THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rick View Post

Um, minus Jedi Knight, add Scottish laird (of a one square foot estate)...
    Ooo I've considered becoming a Dame myself!
    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
    Seen the desert and the birds
    You cut your hair short
    Like a shush to an insult
    The world had been yelling
    Since the day you were born
    Revolting with anger
    While it smiled like it was cute
    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

If I see a sign that says "buy three get two free" or some such if I purchase the relevant items in the required amount I shouldn't have to remind the clerk that the sale is going on to get that discount.

I bought three, I should get two free. Anything else is false advertising.
      Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

My new job has hit a snag. We're required to get certified within two years. That certification comes with a 6% raise. I asked during my interview if I could study for it on my own if it took them awhile to get the study group together because I was going to need said raise if I stayed there long. I was told it wasn't recommended because there wasn't a high success rate and they only paid the testing fee once but yes I could. I've been pushing for the material for the last two months and was told late last week that no. Its not possible. I know they have the book printed. Its sitting in my supervisors office. About 10 copies. They just won't give it to me. I'm pretty angry. I want to talk to the person above my boss but I don't know what the protocol is. Do I warn them and give them a chance or just do it? I've asked several times. I've explained the financial situation. This was agreed upon in the interview. I don't get it. Yeah we're busy. So what? If you can't get it together give me the damn raise and i'll get certified as soon as you let me.
        We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
        It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
        Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
        -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

My boyfriend left today to start his new apprenticeship/degree program in a different city. I'm moving over there early next year, but we are going to be long distance for the next few months. It's not that far (7-8 hours, if I want to get an affordable ticket...and the extra 2 hours a fast train saves costs a LOT of money) and it's not for that long, but it's still going to be hard not seeing each other every day

Comment

F***ing Windows Updates! After spending over an hour installing updates, restarting and ready to continue surfing the web without pause - it pops up with YET MORE Windows Updates - ready to be installed!!!! Now I know why I loved Linux...

Comment

I have no Health and Physical education training. None. But I am put over 2 other teachers to take up and delegate the HPE program, ok fine, I can do this.

But I get no support from the other teachers, no help at all, no guidance, and then they keep coming to me with their problems and things they don't understand. Well ffs why didnt you just contribute in the first place? Why give me even more bloody problems? And when I do try and explain it to you, you decide that you're just not able to focus atm.

Ahhhhhh

RIP

You cut your hair short
              Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Torey View Post
                F***ing Windows Updates! After spending over an hour installing updates, restarting and ready to continue surfing the web without pause - it pops up with YET MORE Windows Updates - ready to be installed!!!! Now I know why I loved Linux...
                I lol'd. Had to do this about a month back and it took about 36 hours. ^^ I have to do it on my laptop soon when we do a full reinstall.

Comment

People suck b**** p*** and moan like little ******* children its fing ridiculous how insecure the both ofyou are. No matter what happens someone is acting like that cuz they dont love each other. Your teaching your children to be obnoxious aholes who dont know to solve their problems without screamin at each other.... its disgusting you cant even discuss things as adults its draining and its effecting your children pull your heads out of your own insecure selfish ass and see what your doing. Your kids dont enjoy constantly being the topic of your fights. Those kids lives become more difficult each day by your constant lack to control negativity and anger. It makes me pissed you were given three children to mess up. Their lives are already hard the least you could do is not fight everyday and threaten to leave your mad saying whatever the kids are the ones going to live on eggshells always afraid this will be the fight that splits their family up. Its time you start behaving like adults atleast for the kids sake. Your mad got nothing good to say? Shut your mouth for a change. Cant control your own **** temper then dont get mad when your kids act just like you.

Comment

This should have been a triumphant happy exciting week, with my book almost out and all the copies I need to sign arriving. As it is its been one of the most unhappy and stressful I've had in a long time, and things just keep making me more unhappy on top of it. I just want it to be over... But I still have so much work to do so I actually also don't want that.... *sighs loudly*
                    hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

I really hope that our Prime Minister isn't going to renew the borders of the country as it was in 1967... Is he really going to give approximately half of the country to terrorists? I hope not... This thought really makes me feel very uncomfortable....
                      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

3 Hour traffic Jam on the M25, not driving. But fking still! I need to get home I have work tomorrow!

and as the tunnel doth appear my internet connection implodes.

FREEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
                        Work hard Play hard.
                        What is history?

Comment

I worked a 4-8 pm shift. I had to leave at 1:30 in the afternoon to get there.
                          Then when I was coming home, the first bus was late and so I missed my last bus home.
                          Then the alternate bus was late and it missed my home, again.
                          So I had to walk home for about 30 minutes.
                          I didn't get home till 11pm.

This sucks. I can't wait for my new store!
                          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I just got back from bringing my boyfriend his stuff in our new city. Yeahhhh I'm not sure how I feel about moving there. It pretty much sucks. There is NOTHING to do. The countryside is borderline awful (industrial...ew). The people are weird. The population density is pretty high. He's not too jazzed about living there either. Our plan B is to scout out which small villages are workable by bike or train and to live right in the countryside. We might even try to live a bit south where the Eifel hill region starts (really nice part of the country).

That being said, it's not far from Aachen and Cologne. Cologne is fine and we just went to Aachen today. I kind of liked it there. We can't live there because the connection to his institute isn't great and it's super expensive, but I might be able to get a job there or at least go to some concerts sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post

That being said, it's not far from Aachen and Cologne.
                              We are definitely visiting cologne when we come to germany by the way, probably a day trip from heidelberg

RIP

You cut your hair short
                              Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                                We are definitely visiting cologne when we come to germany by the way, probably a day trip from heidelberg
                                I won't be living there yet then, but let me know when you'll be there! I'll be visiting the area on a regular basis, so I'll time one of my visits to come hang out with you in Cologne!

It's a nice city. You'll like it!

Comment

Working...
                                X