• Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

My rice isn't turning out right.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
      My rice isn't turning out right.
      I found a websitr to cook the perfect rice once, always works now. Want me to find it, or are you talking about mexican rice?
      ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
      Seen the desert and the birds
      You cut your hair short
      Like a shush to an insult
      The world had been yelling
      Since the day you were born
      Revolting with anger
      While it smiled like it was cute
      That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
        I found a websitr to cook the perfect rice once, always works now. Want me to find it, or are you talking about mexican rice?
        I can't make Mexican rice to save my life. Not consistently. So I make Rice A Roni Mexican rice. Which I LOVE! But it came out sorta soupy tonight. But I gave it another 5 minutes and let it sit off the heat and sorta plump up. It's good now.

Comment

I usually cook brown rice... but sometimes, like today, it overcooks. I don't know why it seems so variably.. now I have a pile of mushy, inedible rice on my stove...
          We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
          It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
          Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
          -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

I've found to actually turn the flame off when it's still sorta mushy. Leave the lid on with just a bit open for about 10 minutes. Plumps right up.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
              I've found to actually turn the flame off when it's still sorta mushy. Leave the lid on with just a bit open for about 10 minutes. Plumps right up.
              I was told that once the rice ia just cooked, take it of the heat, fluff it, then let it sit, with lid on, for a minimum of 5, up to 30 min, now my rice always works

RIP

You cut your hair short
              Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                Wow. And here we try to limit our Official Colors (colours, if you will) as much as humanly possible. What's wrong with you guys? You want to see us lose it MORE? Sadists!
                But Chain...you all do it with such style. It's a beautiful thing to behold. Half the time I want to rep you but figure it's terribly inappropriate to rep an official telling-off.

Of course... that doesn't mean I want you going all red on ME...

*tries to look innocent*

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post

But Chain...you all do it with such style. It's a beautiful thing to behold. Half the time I want to rep you but figure it's terribly inappropriate to rep an official telling-off.

Of course... that doesn't mean I want you going all red on ME...

*tries to look innocent*
                  Pretty sure I've rep'd colour before. Usually its warranted and shuts some tosser up. I'm just so thrilled that its over so rep is given.

I may have rep'd a banning once too.

Tehehe

RIP

You cut your hair short
                  Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post

I may have rep'd a banning once too.

Tehehe
                    Lol, Heka, you would :P
                    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

I almost got hit AGAIN today in a similar situation to the other day, but this time it was a VAN that almost hit me. I'm positive he saw me, but he seemed to want to avoid waiting and getting the red light and thought it was ok to run me over in the process. This kind of stuff has to stop. A few years back, the ADFC (cyclists association) put up white bicycles for every cyclist that got killed when they had the right of way and a driver wanted to make a turn. There were several of those white bikes around the city. That stuff kills people. We need traffic cops, we need them to start giving out tickets, and repeat offenders need to start losing their licenses.

Comment

Bah...thread's locked, so I'm ranting about my inability to post this relevant answer to an rhetorical question.

I can't be the only one who notices this.
                        And if you ARE the only one that notices that, what does that indicate to you?

You have time to think about it.

Here's a hint: If it seems like it's everyone else, there's the outside chance that it might just be you.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                        I almost got hit AGAIN today in a similar situation to the other day, but this time it was a VAN that almost hit me. I'm positive he saw me, but he seemed to want to avoid waiting and getting the red light and thought it was ok to run me over in the process. This kind of stuff has to stop. A few years back, the ADFC (cyclists association) put up white bicycles for every cyclist that got killed when they had the right of way and a driver wanted to make a turn. There were several of those white bikes around the city. That stuff kills people. We need traffic cops, we need them to start giving out tickets, and repeat offenders need to start losing their licenses.
                        This sucks. We have similar things happen here in Portland...it's unfortunate that a lot of drivers don't look.

It's also unfortunate that many of the bicyclists act like entitled shits that don't follow the rules of the road and act like their pedaling at 15MPH is "close enough" to the posted speed limit of 40MPH warrants them taking up a full lane.

Sorry...not a gripe at you DM - I don't know what kind of bicyclist you are...and I know it's not all of them here in Portland, but dod GAMN do they get on my nerves.

Comment

Originally posted by Roknrol View Post
                          Bah...thread's locked, so I'm ranting about my inability to post this relevant answer to an rhetorical question.

And if you ARE the only one that notices that, what does that indicate to you?

You have time to think about it.

Here's a hint: If it seems like it's everyone else, there's the outside chance that it might just be you.

- - - Updated - - -

This sucks. We have similar things happen here in Portland...it's unfortunate that a lot of drivers don't look.

It's also unfortunate that many of the bicyclists act like entitled shits that don't follow the rules of the road and act like their pedaling at 15MPH is "close enough" to the posted speed limit of 40MPH warrants them taking up a full lane.

Sorry...not a gripe at you DM - I don't know what kind of bicyclist you are...and I know it's not all of them here in Portland, but dod GAMN do they get on my nerves.

Comment

Sorry about that - on topic and off of the cyclist gripe, my brother in law had a moped in Vegas and he had been riding it for all of a week before someone hit him - same thing, he was going through an intersection and someone wanted to make a right, they weren't paying attention.

Being a motorcyclist, I totally get how exposed you are on the road and how fearful you must be at times. I know that my bike being loud keeps me visible (and of course - SHINY!)...any time I have to ride a public road on my bicycle I make sure I bring an extra pair of clean underwear just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                              Agreed. I have multiple scars from near misses that sent me to the ground, as well as the collar bone fracture a few years ago. Drivers who don't pay attention to or care about cyclists, piss me off.

What REALLY gets me, are all the people (cops included) that treat bike lanes as turning lanes.
                              "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Originally posted by ThorsSon View Post
                                Agreed. I have multiple scars from near misses that sent me to the ground, as well as the collar bone fracture a few years ago. Drivers who don't pay attention to or care about cyclists, piss me off.

What REALLY gets me, are all the people (cops included) that treat bike lanes as turning lanes.
                                OMG do not even get me started on those! And also the people who use them as parking spots and loading zones. The bike lane is NOT a place to pull over on a busy road while you wait for your friend to get out of your apartment. It is NOT somewhere to let people out of their cab. If you're too lazy to walk half a block from a European urban side street (not large blocks!), you need to seriously check your priorities.

A lot of drivers also pull into the bike lane in intersections and just wait there and make you go around them. I'm really not at all tolerant of this because I used to drive and when I learned to drive, we always learned to wait behind the line when making a turn and not to turn our wheels. You can pull ahead for a left turn (with your wheels straight), but not a right turn.

If everyone followed the rules, there would be fewer accidents and traffic jams. It's not like they're that hard, either.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Roknrol View Post
                                Sorry about that - on topic and off of the cyclist gripe, my brother in law had a moped in Vegas and he had been riding it for all of a week before someone hit him - same thing, he was going through an intersection and someone wanted to make a right, they weren't paying attention.

Being a motorcyclist, I totally get how exposed you are on the road and how fearful you must be at times. I know that my bike being loud keeps me visible (and of course - SHINY!)...any time I have to ride a public road on my bicycle I make sure I bring an extra pair of clean underwear just in case.
                                I bet you still get your fair share of idiots on your bike though...I swear, some people just can't think of the consequences of hitting someone with their large, enclosed vehicle.

Comment

Working...
                                X