THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

That Thal sounds kinda good...........I got a love of cheese also and a bit of sauce sounds good also...Claps for giving me an idea for lunch..
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post

Come work with me. Out of twelve staff, we have two vegetarians (used to have three), four health/fitness/exercise nuts, one who is perpetually on a diet, one who can't eat processed meat, one lactose intolerant and one gluten intolerant.

It makes catering tricky, but NO-ONE comments negatively about anyone else's food.

Of course, you'd have to quit teaching and become a vet nurse. And move to Adelaide. But no one would bother you about your vego meals and you'd have four others to swap gym stories with
      Hmmm, tempted...
      ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
      Seen the desert and the birds
      You cut your hair short
      Like a shush to an insult
      The world had been yelling
      Since the day you were born
      Revolting with anger
      While it smiled like it was cute
      That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

This is a non-rsnt, I know... even a bit of a HumbleBrag...

But,

Working construction kinda sucks when you have someone... the stereotype is true... construction workers leer at women... I find myself, now, on the outside, bored by [not-her].
        "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Well I could possibly be wrote up when I go to work today...Am I going to fight it tooth and nail?? You bet your ass I am. I think I have finally reached the breaking point where I might loose my job over it, and I know you guys have seen me bitch about work, and for that I'm sorry but we are a kitchen that should be fully staffed at all times!! We cannot keep up if we are short handed and we have been down 4 cooks and a chef for over a month. We are drowning. They finally brought us a task force chef in and in a week she has managed to help us get caught up and in a spot we have never ever been in, and she leaves Sunday.

My "lead" cook is by no means fit to be a lead. She cannot get her production done, she doesn't know how to make 95% of the items we make in that kitchen nor can she work every shift. She misrepresented herself in her interview and we have been stuck with her ever since. We are to go to HR or our Exec. with our issues about her so they can be documented but I've seen nothing come of it. I was finally given two days off, and I took my husband out of town for his birthday. While I was a way I got texts with questions on how to do things because the people who were working the night shifts and my "lead" don't know how to do things. I came back and the restaurant which we also cover as well as banquets and hotel outlets has a dinner of 36 with a special menu as well as another one for 25 today. The 36 top party was for the most part taken care of but the production that should have been done for the 25 was ignored. My "lead" claimed first she didn't know she was suppose to do it, then second that she had never been trained to do it, and then third thought that I had enough to get us through!!!

I didn't cuss at her but I did tell her that she knew better that she had started on nights with me and that I was one of the ones to train her. The task force chef told both of us we didn't communicate enough. However I was off for two days!! As my lead this women should have known what to do. She gets paid to do that. Shes been here for 6 months!!! She has fucked me over time and time again and every time I try and talk to her she gives me some bull shit excuse and its never her fault!!!! My lead packed her knives and left without completing her production and told everyone who would listen that she wasn't coming back.

My chef came and informed me I had to give a statement about the events of the day. I honestly hate confrontation but this is a fight I am ready for. I have watched my cook 4 now cook 3 grow in leaps in bounds when she should have been able to go at her own pace, I have watched us all struggle and break down and cry and be stressed to our very max and the one person who is suppose to keep us together, to get shit done isn't even capable of completing the simplest tasks. So they wanna right me up over calling her out in front of people, then bring it.

- - - Updated - - -

I probably should have edited this please forgive any errors.
          "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

I am sick and tired of mosquitoes getting into my apartment. They are using me as a free buffet. I'm being eaten alive by these pests! And yet my mom hasn't had one mosquito bite! What the heck? We live in the same apartment. Go after her for once.

Comment

My mom keeps complaining that I never go anywhere with her, yet doesn't stop chain smoking and playing music far too loud (She's deaf, and it's loud enough that I am legitimately worried about it damaging my hearing.) which she KNOWS I hate.

She also gets really upset, to the point of SOBBING, when I tell her that I really don't like those things and that they are the reason I don't like riding with her.
              Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

There was a shooting in my work parking lot day before yesterday. One bum shot another. Then the shot bum fell into the gas station on our lot. The bum problem on our corner is out of control. They are all druggies. They all rotate signs on the meridian. They accost the customers at the gas station where I wait to take the bus home. They accost customers IN LINE at the Del Taco. Dude. You get 3 tacos for an effing dollar. You can't afford that? They accost OUR customers. And us. One threatened to kill our assistant manager. And we call the cops on a weekly basis when one of them flips out. They also like to live behind our building having sex. I know this because I saw 2 of them CARRY A MATTRESS back there.

