Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

I have no words.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Oh.... Dear
      hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

I know. It's horrible. I hope she gets out of this spiral soon, because it can't be headed anywhere good.

Comment

I am fat. No if's, and's and lots of butt's about it. I hate that I'm fat. I know I need to do something about it... but all I really want to do is bury myself in more food because I'm upset.
          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
          Sneak Attack
          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
            I am fat. No if's, and's and lots of butt's about it. I hate that I'm fat. I know I need to do something about it... but all I really want to do is bury myself in more food because I'm upset.
            Wait. I've seen your pic once here. You're not fat. At least you didn't look fat.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
              Not passing judgment one way or another, but GG has been running for the last year and could probably use a partner...all of the people that she knows that run are in way better shape than she is so she hasn't been able to find anyone to run with.

No pressure or anything, just throwing it out there.

Comment

I second Luce!
                "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

There are some days where I just wish I could surgically rewire how my brain thinks. Today was one of those days. I know it's not the people around me, but working in a customer service oriented environment when you're prone to feeling blamed or judged isn't always a healthy thing. Time for hot chocolate.

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
                    I second Luce!
                    Originally posted by Luce View Post
                    Wait. I've seen your pic once here. You're not fat. At least you didn't look fat.
                    Strategically calculated angles. I have a not-fat face, mostly.
                    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                    Sneak Attack
                    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Juni... this has nothing to do with your rant... I argued with myself about even posting it, after your rant... but I think it is relevant, in our society that seems to prize extreme skinniness:

Went in for a routine physical... no medical issues.

Doctor just followed the BMI chart to tell me that I am obese.

See my avatar pic.

I am 6ft tall.

I weigh about 225lbs.

That translates to a BMI score over 30... which equals obese.

Doctor says I should get my weight down to 160lbs... wants me to lose 65lbs!!

I have a 33" waist... If I had NO fat, I might weigh 205-210lbs... he wants me to lose 65lbs?!?!?!
                      "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

I have the 'sleeping with the tower fan all night swinging side to side'cough. Fuuuuuuuuu
                        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                          I have the 'sleeping with the tower fan all night swinging side to side'cough. Fuuuuuuuuu
                          I thought I was the only one who did that! lol

Comment

Damn... I am sick on my day off... On one hand, it's good that I don't miss any subjects in school, but it's not fair, still. On the other hand I am supposed to study to a gov. exam that will be tomorrow. -__-
                            "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Torey View Post
                              I thought I was the only one who did that! lol
                              Oh I love my tower fan. It has a timer on it. It also has something called 'breeze' mode. It fluctuates between high and low. And....drum roll please...a REMOTE CONTROL!

A high tech cough making machine.
                              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

It was almost eighty degrees today! What madness is this? It was in the fifties last week.

It's supposed to be HOTTER tomorrow.
                                Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Working...
                                X