THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

I seriously need to find a quiet place in my area, or it may not end well... Both for me and the surrounding people.
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Could people not use holidays to get all their shopping in? Please. I'd like to kill the retail logic of "everyone else is off, SELL!!!!!!" Retail is tiresome enough when corporations aren't telling holidays to go die in a fire because there's selling to do.
      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I hate ignorant asshats that possess absolutely no inkling of how to join a community... and proceed to join communities, regardless.

Whether it's posting preposterous claims or posting contradictory self-realizations and inflammatory beliefs, it amounts to the exact same $#!t: trolling. Any attempt to disrupt a community is purely a troll at work. Why, oh, why am I faced with such imbeciles, that continually try my patience? At least REAL trolls are amusing. These wannabe trolls are just simply annoying as all get out.

Can't we open a culling, a hunting season, on the f***ers?!?!

Yo'! Tardos! Your villages called. They want their idiots back!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

if one more christian tells me my beliefs are wrong quotes the bible on me are calls me a rebelious teenager for having my beliefs im gonna get asault charges. i had a guy on the net get his credited information on my religion from the bible and told me how it says to burn a witch. omg im tired of those people
          Knowledge is the key to eternity. Not bowing before a deity not grovling at the feet of a messiah. Knowledge is power beyond mesure - satanic witch

Comment

I need to stop reading comments on YouTube on religious-themed videos. There's always at least one ignorant dumbass saying "Jesus loves you, he is our savior" or in the case of the actual comment, read: "Jesus loves you, he is are savoir." So he's French now? Seriously though, I hate all this ignorance in the world. The people who say that only do so because they're indoctrinated and have no hope of escape. They should shut up if they know what's good for them. Why did this comment tip me over the edge? Because I'm angry anyway! It's Easter Weekend with my family of Christians who don't know I'm pagan AND instead of doing cool things to avoid conflict, I'm frikkin working! MaskedOne, I sympathize with you: retail should die in fire! Especially graveyard shift.

Comment

Being intolerant against Christians is making the same error as they are making. I understand your anger because I experience it too, I've been having some bad experiences, mostly with my father and people who refuse to believe my religion is "real"; but I struggle to not let this take over my mind.

Comment

I'm not intolerant of Christianity or Christians. I'm intolerant of people who don't analyze what they believe, regardless of religion. Anyone who needs to be spoon-fed what to think has something wrong with them, in my opinion.
                Last edited by Hekla; 18 Apr 2014, 22:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Ektor View Post
                  Being intolerant against Christians is making the same error as they are making. I understand your anger because I experience it too, I've been having some bad experiences, mostly with my father and people who refuse to believe my religion is "real"; but I struggle to not let this take over my mind.
                  no see im tolerant of all religions right up until you start using it to either tell me im wrong or try the jesus loves you and died for you conversion retoric , then i politly ask for them to stop and i dont believe in there god and if they keep at it then i become unpleasant to deal with . and sorry your family is like that.
                  Knowledge is the key to eternity. Not bowing before a deity not grovling at the feet of a messiah. Knowledge is power beyond mesure - satanic witch

Comment

I decided to manually change my passwords. I am only half way done. I give up. Goodnight!
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

After more than a quarter of a century of Paganism, I find that I'm far more tolerant of other religions' follower than I am of Pagans. Well... the devout haters, the victimization claimants, and anyone attached to promoting or passing along "the burning times" as real history (namely, in terms of "my great great great great whatever was one of the witches burned-at-the-stake in the great Salem massacre) and worse than the Holocaust (anywhere from 13 to 30 million witches, burned alive? Seriously???).

To me, it's no wonder that Paganism (sic) et al. isn't taken seriously by so many.

And, I'm not exactly sure why that bothers me oh, so much more than "Jesus loves you" other than the "Jesus loves you" rhetoric being as typically benign as "Merry Christmas" and nearly as well-meaning.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I'm just intolerant of people in general.....I much prefer the company of books and art supplies over people any day
                        Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                        Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Yorin View Post
                          I'm just intolerant of people in general.....I much prefer the company of books and art supplies over people any day
                          Amen. People wonder why I don't leave my house, or even my room most days.
                          Circe

Comment

It makes me happy that the people who try to convince me (or anyone else) that Christianity and Jesus is the way to go doesn't even create a blip on my radar anymore.

I've been looking through grad programs and the resources required and all that jazz, and it's basically come down to the fact that I don't have the resources (money or support) to pursue anything right now. Nor do I have the support to dig into the career I originally planned for myself 9 years ago. -.- Oh well.

Comment

Half an hour ago, I have been told that I have 4 exams one after another this week. I thought there was only one! -_-
                              1. Poetry --> 2. Maths --> 3. Torah (Jewish bible) --> 4. Java

It sucks. :upset:
                              "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I'm so bothered right now. Mom was just saying how she needs to cut back on groceries because things are too expensive, how she's negative (again) in her checking account, so tonight she's using her last bit of cash to buy cheap wine. The best part? she's too drunk to get it herself right now so she asked her son's friend to go get it. The only one who agreed happens to be one mom has a restraining order against. And she's "allowing her to buy her wine". I'm just URGH I can't even complain either. She'll say she's entitled to her wine, dad will say he can't do anything about it, other members of the family will pretend she doesn't have a problem.
                                Circe

Comment

Working...
                                X