THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

I wish I had money for sexy looking clothes. I always end up in these baggy things that make me seem lumpy even though I'm actually pretty thin and lean. Sure I pick them out myself but shopping at walmart with my mom is hardly what I mean. Besides, they simply don't carry anything small enough for me that's still long enough to cover my stomach. I've got a few shirts that would be perfect if they actually fit. It's probably terribly materialistic and shallow but I want to be pretty. I'm also kinda pissed that I feel clothes alter my attractiveness at all. I have a job but I don't make enough, and anything I do make is going into my college fund since my parents never saved for me.
    Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
      So trying to be more sensitive is bad? Good to know. Guess that's the unpopular part.
      I don't really have a huge problem with it, but I think the general issue is that it comes across as the party trying to appeal to women with a thesaurus instead of actually dealing with the problems women might have with the party in the first place. It comes across as insincere if the party doesn't include actual discussion of why women might feel negatively toward them in the first place. But I don't claim to have read much about the topic, just a little here and there, so again, I have no strong feelings one way or the other.

Comment

So trying to be more sensitive is bad? Good to know. Guess that's the unpopular part.
        It's a farce. They need help speaking to the majority of the human race? Maybe if they kept their religious ideals out of my vagina and out of my face with patriarchal pandering (which is all this is) then I would believe that they really are trying to be more sensitive. Alas, I don't believe that's the case. I believe that they are trying to improve their public image, which has nothing to do with the words they use and everything to do with the sentiments behind them that continue to promote a highly patriarchal society where women can enjoy more quiet oppression of reinforced gender roles and misogyny.

Not trying to start anything, just disagreeing.
        No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
          I hate building web sites.
          You and me both man. You and me both T-T
          Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
          Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
          sigpic

Comment

Definition of Headache: the annoying, throbbing/stabbing/pounding pain in one's skull that always seems to occur at the most unneeded times... -_-

Comment

My dad seems to think I'm going to have children despite the fact that I don't like children and that I'm into blokes (I mean neither is a secret, what is he expecting?). He's like "my bloodline ends with you!" I have two sisters. One of which has a son! not to mention my dad has three sisters, one of which has four children. Your blood line appears to be flourishing you bastard. When I brought up my sisters he said "well you're the only one I'm proud of"... ouch. I felt bad hearing that. My sister said something about this a few years ago, that dad values his male child more than his daughters.
              Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
                My dad seems to think I'm going to have children despite the fact that I don't like children and that I'm into blokes (I mean neither is a secret, what is he expecting?). He's like "my bloodline ends with you!" I have two sisters. One of which has a son! not to mention my dad has three sisters, one of which has four children. Your blood line appears to be flourishing you bastard. When I brought up my sisters he said "well you're the only one I'm proud of"... ouch. I felt bad hearing that. My sister said something about this a few years ago, that dad values his male child more than his daughters.
                Its sad but it does make sense. For many a son is the only one who can pass down the blood line name so for many if no sons then the blood line dies. I suppose in some ways it could tie into the old saying..

A son is a son till he takes a wife
                But a daughter is a daughter for all of her life (Or the rest of her life)

It's still a common perspective in a lot of the urban and outer rural parts of the South though probably equally true across a lot of the country. In the cities it doesn't seem to apply as much, well on the surface anyway. While it doesn't occur that often anymore there were times that a second or third son might take the name of his wife's family to keep that blood line alive.

Growing up in the 60's that was a common perspective pounded into our heads across nearly every media it seemed.
                I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

How do you people deal with living with others? I'm having a hell of a time adjusting. Now, I don't sleep well when I'm not sleeping well, AND when he's not sleeping well.

I may never sleep again.

(He can't get used to the cat, and wakes up every time my cat does anything at all near the bed).

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                    How do you people deal with living with others? I'm having a hell of a time adjusting. Now, I don't sleep well when I'm not sleeping well, AND when he's not sleeping well.

I may never sleep again.

(He can't get used to the cat, and wakes up every time my cat does anything at all near the bed).
                    It takes time. Lots of it.

I've been living with this same person for 12 years now, and sometimes we still make each other crazy. It's just people.

Doesn't mean it doesn't get better, though. I'm more comfy sleeping with him in the bed than on my own now. Kicked the cats out of the bedroom when I was pregnant though and never let them back in. Everyone sleeps better now, even the cats.

Comment

Kicked the cats out of the bedroom when I was pregnant though and never let them back in. Everyone sleeps better now, even the cats.
                      I second the idea of kicking the pets out of the bedroom...it was the second smartest "get better sleep" idea I ever had.
                      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                        I second the idea of kicking the pets out of the bedroom...it was the second smartest "get better sleep" idea I ever had.
                        doesn't cuddle me all night long.

What I do mind is, my partner waking up to every noise and footstep my cat makes. Because he is very vocal when he's startled, and that in turn wakes me up. And then he'll lie back down, roll this way, and that way, and we are currently sharing a double bed.

It's seriously not big enough for the two of us. I mean, we're pretty small people, but I sleep sprawled, and he sleeps sprawled, but wakes up every time he touches me, and I wake up every time he touches me, and....I'm tired. And I want my big bed back. I used to have an extended queen.

Mostly art.

Comment

I may never sleep again.

My husband & I have separate bedrooms & bathrooms. It's soooo nice. He'll snuggle w/me & the dog for an hour or so at bedtime & then he goes to his own room. I snore & he's got itty-bitty-bladder-syndrome so he's up constantly.

And I don't know how people sleep without pets. It just seems unnatural. I think mattress stores should have 'Every bed comes with a free dog or cat' promotions.
                          The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

doesn't cuddle me all night long.
                            Lol... I guess I so sleep with pets--they go by Chickadee and Sharkbait!

As far as the other...a bigger bed should definately go on the "to do" list!! (In our house, I vote for a California king...the hubby and I have the same problem as you, but in a queen, and then add two children the size of labrador retrievers...okay, maybe not that big)
                            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
                              My husband & I have separate bedrooms & bathrooms. It's soooo nice. He'll snuggle w/me & the dog for an hour or so at bedtime & then he goes to his own room. I snore & he's got itty-bitty-bladder-syndrome so he's up constantly.

And I don't know how people sleep without pets. It just seems unnatural. I think mattress stores should have 'Every bed comes with a free dog or cat' promotions.
                              I actually suggested this, but he's worried it'll just turn us into friendly roommates. But really...I'm grumpy cuz I don't have my own space, he's grumpy cuz he doesn't have his own space. I thought it was the perfect solution, but he doesn't like it.

Mostly art.

Comment

I actually suggested this, but he's worried it'll just turn us into friendly roommates. But really...I'm grumpy cuz I don't have my own space, he's grumpy cuz he doesn't have his own space. I thought it was the perfect solution, but he doesn't like it.
                                I have my own space...it's my little tiny closet sized office. But I have to agree that sleeping together is a good thing. It does take some getting used to, but eventually the touching won't wake you. Hell, we have to bash each other if someone is snoring to wake them up.

Comment

Working...
                                X