THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

There is nothing quite like waking up in the morning and discovering that your house is on fire!

Fortunately, I was able to put it out.

One of the cats pissed on an extension cord, and it was flaming.

Good thing I was home, or it would have been very, very bad.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
      There is nothing quite like waking up in the morning and discovering that your house is on fire!

I'm glad everything is ok and you caught it before it got out of hand. Yet I am curious as to how a cat peeing on a cord caused a fire? The only time I've seen a cord burn is when it had to much on it and the cord got so hot it ignited because of it. We had an old electric heater that did that because of to much on the circuit and the cord was melting due to the heat.
      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Wow. Glad you are okay 0_0.
        hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

I'm also glad that it wasn't worse, B.

That's scary!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Holy...piss?

Glad you caught it.

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
              I'm glad everything is ok and you caught it before it got out of hand. Yet I am curious as to how a cat peeing on a cord caused a fire? The only time I've seen a cord burn is when it had to much on it and the cord got so hot it ignited because of it. We had an old electric heater that did that because of to much on the circuit and the cord was melting due to the heat.
              The pee shorted out the circuit, and the plastic cord was on fire. I jumped out of bed in my jamies (which I don't really wear) and stomped it out with my bare feet and hands, in a panic. There's now a huge scorch mark on the carpet, and running up the wall, and some slight burns on my foot. Fortunately, it's the foot with the warts, so I don't feel much

I'm going to sit back and see how much worse the day can get...
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

The pee shorted out the circuit, and the plastic cord was on fire. I jumped out of bed in my jamies (which I don't really wear) and stomped it out with my bare feet and hands, in a panic. There's now a huge scorch mark on the carpet, and running up the wall, and some slight burns on my foot. Fortunately, it's the foot with the warts, so I don't feel much

Hmm, now that could be possibly comparable to peeing on an electric fence. Especially if the cat got the plug fixture which shorts out the circuit. Hopefully your day doesn't get any worse. Stay warm cause I know its colder up there than the minus 10 we have down here.
                I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I don't think that's what the mean when they talk about 'burning off warts'

Hope you're ok!
                  The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

And,the weather channel mentions that the cold "Snap" will continue through the end of the month...Freaking cold even for Jersey in the winter.
                    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I'm sure I'm a terrible person, but I can't help but visualize this...and its pretty amusing.

- - - Updated - - -

Also yay?

* Wind chill values... 20 to 27 below zero. Wind chills will
                      recover slightly this afternoon... but will remain in the 10 to
                      20 below range.

*grumble*

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
                        I'm sure I'm a terrible person, but I can't help but visualize this...and its pretty amusing.
                        In your visualizations, please remember that I am well endowed.

Comment

Naturally

Comment

O_o

/10 character
                            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

My daughter got herself suspended from school today. I'm at my wits end. We're waiting for the children's hospital at Stanford to get back to us about arranging a behavior/psych evaluation, and it's taking forever.
                              Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Originally posted by Dez View Post
                                My daughter got herself suspended from school today. I'm at my wits end. We're waiting for the children's hospital at Stanford to get back to us about arranging a behavior/psych evaluation, and it's taking forever.
                                Oh no. What's been going on Dez?
                                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
                                X