THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

I actually have a headache with the pain in my upper jaw!! I hate wisdom teeth... Grr.
    "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

[quote author=FantasyWitch link=topic=8.msg15739#msg15739 date=1290372477]
      I actually have a headache with the pain in my upper jaw!! I hate wisdom teeth... Grr.
      [/quote]

I had all four of mine removed when I was just a little older than you. They suck. Is it all four causing a bother, or just a couple of them? When I had wisdom teeth, they ALL decided to grow in sideways AT THE SAME TIME. I actually had to be put under to get them removed, and I had stitches in my mouth and looked like a chipmunk for a week.

Also, it was excrutiating afterwards.

Mostly art.

Comment

[quote author=volcaniclastic link=topic=8.msg15740#msg15740 date=1290372578]
        I had all four of mine removed when I was just a little older than you. They suck. Is it all four causing a bother, or just a couple of them? When I had wisdom teeth, they ALL decided to grow in sideways AT THE SAME TIME. I actually had to be put under to get them removed, and I had stitches in my mouth and looked like a chipmunk for a week.

Also, it was excrutiating afterwards.
        [/quote]

Just my top ones, they are growing in just now. It hurts AHHH! X
        "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

I'm a bit jacked from seeing my name in so many threads. I keep thinking somebody started yet another thread (because they keep appearing in my unreads) about me.

So, I'm like, "WTF?! What'd I do this time?"

Is it paranoia? Petty? I don't know but it is disconcerting: Chain this, Chain that...

/facepalm

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

[quote author=ChainLightning link=topic=8.msg15744#msg15744 date=1290373176]
            I'm a bit jacked from seeing my name in so many threads. I keep thinking somebody started yet another thread (because they keep appearing in my unreads) about me.

So, I'm like, "WTF?! What'd I do this time?"

Is it paranoia? Petty? I don't know but it is disconcerting: Chain this, Chain that...

/facepalm
            [/quote]

Either you are delusional or I am blind. Where are these posts?! Lemme seeeeee
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

[quote author=Medusa link=topic=8.msg15755#msg15755 date=1290377339]
              Either you are delusional or I am blind. Where are these posts?! Lemme seeeeee
              [/quote]

It's just the two but every time there's a new post, the thread shows up again. And every time I see one show up? My heart skips a beat.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

The batteries in my MagicMouse died... so I am using my Logitech Cordless Wave Laser... I used to LOVE this mouse... but I am sorely missing my MagicMouse...

It is amazing how ingrained the touch and swipe controls have become... I keep trying to use them on the Logitech... it no worky.

Item #1 for tomorrow's to-do list... go to store and get batteries.

-------------

Oh... almost forgot:
                I haven't had time to wash my car since I bought it, and the lady that I bought it from hadn't washed it in a while either (she is a widow and couldn't afford to do anything with it when she had to quit driving it).
                So... I took my car to be washed today.
                I went to the place that everyone raves is the best place to go.
                I payed for "The Works" (set me back $40)... supposed to cover undercarriage, full body wax and topcoat, wheel and tire wash and full interior detail.

When I picked it up, the windows were still dirty, there were streaks and runs in the wax and top-coat, there is still brake-dust on the wheels, the interior looks like they spit on a rag and threw it around on the dash, and called it clean.

I complained, and the manager claimed that he couldn't see what I was talking about. THERE WAS STILL DIRT ON THE DASH!!! I even asked him to hand me a white rag, and I wiped it across the dash, and showed him that it was now brown... he still claimed that I was being overly picky.

So... I spent 3 hours of my Sunday afternoon cleaning my car AFTER paying to have it professionally done... needless to say, I won't be revisiting that establishment... and I will tell everyone I know.

If you are ever in Harlingen, TX, and need to get your car washed, DO NOT go to Carwash Carwash. It isn't worth $0.40, much less $40.00.

That is all.
                "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

[quote author=ChainLightning link=topic=8.msg15762#msg15762 date=1290378425]
                  It's just the two but every time there's a new post, the thread shows up again. And every time I see one show up? My heart skips a beat.

