• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
    TPM??

/10questionmarks
    TPM=ThePaganMafia

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Heh, not sure I ever interacted with him.
      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I'm here. 11pm. Getting ready to lick my IRS Federal return envelope. Gonna put it in my mail box in the morning. I am pretty sure I'm gonna get dinged or something. I really hope they just accept it.

Also I am going to be one day late in my state return. I read through all the penalties. I don't see anything for getting dinged when I'm actually getting a return. As if I care anymore.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
          I'm here. 11pm. Getting ready to lick my IRS Federal return envelope. Gonna put it in my mail box in the morning. I am pretty sure I'm gonna get dinged or something. I really hope they just accept it.

Also I am going to be one day late in my state return. I read through all the penalties. I don't see anything for getting dinged when I'm actually getting a return. As if I care anymore.

Yay! Mailed migraine; almost complete!

I's sorry you had your kitty fur ruffled with that crap. Wanna mouse?

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

As long as you do not owe money, you can turn in your federal taxes and still get a return up to 3 years after the fact. If you file more than 3 years after the fact and don't owe, you won't get your return back. If you owe, you need to file an extension and pay what you owe to avoid penalties for filing. If you owe and fail to file on time and file an extension, you can owe a penalty, interest, and the tax amount together.
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

I love the bullshit double standard when it comes to people playing video games. Guys? No one bats an eye when they get frustrated with a game and they start throwing a controller around. That's "normal" and people are just expected to deal with it.

I get frustrated with repeatedly dying in a game and give off a pissed off sigh and "you should just go play something else". -____- REALLY???
              Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
              Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Yorin View Post
                I love the bullshit double standard when it comes to people playing video games. Guys? No one bats an eye when they get frustrated with a game and they start throwing a controller around. That's "normal" and people are just expected to deal with it.

I get frustrated with repeatedly dying in a game and give off a pissed off sigh and "you should just go play something else". -____- REALLY???
                This is an across the line double standard though so it's worse. Our society considers aggressive behavior in males normal or even something to be encouraged. The whole "boys will be boys" thing and much higher rates of boys over girls in childhood sports being examples. In contrast females should be more submissive in their mannerisms. The difference comes from how society says we should express behavior. Males are supposed to be go getters, confident and passionate. Females are more emotional but it's not "lady like" to be angry. In general any aggressive behavior is considered much more normal in males than females. Not really a justification, in the animal world it's the females that are usually bigger, stronger and likely to eat you, but a possible explanation.
                Circe

Comment

Thanks guys. I feel much better now.

Then this happened. Last night I walked home from the bus stop as usual. I passed a box on the sidewalk and it smelled bad. Like rotten earth and garbage. Figured it was garbage next door since it was trash day. And it was dark so I couldn't see. Walked home today. Noticed the stench. Saw the box. The bottom was soaked wet. Got close and peered in. Apparently a big white fluffy kitty kat got killed on the road. Someone felt bad and put it in a box. It reeks of death. White fluffy kitty death.:='(:
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

White fluffy kitty death.
                    Crying now..... Poor kitty...
                    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

This is what I am ranting about:

"On April 16th, 2014, the Board of Education took official action to impose the final offer submitted to you. This will result in a 16.71% wage reduction for all days worked from that date forward, and will begin with the May 2, 2014 payroll. This reduction will continue until the conclusion of the 2014-2015 contract year, at which time the reduction will revert to 10%, which will become the permanent wage scale."

The language I use to rant about this is so foul that even I will not type it.

I am so very f'ing screwed. So very, very, very f'ing screwed.

If any of you ever imagine that you might want to become a teacher, here's my advice cut your f'ing wrists instead. It hurts less, and pays better.
                      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

That D.Be. sucks to the highest level I can imagine. I will also not rant out loud,but my brain will shout it to the heavens.
                        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

So many crazies out... Did someone forget to take the key out of the lock?
                          In answer to the question of why it happened, I offer the modest proposal that our Universe is simply one of those things which happen from time to time. ~~ Edward P. Tryon

Comment

PSA: Immature male MMORPG gamers possess immunity to sarcasm. It is futile to utilise this weapon against them.
                            Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                              This is what I am ranting about:

"On April 16th, 2014, the Board of Education took official action to impose the final offer submitted to you. This will result in a 16.71% wage reduction for all days worked from that date forward, and will begin with the May 2, 2014 payroll. This reduction will continue until the conclusion of the 2014-2015 contract year, at which time the reduction will revert to 10%, which will become the permanent wage scale."

The language I use to rant about this is so foul that even I will not type it.

I am so very f'ing screwed. So very, very, very f'ing screwed.

If any of you ever imagine that you might want to become a teacher, here's my advice cut your f'ing wrists instead. It hurts less, and pays better.
                              Wow, I didn't even know it was legal to reduce an income by that much. o.0 That's horrible.

Comment

We've only been together 3 weeks and now he suddenly feels like standing me up and cheating on me... Bitch, you better have a pony when you show up today to apologize.
                                A Happy Little Wiccan:^^:

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Because who needs a life when you have a chatroom.

Comment

Working...
                                X