Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
    Or maybe vampirehood? It's less the flesh aspect and more the blood aspect. That iron-y taste is what does it. LOL.

In all seriousness, I'll take some of the iron tablets I have for a couple of days, and if it doesn't go away, I'll go to the doctor. It's not really good to take the iron pills for too long because they can make you have too much iron in your blood.
    I'm not a doctor, but who cares?

I have been told that a tablespoon of molasses every day (it's nice in coffee) is a good way of getting iron. Molasses is the vitamins and minerals they take out of sugar cane when they refine sugar.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post

Nah Oktoberfest is on through October at the German Club (and there are a few other German bars that do a mini one).

Schutzenfest is in like, January so we've missed this year's by a mile lol. Though Jan 2015 is just around the corner, I guess.
      Schutzenfest is fun. We went this year.
      ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
      Seen the desert and the birds
      You cut your hair short
      Like a shush to an insult
      The world had been yelling
      Since the day you were born
      Revolting with anger
      While it smiled like it was cute
      That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Diabetes rant #1221231566.

Did well today. Had breakfast burrito at 10am. Had lunch at 1:30 pm. By 6 pm I found myself shaking so bad I could not even get the test strips out of the tube to test my sugar. It was 85. I just made it to the gas station where I downed a bottle of Coke. I felt like I wanted to throw up on the bus. I was getting that agitated feeling. And I thought briefly of lying down in the parking lot because I didn't want to just faint and look dumb.

Full work shifts are just really hard on me. I feel feeble.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
          Diabetes rant #1221231566.

Did well today. Had breakfast burrito at 10am. Had lunch at 1:30 pm. By 6 pm I found myself shaking so bad I could not even get the test strips out of the tube to test my sugar. It was 85. I just made it to the gas station where I downed a bottle of Coke. I felt like I wanted to throw up on the bus. I was getting that agitated feeling. And I thought briefly of lying down in the parking lot because I didn't want to just faint and look dumb.

Full work shifts are just really hard on me. I feel feeble.
          I understand how u feel , when I was younger my moms diabetes was bad she has type two I think , but she used to be really bad , she had to monitor her blood sugar levels constantly , she tryed to work awhile until I was six but here varying health problems soon became an issue , but now she's lost weight eats healthy if not everyday and she is doing good , she told me that it can be passed down orEasyer to get diabetes if it runs in the family , so needless to say I try to keep myself from getting diabetes by eating right and staying active. But all I can really say is hang in there . And trust me u ain't feeble .
          Knowledge is the key to eternity. Not bowing before a deity not grovling at the feet of a messiah. Knowledge is power beyond mesure - satanic witch

Comment

Pharmaceutical patents and product-hopping.

'Nuff said.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post

What do you feed him on? If he poops before bed and is still going in the middle of the night he may need a diet change. Generally, 2 feeds a day should = 2 poops a day, maybe 3. If you're getting more than that then his food may be not agreeing with him or may be filled with fillers and crap that just goes straight through. Otherwise feeding him a bit earlier in the evening can help, but I know you have issues with getting home late so that may not be an option.
              He is currently underfed, so for a 70lbs dog, we are feeding him 5 cups a day. 2 cups morning/evening, and one cup at lunch. That will peter off to about 3.5/4 cups per day after his next vet visit. The vet figures he should be more in the 80-85lbs range. I would say he poops maybe 4 times a day?

It was below zero celcius today, so I kept him inside while I was at work. I was nervous about it, since he usually stays in the yard, but no poops during work hours (I came home at lunch and walked him). I came home after work and walked him quick and fed him, but he didn't poop on his walk. Then I went out. I came home an hour later from the film I was seeing than I thought I was going to (it went longer than I expected), and he had pooped on the floor again. He seems partial to the hallway carpet for some reason. I don't know if he has a hard time holding it in, or what the deal is, but if I don't get a regular lunch break, and if I don't take him for a proper walk before bed (RIGHT BEFORE BED), he poops. It probably happens like twice a week. He's perfect in every other way. But I'm tired of him pooping on the carpet. Why couldn't he poop downstairs, where we have laminate flooring? Or you know, not at all until he's outside?

Edit: I feed him a brand called Blue Buffalo. I don't feed my animals shitty food. My cat for most of his life has been eating $70/bag food, grain free, without fillers. My dog eats a slightly cheaper brand because he goes through 7kg every two weeks, but this is still good, healthy food.

Mostly art.

Comment

I cooked some chorizo con papas. And something tastes 'off'. I think it was the pan.
                I'm hungee
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                  He is currently underfed, so for a 70lbs dog, we are feeding him 5 cups a day. 2 cups morning/evening, and one cup at lunch. That will peter off to about 3.5/4 cups per day after his next vet visit. The vet figures he should be more in the 80-85lbs range. I would say he poops maybe 4 times a day?

