Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

What the hell am I doing awake?!?!

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
      Just had an earthquake.

dafuq.
      Bad?

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
        What the hell am I doing awake?!?!

Bad?
        Nah. 4.4 out of Fontana. But I did feel a noticeable sway. Then I jumped out of my chair and stood and was gonna slide down the stairs. Then I stopped. I have this panic thing that makes me want to run for the outside. I was stuck in a bad earthquake on an anniversary weekend in Santa Monica years ago. Our hotel got crunched and the door bent in on us and we had to sleep by the shore. Was traumatizing. But I've learned to take a breath and try not to freak out. But to this day I have my purse with a flashlight next to my bed and my tennis shoes. Always. I can run and grab in a second!

Comment

Nah. 4.4 out of Fontana. But I did feel a noticeable sway. Then I jumped out of my chair and stood and was gonna slide down the stairs. Then I stopped. I have this panic thing that makes me want to run for the outside. I was stuck in a bad earthquake on an anniversary weekend in Santa Monica years ago. Our hotel got crunched and the door bent in on us and we had to sleep by the shore. Was traumatizing. But I've learned to take a breath and try not to freak out. But to this day I have my purse with a flashlight next to my bed and my tennis shoes. Always. I can run and grab in a second!

I can totally understand that! Living here, I deal with the occasional tornado or blizzard and have very few experiences -none of them bad or remotely frightening - with the ground moving beneath me. Also, I think, though, that 4.4 is still enough to be unnerving, even if it doesn't drop buildings, collapse bridges, or anything major, like that.

You know? I need to go hang out on the west coast, there, to get a better perspective. Studying seismology and watching documentaries only goes so far. Does that mean there's something wrong with me?

Or that I need to find a hobby? LOL

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

If it's not a 5 we don't even post it on the news. Sadly these occur all night and day. :=L:

Comment

We have constant earthquakes too. I live about 60km from a fault line. Nothing huge usually though, just tiny rumblings every few days, things you can hardly feel. Had a 3.0 the other night, but I didn't feel it.

I don't like being away from here

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and there is a seismograph in the shop in town - very cool!
              ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
              Seen the desert and the birds
              You cut your hair short
              Like a shush to an insult
              The world had been yelling
              Since the day you were born
              Revolting with anger
              While it smiled like it was cute
              That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

The broader convesation of parenting and privacy and privelege has been separated as a thread here: http://www.paganforum.com/showthread.php?7378-Privacy
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

She ^ rocks, doesn't she?

Thal, you need a superhero outfit!

Comment

If it's not a 5 we don't even post it on the news. Sadly these occur all night and day. :=L:
                    I lived in Japan for 6.5 years and we got the same. Unless it was 5 or higher or generated a tidal wave it wasn't even remarked on. Yet it seemed we were always rocking and rolling all the time. After a while you didn't even notice the smaller ones though it was sort of interesting to watch the parked cars lurch side to side as the waves came rolling in. Like being on a roller coaster at times or a water bed even though you didn't have one. We lived in a single story house so it wasn't to bad but the high rises near us used to sway with them which made you uneasy when you were near them.
                    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Apparently it did do some damage near the epicenter. Finally it hit the news. Woo hoo! I was awake for one!

Comment

Just got back from the doctor, was worried about a GI bleed because I had black stool and stomach pain.

Turns out that both of those things are a perfectly normal consequence of having a diet high in beef jerky and pepto-bismol. So, basically, I spent like half of my food money to learn that I should eat better...
                        Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
                          Just got back from the doctor, was worried about a GI bleed because I had black stool and stomach pain.

Turns out that both of those things are a perfectly normal consequence of having a diet high in beef jerky and pepto-bismol. So, basically, I spent like half of my food money to learn that I should eat better...
                          At least you don't need to waste your food money on medical bills!
                          No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

The people at work really irk me sometimes. To wit, I work for a janitorial company but at the local Target, where I clean the floors, food ave, empty the trash, and so forth. Target has its own workers there through the night stocking shelves, where they and their carts full of inventory frequently get in our way as we struggle to sweep, scrub and buff the floors. Some of them are very polite and move their things for us as we pass through, but some of them just stand there like they can't see or hear the big, loud equipment coming right at them. Sometimes I have to ask them to move and it makes me feel like an ass; sometimes I just go around them, and then they move...sometimes, just in time for me to leave a Target person-shaped mark on the floor.

Tonight this one girl, who has the smell of bad attitude just wafting off of her, was standing in a main aisle as I was buffing. I go right at her with it, hoping she'll move, but she doesn't. I go around her, getting as close as I can without taking off her heels, and the machine blows air up her pants. She didn't like that very much...I said, "I'm sorry, excuse me," but what I really wanted to say was, "Maybe that'll teach you to get out of my way, you stupid _____."

It doesn't help that we work twice as hard as they do but get paid two bucks less.
                            Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                            -Erik Erikson

Comment

Apparently, her pants needed cleaning too?

Comment

Guy shot up the Grocery store in my hometown and murdered two women. He was holding a gun to the manager's head taunting him when the police arrived and took him down. Just....
                                hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Working...
                                X