Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
    . Although I appreciate the medicine, I hate having a damned headache everyday. Go away please!
    I get reoccuring migraines daily. I know your feels.
    "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
    And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
    They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
    The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
    - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Comment

I've been to a camp. I was actually surprised at how... calm... the place seemed. Not sure why it was surprising, but hey. Forget the name of it though now, a decade later, but it wasn't Auschwitz.

Just 4 hours until we get an inhaler (I hope), and hopefully I can hold my tongue at how inept their office is regarding getting us a simple SAMPLE rescue inhaler to get through the week - rather than having to hear the short-breath, wheezing, and slower activity (allergies make asthma so much worse a few times a year). 3.5 hours until doc visit, I have to run to the tattoo shop in 30 to start finalizing my design ideas for this incoming painful tattoo (because nerve clusters are fun to get needled over for 4+ hours). At least I only have to do it once to get the art I want. ^^

Comment

I also suffer from asthma! I've been declined an inhaler by my insurance before. It was ridiculous. An inhaler without insurance here is anywhere from $200-$400.
        what are you getting done?
        - Finn's Saga

Comment

I also suffer from asthma. I found out it gets so much worse when you get pregnant, I even needed to add another inhaler, I get a preventative one now that I have to use twice a day, in addition to my rescue inhaler. I can't wait to breathe again....
          http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
          ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Asthma is a real drag, to be honest. I always carry my inhaler, just in case. I feel for you, Maria! Hang in there, it will pass.
            "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

For me, it kept me from entering the military. Failed my physical because of my breathing. Was a real downer.
              - Finn's Saga

Comment

Originally posted by Norse_Angel View Post
                For me, it kept me from entering the military. Failed my physical because of my breathing. Was a real downer.
                Too bad it doesn't keep me away from the military... I will be taken, but not to the fighting battalions.. Too bad..
                "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

So some homeless woman took a shower in our restroom. I'm all for being compassionate. But this nasty b left dirty toilet paper on the walls and floor. Used our seat covers as a sponge and left her dirty marks under the dryer. I had to go in with gloves and 409 and do a scrub down of the whole bathroom!
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Back pain.

Energy vampires

Two things I need out of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
                      I've been to a camp. I was actually surprised at how... calm... the place seemed. Not sure why it was surprising, but hey. Forget the name of it though now, a decade later, but it wasn't Auschwitz.
                      I find them really creepy. I swear, animals can sense the death there. They're probably the stillest places in Europe, in a creepy way.

I'm sort of done with them. I've been to three (Dachau, Sachsenhausen, and Auschwitz, in that order). I guess you sort of feel obligated to go to them when you're nearby, but I've had about as much as I can handle. Auschwitz bothered me a lot...the exhibit is really informative, but it's full of tourists who kind of treat it like Disneyland. I don't really think selfies at concentration camps are acceptable. Almost no one goes to Sachsenhausen (just outside of Berlin), so the atmosphere feels a lot more respectful.

It doesn't bother me that lots of people go to them...I think it's an important learning experience. It's just how they go about it. They're pretty serious places.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                        It doesn't bother me that lots of people go to them...I think it's an important learning experience. It's just how they go about it. They're pretty serious places.

http://totalsororitymove.com/girl-takes-viral-selfie-at-auschwitz-concentration-camp-gets-promptly-harassed/

I'm not sure if you've seen this, but I know how you feel on the topic.
                        - Finn's Saga

Comment

I also suffer from asthma! I've been declined an inhaler by my insurance before. It was ridiculous. An inhaler without insurance here is anywhere from $200-$400.
                          what are you getting done?

The inhaler isn't actually "declined" it's just that when spring starts to happen there's so much pollen and other gunk released into the air that there are flare ups, and the inhaler gets spent in 2 weeks. Insurance only covers it once every 3 weeks, and without insurance the thing costs somewhere around $300 for the rescue inhaler.

The doctor actually noted the inability to breathe in only about 1/3 of the norm and THEN she was making phone calls and trying to track down a sample inhaler or alternative prescriptions we could have filled within the hour to address the issue.

So on top of the regular prescriptions (Qvar, Ventolin), there is now prednisone and combivent (which was the original rescue inhaler that we were told had been discontinued and we could no longer get it after 2 decades of use, so were then switched to Ventolin - which was a nice underhanded surprise because combivent works better than anything else that was tried out). Of course combivent costs 3x as much as every other inhaler, but.. we could get it refilled today instead of waiting a week. Anyway, I'm broke, I'm po'ed because I wasted 6 hours of my day waiting for slow-reacting clinics and pharmacies who just couldn't see us at our scheduled time, and having to drive around to 5 different places just to get all things done, and then ending up having to spend 4x what we had expected to spend on medication.

I'm going to find wine and go watch better call saul.

------
                          As for the inkage, I'm getting a cover-up done on my thigh which is already about 10 x 8 inches in size, but will be probably doubled in length and it's going to become vines, adding some more roses and rose buds, and putting some more detail and depth into the pre-existing sea serpent that already lurks there. :P It'll take about 4 hours, and it's a wee bit pricy, but I have an awesome tattoo artist so I'm really looking forward to it. Plus I have that week off to binge on Game of Thrones and a few other shows.

Comment

Y'know though, I'm not really a fan of Internet shaming, either. I just wish people wouldn't do it. I don't want them to get shamed by millions of people over the Internet, though. It's tasteless, but I don't think it warrants that kind of outrage.

Comment

Y'know though, I'm not really a fan of Internet shaming, either. I just wish people wouldn't do it. I don't want them to get shamed by millions of people over the Internet, though. It's tasteless, but I don't think it warrants that kind of outrage.
                              Agreed with the internet shaming. I just gave an instance of the worst case of disrespect.
                              - Finn's Saga

Comment

This twit. I wish I had a better job so I could buy a car. Get me some Geiko insurance. Travel with my car to wherever she is. Find her. Get a license in that state. Get cute tires with treads that say see you in tee. And then run her over.
                                The end.
                                This bitch.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit to add. But someone can say they want to smile at her dead dad and she threatens to kill them. She doesn't get it. At all.
                                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
                                X