[/quote]
                  Ahh ok. Yeah, I keep thinking the same thing. Or that it's your thread in the 'secret spy sectionz'

Ok. TMI train...here we go.

It's a known FACT (and don't you DARE say otherwise) that while a woman is on her 'special time' she craves foods that should not work in combination with each other. While spicy chicarones with cream cheese sounds great. Eating them with black olives and some lemon pepper chili.....wait..before that eating spicy asian noodle soup from the dollar store with limes and a banana...and dipping flaming hot cheetoh puffs in the broth of said soup......where was i?

I has a tummy ache! :-\

bad >
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

[quote author=Medusa link=topic=8.msg15933#msg15933 date=1290419204]
                    Ahh ok. Yeah, I keep thinking the same thing. Or that it's your thread in the 'secret spy sectionz'

Ok. TMI train...here we go.

It's a known FACT (and don't you DARE say otherwise) that while a woman is on her 'special time' she craves foods that should not work in combination with each other. While spicy chicarones with cream cheese sounds great. Eating them with black olives and some lemon pepper chili.....wait..before that eating spicy asian noodle soup from the dollar store with limes and a banana...and dipping flaming hot cheetoh puffs in the broth of said soup......where was i?

I has a tummy ache! :-\

bad >
                    [/quote]

And suddenly, my dead MagicMouse and my unclean car seem trivial...

Way to crap on my rants, Medusa.

My new rant is that Medusa negated my previous rants.

Everyone join me in glaring, menacingly, at Medusa.

Comment

[quote author=Almost_lost link=topic=8.msg15261#msg15261 date=1290271447]So fucking pissed off.[/quote]

If this was in response to me... I am sorry. I was out of line.

See my posts elsewhere, but I was in a bad place, and, frankly, I shouldn't have been posting.

I'm sorry for attacking you.

Comment

[quote author=LiadanWillows link=topic=8.msg15182#msg15182 date=1290259184]I love my hicktown. I left once when I was in college, so I feel your pain. So maybe it is time for a vacation?[/quote]

Actually, that is the root of my rant... I can't go home for the holidays.

I don't mean to repeat the lament, but I have taken so much time off from work this year, that I don't have any time-off left... so I can't go home to see my family for the holidays.

And I miss Hicktown, TX.

Comment

Holy caats, TS!

I *was* going to join in and glare at Medusa, with you, but after seeing the triple post, here? I have someone else to glare at.

Not like it does any good, of course, in a WRITTEN medium. But that's all I've got for a rant, just now.

/pathetic glare

Comment

[quote author=ChainLightning link=topic=8.msg15956#msg15956 date=1290426011]
                            Holy caats, TS!

I *was* going to join in and glare at Medusa, with you, but after seeing the triple post, here? I have someone else to glare at.

Not like it does any good, of course, in a WRITTEN medium. But that's all I've got for a rant, just now.

/pathetic glare
                            [/quote]

Yea, I'm too impatient to wait for someone else to post, and too lazy to modify my previous post...

I'm a horrible person.

And sleepy.

Comment

Did you know that men have a biological clock as well? I didn't either until about ten minutes ago when a female student about my age informed my professor she had missed a day because she found out she was pregnant and my balls were like "get your ass in gear, motherf**ker!" and I got into a mental augment with them until I finally shouted them down by threatening to have them snipped. It might also just be the extreme sleep deprivation, though, who knows...
                              "Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others."
                              -Thomas Jefferson

Let a man never stir on his road a step
                              without his weapons of war;
                              for unsure is the knowing when the need shall arise
                              of a spear on the way without.
                              -

Comment

[quote author=Thjoth link=topic=8.msg16018#msg16018 date=1290442194]
                                Did you know that men have a biological clock as well? I didn't either until about ten minutes ago when a female student about my age informed my professor she had missed a day because she found out she was pregnant and my balls were like "get your ass in gear, motherf**ker!" and I got into a mental augment with them until I finally shouted them down by threatening to have them snipped. It might also just be the extreme sleep deprivation, though, who knows...
                                [/quote]

That made me laugh enough to forget I was going to rant at all.

Mostly art.

Comment

Working...
                                X