THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

UGH we FINALLY got a night off together to see a movie. I really, really want to see Inside Llewyn Davis and it's playing in English at a theater near us. It's a really nice theater and quite affordable as well. It plays at 7:30 every day EXCEPT today, when it's showing the German-language premier of Sharknado. You know, because that many people want to see Sharknado in German (I guarantee you they do not). I could understand this at one of the big name chains, but this theater belongs to a small local chain of theaters that usually shows good movies.

The other theater playing it in English shows it too early.

The other one is too expensive.

I don't want to see it in German because something seems out of place about the German language in the 1960s Greenwich Village folk scene and also it's a music movie where people sing and I hate it when the voices don't match.

Comment

I have seen "Sharknado" it was a made for the SYFY channel and definitely not worth paying to see in English or German. SYFY channel even says that these movies it makes are slocky and just for fun mostly.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
        I have seen "Sharknado" it was a made for the SYFY channel and definitely not worth paying to see in English or German. SYFY channel even says that these movies it makes are slocky and just for fun mostly.
        Exactly. I think it was probably aired on SyFy here (which is a pay channel that few people have) and will be aired on TV for free sometime in the foreseeable future. I'm sure it's hilarious and fun to watch, but it's something that everyone is going to watch at home and giggle at.

Comment

I know it's not personal and that I shouldn't feel this way, but why the hell is it always about the depressed person, huh? What about ME? MY feelings, MY troubles, MY insecurities, MY need for love and affection? I don't know how much more I can fucking give without getting much in return. I'll not deny that I worry that breaking up would either bring sadness to him, or he wouldn't care a bit. I also don't know if I can live here anymore but I don't know where the fuck to go since I'm unemployed.

I'm fucking drowning today. Blub blub
          No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
            I know it's not personal and that I shouldn't feel this way, but why the hell is it always about the depressed person, huh? What about ME? MY feelings, MY troubles, MY insecurities, MY need for love and affection? I don't know how much more I can fucking give without getting much in return. I'll not deny that I worry that breaking up would either bring sadness to him, or he wouldn't care a bit. I also don't know if I can live here anymore but I don't know where the fuck to go since I'm unemployed.

I hate that feeling....I recommend just saying f-it for a few days. Let him deal with his mess. Pretend you're single for a bit. Don't worry about his BS.

Comment

*mega gurlfriend hugs* I'm so sorry things are shit for you today. If you need an ear, hit me up with a PM any time

Comment

*hugs*

I'm sorry chickie. I'm with Rowanwood, in giving it a few days...even a week or two. But, at that point (or during that time), you are going to have to figure out what you can live with (and if you decide that the only thing keeping you there *is* your unemployment status, then you need to figure out what to do about it...and if that is the case, let me know, we can talk)
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

I think RW hit it on the head.

I'm sorry you're dealing with that.
                  "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

...and now my mom is in the hospital after potentially ripping her ACL.

It's a good thing that I'm unemployed so that I can go stay with her and make sure she stays off of her leg. I sent the BF a text letting him know. No reply. Feeling awfully supported.

You guys are better to me than my roommates and BF. Thanks for all your support and help.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, never mind. He replied with "Ok. Hopefully it isn't too serious."

For some reason, this still isn't good enough and I'm going to stop talking about it before I work myself into a frenzy.
                    No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

I hope your mom is ok, and I'm sorry things aren't going well with your BF *hugs*

Comment

...and now my mom is in the hospital after potentially ripping her ACL.

It's a good thing that I'm unemployed so that I can go stay with her and make sure she stays off of her leg.
                        OH! That is way not a fun injury. I'll be sure to light a candle for her, and for you too...
                        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                        sigpic

Comment

I've too much familiarity with an avulsed ACL. But it was buried in a laundry list of other injuries... no helpful advice, there.

As a non-card-carrying member of the asshole club, otherwise known by the gender "male", I have nothing helpful to say, there, either. Other than the old cliche, "a woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle."

My rant: lack of sleep because of three horrific and loud monsters (commonly referred to as "kittens") having a little boisterous playtime. For several hours.

Why didn't we just get PICTURES of kittens, instead!?!? I want sleep. I NEED sleep!

Uhoh. What did they break out there, now?

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that Bjorn. I wish I had something more helpful to say than I hope your mother gets better soon. ACL stuff is painful and annoying you've got everyone here sending you all the support we can. Just do your best and it'll all end up okay
                            Circe

Comment

Asleep by 2 and awake by 4. Need I say more!?

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

ouch two hours of sleep sucks
                                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Working...
                                X