It was below zero celcius today, so I kept him inside while I was at work. I was nervous about it, since he usually stays in the yard, but no poops during work hours (I came home at lunch and walked him). I came home after work and walked him quick and fed him, but he didn't poop on his walk. Then I went out. I came home an hour later from the film I was seeing than I thought I was going to (it went longer than I expected), and he had pooped on the floor again. He seems partial to the hallway carpet for some reason. I don't know if he has a hard time holding it in, or what the deal is, but if I don't get a regular lunch break, and if I don't take him for a proper walk before bed (RIGHT BEFORE BED), he poops. It probably happens like twice a week. He's perfect in every other way. But I'm tired of him pooping on the carpet. Why couldn't he poop downstairs, where we have laminate flooring? Or you know, not at all until he's outside?

Edit: I feed him a brand called Blue Buffalo. I don't feed my animals shitty food. My cat for most of his life has been eating $70/bag food, grain free, without fillers. My dog eats a slightly cheaper brand because he goes through 7kg every two weeks, but this is still good, healthy food.
                  I used to feed my dog Blue Buffalo. It made her poop more. And it made it a little on the runny side. Maybe try a different brand of food? Maybe your dog has a sensitive system like mine.

Comment

anti-virus full scans take forever
                    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

How can someone pepper-spray another person for no good reason and get away with it? I just watched a court case, where basically, this woman (the defendant) sprayed this man (the plaintiff) because he had startled her when she was going to use the gym that was in their apartment complex. The plaintiff had not acted threatening towards the defendant at all, he was just in the gym. She just freaked out over someone else being there (she thought she was alone) and pepper-sprayed him. He was suing her for lost wages and I think hospital bills since he had suffered an asthma attack because of it. The judge ruled in favor of the defendant! The judge felt the defendant had just cause in spraying him, even though he didn't do anything to make her feel she was in danger. What the heck?! Does that mean someone can pepper-spray me while I'm walking down the street, claim they were afraid I might do something, and get away with it? If I had been the plaintiff, I would filed charges with the police against her for assault and battery. I wonder how the judge would have ruled if the genders had been reversed? If it had been the woman who had been sprayed and the man had been the one to spray her? I doubt the judge would have bought the whole "I didn't know if I would be assaulted" defense then.

Sometimes I think judges have too much leeway in how they interpret cases.

Comment

Originally posted by Arella View Post
                        How can someone pepper-spray another person for no good reason and get away with it? I just watched a court case, where basically, this woman (the defendant) sprayed this man (the plaintiff) because he had startled her when she was going to use the gym that was in their apartment complex. The plaintiff had not acted threatening towards the defendant at all, he was just in the gym. She just freaked out over someone else being there (she thought she was alone) and pepper-sprayed him. He was suing her for lost wages and I think hospital bills since he had suffered an asthma attack because of it. The judge ruled in favor of the defendant! The judge felt the defendant had just cause in spraying him, even though he didn't do anything to make her feel she was in danger. What the heck?! Does that mean someone can pepper-spray me while I'm walking down the street, claim they were afraid I might do something, and get away with it? If I had been the plaintiff, I would filed charges with the police against her for assault and battery. I wonder how the judge would have ruled if the genders had been reversed? If it had been the woman who had been sprayed and the man had been the one to spray her? I doubt the judge would have bought the whole "I didn't know if I would be assaulted" defense then.

Sometimes I think judges have too much leeway in how they interpret cases.
                        That really sucks. That women totally doesn't seem to have self control. What sucks more, is that she got away with it. I know many people might say: "She freaked out and lost control", but this is not an excuse.
                        "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
                          That really sucks. That women totally doesn't seem to have self control. What sucks more, is that she got away with it. I know many people might say: "She freaked out and lost control", but this is not an excuse.
                          Exactly, Gleb. I mean, really, he had asthma. He could have died from that.

Comment

Its a two sided coin if a person stops a mugger from robbing by assualting him and tells the police that they didnt fear for their life. They can be charged with assualt straight outta a police officers mouth. If you didnt feel threaten you shouldnt of needed to defend yourself.

His word vs hers unless they have witnesses.

Comment

Originally posted by loststarshine View Post
                              If you didnt feel threaten you shouldnt of needed to defend yourself.
                              I'm pretty sure that defense of property is a justifiable use of force, because I've gone to court over that very thing. It might vary state by state though, I only know about my experiences with it.
                              Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

It could very state to state I remember the school police officer telling us about cases that it happened. Some states if a robbery breaks into your home you shoot him and he lands outside your home you could face charges.

At the same time a purple tire hanging on a fence is a shoot on site tresspassing warning.

- - - Updated - - -

A person grabs a book out of your hand flips you off can be considered as armed robbery. Outta the mouth of a retired police chef. My cousin faced a felony charge for hitting the pizza guy and taking his pizza. Felony charge for a 20 dollar pizza.

A minor at the time was caught looking at a women standing naked infront of a curtainless window. He walked by saw her stopped and looked the women saw him. He must register as a sex offender....

A women I know got in a car drunk ran over her mother walked away no jail time no charges. The womens mother had to go through surgery and rehab. Her daught faced no penalties

All in how they interpert the law and the DAs mood.

A man beats his wife leaves her naked in a ditch he got 30 days in county. Another man brutalizes his wife she spends 6 months in icu another 6 months in the hospital out of icu. He gets three months and he had prior dv charges.

Where the judicial logic is I am missing it. Judicial branch like law enforcement needs some reform.

Comment

Working...
                                X