I'm so glad I'll be transferring. Of course they hang there because it's Pasadena and it's wealthy people.

Oddly in the poor income latino city I live in...there are no bums. We all effing hold a menial job and just go about our damned business eating rice and beans daily and not bumming for money.
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

^ this is why I live in a hick town in the Midwest. I really would freak out.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
                    My mom keeps complaining that I never go anywhere with her, yet doesn't stop chain smoking and playing music far too loud (She's deaf, and it's loud enough that I am legitimately worried about it damaging my hearing.) which she KNOWS I hate.

She also gets really upset, to the point of SOBBING, when I tell her that I really don't like those things and that they are the reason I don't like riding with her.
                    Dang if it wasn't for the music id think we share a mother...
                    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Ok I got a rant . So I was on Facebook in a pagan group and this women asked if there are any Christian wiccans , so I was scrolling through the post and decided to post a comment so I was like there are quite a few christian wiccans and that I also mix religions then this other women commented rude as can be told me that neither my religion or the postesses religion worked then proceeded to tell me that she knows this because she's a wiccan high priestess and her other reason for not mixing Christianity and wicca is that they burnt witches the Christians did. One the people burned were nine times out of ten christian and called witches so her statement actually proved the posters claim. Then she told me wicca is the oldest religion ??? I'm sorry but isn't wicca a form of neo paganism . Do they just give out priestships now??
                      Knowledge is the key to eternity. Not bowing before a deity not grovling at the feet of a messiah. Knowledge is power beyond mesure - satanic witch

Comment

Originally posted by satanic witch View Post
                        Do they just give out priestships now??
                        Yep, for a nominal fee even I could become a High Priestess. I could also be a Lady or Baroness of Sealand if I wanted to. (It's funny because I'm a dude!)

I'm already a certified Jedi Knight, Minister, and Doctor of Divinity.
                        Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Yep, for a nominal fee even I could become a High Priestess. I could also be a Lady or Baroness of Sealand if I wanted to. (It's funny because I'm a dude!)

Lol that's funnny . She sure enjoyed throwing her prowess in my face ,lol she quit commenting after I schooled her on her religion that she was supposedly pretty high up in . When a sixteen year old kid can school u on the religion your a priestess in then its time to consult a book . God it was my commedy for the night
                          Knowledge is the key to eternity. Not bowing before a deity not grovling at the feet of a messiah. Knowledge is power beyond mesure - satanic witch

Comment

Originally posted by satanic witch View Post
                            Lol that's funnny . She sure enjoyed throwing her prowess in my face ,lol she quit commenting after I schooled her on her religion that she was supposedly pretty high up in . When a sixteen year old kid can school u on the religion your a priestess in then its time to consult a book . God it was my commedy for the night
                            Normally, I run into people like that priestess in waves.

I mean, for example, on the forum, here, we used to have a thread devoted to, basically, that or a similar kind of argument. Years ago. "You are not a Wiccan." The thread stuck around because every so often there'd be someone that wanted to either rehash the thing or they start a new thread with the same subject matter. It's a tired argument, for sure.

Just like Denarius, I can present my titles and credentials. Or even just use what I have here on the forum (Co-Owner and Admin). That fact is, credentials mean squat. Particularly in the case of New Age religions, like offshoots of Wicca, but really for anything else, too, for the most part. Fake badges to impersonate police officers, forged documents of virtually any type, and a sense of entitlement or self-aggrandizing... whatever-you-want-to-call-it. People can SAY they're an authority of some measure but it sure doesn't mean that it's true. They can wave some fancy novelty as proof, supposedly. But what pisses me off, and why I think your rant is so entirely fitting for possibly unintended reasons, is people that *do* actually know a thing or two are quite often dismissed. People that *are* authority figures aren't trusted as an authority because of the behavior of imposters. Or individuals that had no business *being* in an authoritative role.

"One bad apple..." in every bunch. I know that's my cynicism, and it's a generalization, but them bad apples are also the "squeaky wheels" - they get all the press, so to speak. One bad apple can ruin not only its localized bunch but any *future* bunch that may ever be encountered thereafter.

Which might go quite a ways to explain my fondness for large fires. Burn the orchard.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Can't agree with u more chainlightning

Comment

Um, minus Jedi Knight, add Scottish laird (of a one square foot estate)...
                                I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country

Tribe of my Tribe
                                Clan of my Clan
                                Kin of my Kin
                                Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
                                And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

Working...
                                X