in my head perfectly justified and I don't notice until later, when everyone avoids me like the plague and don't want to talk to be or even be around me. I turn conversations to arguments and once I realize what I've done I spend hour after hour berating myself to the point of tears because no one will say these things to my face.

-hug- We both need one.
                    Awe, Bjorn, everyone has their own personal mountains to climb and flaws to overcome. Your's are no worse than anyone else's. You're not a terrible person, you just need to work on that particular aspect of yourself. You are more than the mistakes you've made <3
                    -Huggle pile-

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
                    You are not alone. I get that on a daily basis, sometimes even when I don't do anything wrong. :P
                    Thanks for the support. And yeah, I can relate, haha. I'll find that sniveling little weasle of a critical voice up in my brain berating me because I smiled at someone kinda awkward, or I thought someone was saying hi to me when they were really talking to someone else, etc. As you can imagine, it's even worse when I did screw up or hurt someone's feelings in some way.
                    Funny part is, when the other person is usually over it way before I am. I'm my own worst critic, sometimes.

I've found that Loving Kindness meditation helps. There's a lot of free, guided variants on LK meditation meant to engender a sense of self compassion on selfcompassion.org.
                    My therapist pointed me to 'em. Very, very helpful indeed. I try to do it at least once a day. It's like a breath of fresh air for the heart.

Comment

I've found that Loving Kindness meditation helps. There's a lot of free, guided variants on LK meditation meant to engender a sense of self compassion on selfcompassion.org.
                      My therapist pointed me to 'em. Very, very helpful indeed. I try to do it at least once a day. It's like a breath of fresh air for the heart.

Ooh interesting... ^^

Comment

I haz a toothache. It was so bad yesterday. The actual tooth hurt to touch it and not the gums. So I made it home and devoured every last bit of Vicodin and Tylenol in the house. I was about to take whiskey at one point just to knock me out. I bundled up in bed and proceeded to die. My ear was swollen. Finally this morning I'm 'alive'. The ear is back to normal, but under my tongue is a bit swollen. And I'm chewing slowly. Eventually it's going to have to get pulled.

boo.
                        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I just found out that, in this country, it is possible for a rapist to sue their victim for child custody if a pregnancy/birth results from the attack.

Sometimes I want to punch myself in my face for being American.
                          The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
                            I just found out that, in this country, it is possible for a rapist to sue their victim for child custody if a pregnancy/birth results from the attack.

Sometimes I want to punch myself in my face for being American.
                            Wut wut?! You mean (I assume not knowing the facts)..a rapist can sue the mother of his child for child support? Thus the child is living with the man? Or are we talking a Woman can sue the male child they raped when they get pregnant ala Mary Laterno. Was that her name?

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                              Wut wut?! You mean (I assume not knowing the facts)..a rapist can sue the mother of his child for child support? Thus the child is living with the man? Or are we talking a Woman can sue the male child they raped when they get pregnant ala Mary Laterno. Was that her name?

A male rapist can get custody of the child conceived by the woman he raped in...like 26 states or something like that.
                              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                                A male rapist can get custody of the child conceived by the woman he raped in...like 26 states or something like that.
                                Well. We didn't really need those 26 states, now did we?

Comment

Working...
                                X