Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
    My teenager babysitter is "in love" and "wants to get married" to the boy she just met last week (apparently he proposed). She also wants him to come and help babysit.

Fuck no.

Wow. Having married my HS sweetheart, I have no problem with highschoolers being in semi-serious relationships. But damn that's fast work and definitely a little immature... I knew the hubby a year before we started dating and we didn't get officially engages till we' been together 5 or 6 years...
    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

My teenager babysitter is "in love" and "wants to get married" to the boy she just met last week (apparently he proposed). She also wants him to come and help babysit.

Fuck no.
      ...So much nope. It takes a year at minimum to really get a hold of who you are dating (less if you've known each other forever perhaps....) But um..... o_O
      hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Fuck no.
        Yup, there were A LOT of those couples back in my high school. Usually broken up within a month or less.

Comment

So, yeah, got nailed by another hornet. Fucking thing is floating around, so I ignore it. You know, ignore it and it will find something else to do, that's what they say.

But they are idiots. Goddamn thing landed on my face and nailed me twice in the right eyebrow. Now I look like Rocky at the end of movie 4.

If hornets went extinct today, the world would be a better place.

Comment

Hornets are vindictive assholes when it suits them and wasps occasionally join them. Normally bees are benevolent because using their stingers is costly but hornets and wasps are able to sting as often as they like so they're a bit faster on the trigger.

Speaking of stinging bugs, it'd have been nice if my family informed me that the dive bombing carpenter bees* that stick around a barn that I frequently take things in and out of generally can't sting me instead of just saying they won't.

*male carpenter bees don't have stingers, the females do but they don't play chicken with people most of the time.
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

So only the left side tonsil is swollen to the size of a a small plum. I can't make a full strong swallow. So whatever I eat goes down in big chunks. And small pieces get stuck in the side of my throat. And now I'm talking like I'm Cindy Brady. It's annoying. And when I lie down? I have that last bit of throat phlem that makes me cough all night. Cough so hard I feel stars behind my eyes. I have to hold my breath to stop it. And I can't even drink water without that sharp pain.

I'm sure I'm getting better. Considering the hungry rotty achy body feeling has gone.

Oh and wasps and hornets are indeed assholes. Even though I did get stung by a bee when I was 13. I was swinging on a swing and could not escape it!
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

My rant is so tired and overused, almost trite from the endless whining. Pain!

Also, the amount of profanity in this thread is getting excessive. We have an Adult Section, that contains a rant thread with gratuitous foul language, for emphasis. Try, please, try to remember that we're supposed to be family friendly, so a smidgeon of consideration for delicate sensibilities is kind of a must-have. Somewhat.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Oops. Sorry about that.
                  life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                    My rant is so tired and overused, almost trite from the endless whining. Pain!
                    I feel with you Chain. Literally. In fact I could just copy/paste your sentence into my own rant of today.
                    *Gentle hug*
                    Hope things are better tomorrow.
                    Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

Fuck no.
                      But Thal, she is just SO in love, like oh my god. It's never been like this before. He's clearly the one.

Mostly art.

Comment

-Calls me rude for not messaging him after my movie like he asked.
                        -Proceeds to engage me in totally meaningless chit chat.
                        Dude. What is this? I don't owe people time consuming and unimportant exchanges. I have better things to do.

Comment

Originally posted by iflewoverthecuckoosnest View Post
                          -Calls me rude for not messaging him after my movie like he asked.
                          -Proceeds to engage me in totally meaningless chit chat.
                          Dude. What is this? I don't owe people time consuming and unimportant exchanges. I have better things to do.
                          Cuckoo, hon', that one sounds creepy. The attempt at forcing an obligation out of you is repulsive, to me. I hope I'm missing much of the story, there, because that level of manipulation and self importance is just... ewwww.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                            Cuckoo, hon', that one sounds creepy. The attempt at forcing an obligation out of you is repulsive, to me. I hope I'm missing much of the story, there, because that level of manipulation and self importance is just... ewwww.
                            It really is kinda creepy, especially considering that I barely know this guy and have zero obligation toward him whatsoever. I should've just told him to screw off.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                              But Thal, she is just SO in love, like oh my god. It's never been like this before. He's clearly the one.
                              Lol...

Just a couple months ago, she liked girls.

Le sigh...and I think I hurt her feelings when I told her my (tactful and gentle) opinion.

Teenagers.

My children WILL NOT BE LIKE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ye gods, who do I think I'm kidding?
                              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                              sigpic

Comment

Lol...

Just a couple months ago, she liked girls.

Le sigh...and I think I hurt her feelings when I told her my (tactful and gentle) opinion.

Teenagers.

My children WILL NOT BE LIKE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ye gods, who do I think I'm kidding?
                                In defense of teenagers everywhere we don't all act like that.
                                Circe

Comment

Working...
                                X