Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

[quote author=Medusa link=topic=8.msg16635#msg16635 date=1290555705]
    (I picked up a small Dirt Devil stick vacuum for $19.99) It does the job. I just have to vacuum maybe every other day if I want to not break it.

Ok. Saw the Orthopedist today. Got my feet molded for new inserts. And..I was given these nifty contraptions to sleep with (for quite some damned time I have come to find out) on both feet. It takes me five minutes to put ONE on. And I get up and go to the bathroom often. PLUS I move around in bed. Now I can just sleep on my back. No movement. I am giving them a few days of wearing and then gonna try to do just like 2 days a week or something. They are supposed to stretch my calf muscles. I REALLY REALLY DO NO LIKEE! > >
    [/quote]

I have really tight calves, and have to do serious stretching...I have found this article to be helpful, in terms of stretching exercises you can do---just make sure you do them slow, and you hold the stretch and repeat. Especially with you on your feet at work so much...
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Some are similar to what the doc showed me. He showed me a nifty one to do while at work and against a wall etc. I was sort of doing them wrong by bouncing and not proper foot placement. And I do the golf ball thing while I am here on the computer. But I have a tear in my heel. So I have to wear this thing to stretch the muscle while I sleep. Totally fing sucks. And he said after 3 days it's going to feel worse! He said like someone was punching me in the calves. Great.

Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

[quote author=Juniper link=topic=8.msg16271#msg16271 date=1290474047]I need batteries, too. But for a different purpose.[/quote]

I gots meself some new batteries... wanna come visit?
        "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

[quote author=ThorsSon link=topic=8.msg16723#msg16723 date=1290587514]
          I gots meself some new batteries... wanna come visit?
          [/quote]

Mmmmaaaaayyyyybbbbeeee.
          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
          Sneak Attack
          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Argh!!!!!

I forgot to pay my student loans on Monday, and NOW their office is CLOSED due to inclement weather...and won't be open tomorrow because of god damned turkey day. I can't pay online because I'm trying to get my account in good standing. So now I'm screwed. If they count it as past due come friday it'll erase months of trying to pay on time, and we won't get a tax return come April. How stupid do I have to be.

*cries*
            Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

[quote author=Deseret link=topic=8.msg16817#msg16817 date=1290612515]
              Argh!!!!!

I forgot to pay my student loans on Monday, and NOW their office is CLOSED due to inclement weather...and won't be open tomorrow because of god damned turkey day. I can't pay online because I'm trying to get my account in good standing. So now I'm screwed. If they count it as past due come friday it'll erase months of trying to pay on time, and we won't get a tax return come April. How stupid do I have to be.

*cries*
              [/quote]

[Simple Country Heathen Man]
              Why the Hel wouldn't they understand that the holidays slow things down?
              [/Simple Country Heathen Man]

[Simple County Heathen Man Who Now Understands How It Works]
              Who do I need to kill, in the face, twice, to make "them" understand that the holidays slow things down?
              [Simple Country Heathen Man Who Now Understands How It Works]
              "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Hehe...thanks, TS.

I just really, really hope that months of effort aren't ruined simply because I forgot. Hell, L even reminded me on Monday :P I feel so dumb right now I can hardly stand it. We need that tax return so bad, too. I don't know what I'll tell L.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that you will be fine making the payment on Monday

Comment

[quote author=Amber link=topic=8.msg16918#msg16918 date=1290629375]
                    I'm pretty sure that you will be fine making the payment on Monday
                    [/quote]

I'm much less stressed about it now.

Ironically enough, partially because L got in a small fender-bender on the way home, and so my news wasn't the worst thing going on. He's fine--the car has some surface damage to the front, but nothing terribly serious. Ripped the Toyota emblem right off, though.

*fingers crossed it's ok on Saturday*

Comment

I love how a certain somebody is cocky and acts like he KNOWS everything when he doesn't have a clue. Just because you heard something from somebody does not make it fact, and just because you read something once does not make you an expert! Learn some respect for those who have come before you and are the true experts.
                      sigpic

Comment

[quote author=LiadanWillows link=topic=8.msg17460#msg17460 date=1290772196]
                        I love how a certain somebody is cocky and acts like he KNOWS everything when he doesn't have a clue. Just because you heard something from somebody does not make it fact, and just because you read something once does not make you an expert! Learn some respect for those who have come before you and are the true experts.
                        [/quote]

Uh oh. Did I unwittingly open my mouth in another thread where I should have remained absent?

Damn this sometimers! It's turning into alltimers more and more, everyday. I can't keep track, anymore, of everything I am not an expert in/on.

Huh... it'd be SO much easier to try and list all the things where I AM an expert:
                        1.)...

That was a short list.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I hate financial aid. Why on earth did I bother with college?
                          my etsy store
                          My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                          surrounded by plush, downy things,
                          ill prepared, but willing,
                          to descend."

Comment

[quote author=ChainLightning link=topic=8.msg17467#msg17467 date=1290779783]
                            Uh oh. Did I unwittingly open my mouth in another thread where I should have remained absent?

Damn this sometimers! It's turning into alltimers more and more, everyday. I can't keep track, anymore, of everything I am not an expert in/on.

Huh... it'd be SO much easier to try and list all the things where I AM an expert:
                            1.)...

That was a short list.
                            [/quote]

Not you Chain! At least not this time :P No this was someone not even on the forum AKA Dad...
                            sigpic

Comment

Insomniaaaaaa!!!
                              The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I'm so fucking pissed off. I'm tired of dealing with all this bookmark bullshit - I have had Chrome Sync come to rescue and then promptly destroy all of my bookmark backups. SDFO(UEP)W@#(FD I JUST FIXED THIS!!!

HEAD

DESK.

dammit.

Comment

Working...
                                X