Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
    Here, we just put it down by the street with a sign that says "do not steal."

It's gone in less than 20 minutes.

Haha that reminds me of the Simpsons, where they got rid of their trampoline by putting a bike lock on it.

I leave stuff on the street too (it's common practice here), but it's kind of damp out and I didn't want it to get wrecked.

Comment

I have just woken up, completely covered in disgusting, sticky, sweat, from being under the covers. I want to get up, except it is freezing. Compounded on by the fact that I'm sweaty. I just want to be warm and comfy.
      ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
      Seen the desert and the birds
      You cut your hair short
      Like a shush to an insult
      The world had been yelling
      Since the day you were born
      Revolting with anger
      While it smiled like it was cute
      That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
        ....whatd you spill on it. ..!!??
        Any number of crumbs. I regularly spray compressed air on the keyboard and tip it sideways. It's horrid. I admit it. I wish I could pry the keys off. But I don't think you can do that on a laptop. Can you?
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
          Any number of crumbs. I regularly spray compressed air on the keyboard and tip it sideways. It's horrid. I admit it. I wish I could pry the keys off. But I don't think you can do that on a laptop. Can you?
          I'm inclined to advise against it but I've never tried it. The board itself is possibly replaceable but I've never tried to get a new keyboard as a private citizen. I had a supervisor put in the request to the company and I just handled replacements when it came the part came in.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

A high school near where I used to live is canceling the rest of the football season over hazing. I hope the bullies/pervs get the book thrown at them. It's disgusting. What is happening to humanity?http://www.nj.com/middlesex/index.ss...in_hazing.html
            sigpic
            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Usually I spill liquids. Sticky, liquids.

RIP

You cut your hair short
              Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

It depends on the laptop.

When I was having trouble with one (lost keys), I did an internet search for the particular model and repairing the keyboard. I was actually able to buy a replacement keyboard for it from eBay for $10, removed a couple of screws and installed it - in about 10 minutes (very easy!).
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Used to be you could use a key puller,to pull individual keys off and clean them,My old IBM keyboard(about 5 lbs.) has those old style keys. You can still buy those old style keyboards,but not cheap. As seen here.
                  http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_4xvqjd6mta_b

Probably these days you would need an adapter for usb.

MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I use a spoon or the tip of a butter knife to pop my keys off of the keyboard. I'll use a q-tip and some cleaner to clean between the key spaces on the board itself, and wash the keys in a bowl of warm dish soap water and try them thoroughly before putting them back again. You just have to be careful with bigger buttons like Shift, Space, Crtl, Enter, Backspace, etc. They usually have a spring under them because they need more support to bounce back up unlike the smaller letter and number keys. Also, you may want to make sure you unplug your keyboard from the computer (if it's a PC) or lock/shut down your laptop otherwise, you can do some weird stuff with your machine.... I figured out some weird things, like turning my display upside down or sideways like they use a lot for legal documents.

I have a bad habit of eating at the computer and weird stuff gets stuck sometimes... Also, I'm not OCD about keeping my keyboard spotless between cleanings, so when the compressed air doesn't work anymore, it's wash day.
                    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                    Sneak Attack
                    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I can't sleep.

Insomnia is noy on my list of issues, so I don't know whats up.

I was oversleeping, needing naps etc last term, pills helped with that a bit.

Then beginning of this week, regular loverly holidays, up at a decent hour, happily, got stuff done, but around the late arvo/evening, would crash out. Need a desperate nap. The worse one was 3 hours, and if I was woken before I had recharged I was a grouchy bitch. Usually the nights were marginally later then, but I could sleep ok.

Then hubby went back to work, and I gots the sleep ins... yay! So sleep in, till like 10 on Thursday.

Could. Not. Sleep. That. Night.

Vast contrast to Tuesdays 3 hour afternoon nap. Friday got a sleep in. Longer this time, I figure partly because I couldn't sleep the night before. Another sleepless night. Another sleep in Saturday.

I have not been able to sleep the past two nights either. I was in bed at 11 tonight, lights out, sleep time. Its not after midnight and I'm wide awake.

This isn't fair. I have to go to work tomorrow.

How in bajezez name can my sleep patterns be so f'ed in just this week?! I need to be back in routines tomorrow (well today now).

Just,,,, arrrrggghhh. I'm wide awake. And singing a song, and working out the solfege for it. I can hardly do this in day timez. Why am I doings it nows?!?!?!?!?!?!

RIP

You cut your hair short
                      Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Man, I am in a BAD MOOD today. Everything and everyone is annoying the crap out of me. Why do people suck so much? Why are people so impatient about everything? OK, so I didn't edit texts or ship out stuff I sold on eBay (for which I specifically stated a 7 day period for shipping stuff off) over the freaking weekend. It's the WEEKEND. Why are we expected to do everything bloody immediately? Learn to wait, thank whatever you pray to that things are already a lot faster than they were 10 years ago, and check your privilege.

No, I'm not PMSing. I'm just cranky.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                          Man, I am in a BAD MOOD today. Everything and everyone is annoying the crap out of me. Why do people suck so much? Why are people so impatient about everything? OK, so I didn't edit texts or ship out stuff I sold on eBay (for which I specifically stated a 7 day period for shipping stuff off) over the freaking weekend. It's the WEEKEND. Why are we expected to do everything bloody immediately? Learn to wait, thank whatever you pray to that things are already a lot faster than they were 10 years ago, and check your privilege.

No, I'm not PMSing. I'm just cranky.
                          People suck. Now go eat some jam!!!!!

RIP

You cut your hair short
                          Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Why are we expected to do everything bloody immediately? Learn to wait, thank whatever you pray to that things are already a lot faster than they were 10 years ago, and check your privilege.
                            I blame poloroid cameras.
                            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                              People suck. Now go eat some jam!!!!!
                              Actually, getting your jam cheered me up a lot!

Comment

Actually, getting your jam cheered me up a lot!
                                Getting gifta is awesome

RIP

You cut your hair short
                                Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment