Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
    That's what I have, and the only thing it's done wrong so far is tell me someone's house is on the left when it's really on the right.
    Really? Maybe ours is broken. It's kind of infamous for leading you on wild goose chases into the middle of nowhere.

Comment

Sacrificed my weekend in order to get a weekend off (so I worked 8 days in a row to get a specific 2 days off), so we could go to a much-needed BBQ. Took a lot of favors and begging to get those 2 days off in the first place. And then the bbq gets cancelled. -.- fml Now I'm too tired to even enjoy my weekend free.

Comment

Originally posted by iflewoverthecuckoosnest View Post
        It's kind of infamous for leading you on wild goose chases into the middle of nowhere.
        This may sound really odd but THAT is the kind of nav that I'd actually pay money for.

I don't need, or want, to find places, or to keep me from getting lost. What I really need is one that can actually GET me lost. I love those kinds of road trips and have been totally unsuccessful at them, in more than half a dozen states, including MN (of course), WI, ND, SD, IA, MO, NE, KS, IN, IL...

I used to have a bumper sticker, many years ago, that said "Destination Unknown", which described my type of driving style, perfectly. Pick a direction, and go. Come to an intersection, pick a direction, and go. Rinse and repeat, for several hours. I still can't get lost.

Blindfold me, drive for 10 hours, take the blind fold off and put me behind the wheel. Still very good odds that I can get back to the starting point in significantly less than 11 hours. It sucks! Why can't I just go for a drive and get friggen LOST?!

*grumble

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

eff GPS's. What happened to map reading, or asking for directions?

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
            What happened to map reading, or asking for directions?
            Real navigation is done with a sextant and an astrolabe.
            Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Well, in this case, I was driving alone and it was nighttime, so it would've been pretty difficult to follow a map.

Comment

Im a google maps kinda girl.
                ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                Seen the desert and the birds
                You cut your hair short
                Like a shush to an insult
                The world had been yelling
                Since the day you were born
                Revolting with anger
                While it smiled like it was cute
                That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Real men NEVER ask for directions. My GPS, Bambi, tells me where to go.

My daughter wonders why men always give their GPS stripper names...

I'm considering the possibility of recording erotic directions - "OK big boy, head your menhood west..."

...but I have to find the right voice...

Any takers?
                  Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

So B. DE. you done fell in love with an A.I. stripper huh?....Was there not a movie about this?
                    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                      So B. DE. you done fell in love with an A.I. stripper huh?....Was there not a movie about this?
                      Unless there's tits, I'm not interested, except as an intellectual exercise.
                      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

At least once a week when we close the store and I clean up...I find a razor blade just waiting for me. Just waiting to slice my finger open. I friggin can't stand it!
                        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                          Real men NEVER ask for directions. My GPS, Bambi, tells me where to go.

My daughter wonders why men always give their GPS stripper names...

I'm considering the possibility of recording erotic directions - "OK big boy, head your menhood west..."

...but I have to find the right voice...

Any takers?
                          Lol, we call ours "slutty waffles".

Comment

My laptop just automatically switched windows 8 to 8.1. Baaah! I hate that... Now I have to adapt again...
                            But I guess there are some good things in it...
                            "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
                              My laptop just automatically switched windows 8 to 8.1. Baaah! I hate that... Now I have to adapt again...
                              But I guess there are some good things in it...
                              Did yours boot you off the internet for 2 days like mine did? I had to call in tech support (i.e. my husband), he spent a day and almost re-installed windows 7... before we figured out that changing the actual name of our wifi anchor fixes the issue. Now my computer is set to manual updates only. Stupid 8.1.

My weekend bbq was cancelled that I had been looking forward to for 2 weeks, and now I'm feeling ill. I can't tell if I picked up a bug at work, if the rain got to me, or if it's just a stress illness again. Probably a combination of all 3. I'm just tired of being tired all the time. -.- Just 2 more months until we get out of this situation and start to cope with a new one (hopefully a healthier one).

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
                                Did yours boot you off the internet for 2 days like mine did? I had to call in tech support (i.e. my husband), he spent a day and almost re-installed windows 7... before we figured out that changing the actual name of our wifi anchor fixes the issue. Now my computer is set to manual updates only. Stupid 8.1.

My weekend bbq was cancelled that I had been looking forward to for 2 weeks, and now I'm feeling ill. I can't tell if I picked up a bug at work, if the rain got to me, or if it's just a stress illness again. Probably a combination of all 3. I'm just tired of being tired all the time. -.- Just 2 more months until we get out of this situation and start to cope with a new one (hopefully a healthier one).
                                No, but it was rebooting itself for hours and hours again. Each time installing new updates. One time the computer even had to use the latest restore point. So some of my apps disappeared and I had to reinstall those which I could find....
                                "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Working...
                                X