THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post

I won't be living there yet then, but let me know when you'll be there! I'll be visiting the area on a regular basis, so I'll time one of my visits to come hang out with you in Cologne!

It's a nice city. You'll like it!
    Sweet! I'll pm you my dates at some point, and we can try and meet.

Anyone else keen on a german meet up. Sean, any chance you can get to cologne in december???
    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
    Seen the desert and the birds
    You cut your hair short
    Like a shush to an insult
    The world had been yelling
    Since the day you were born
    Revolting with anger
    While it smiled like it was cute
    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

I think I've developed arthritis. My wrist hurts like hell. About three years ago I fell from a basket ball hoop (about 10ft) and landed on my wrist. I was sure I'd broken or sprained it but the school nurse only gave me ice and said I was fine. My parents said since I could move it that I must be fine. Protests over the weeks following that my wrist really hurt was met with "must be that damn computer" so I just stopped saying anything. It hurts every so often, like when seasons change, but it's been worse than ever lately and I haven't done anything especially strenuous with my wrist. I've got a physical scheduled in September so I'll ask the doc if he can X-ray it and see if anything can be done.
      Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
        I think I've developed arthritis. My wrist hurts like hell. About three years ago I fell from a basket ball hoop (about 10ft) and landed on my wrist. I was sure I'd broken or sprained it but the school nurse only gave me ice and said I was fine. My parents said since I could move it that I must be fine. Protests over the weeks following that my wrist really hurt was met with "must be that damn computer" so I just stopped saying anything. It hurts every so often, like when seasons change, but it's been worse than ever lately and I haven't done anything especially strenuous with my wrist. I've got a physical scheduled in September so I'll ask the doc if he can X-ray it and see if anything can be done.
        Even if it's not broken, it can be injured. Visiting the doctor is the best option now.
        "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I did palm heel board breaks a lot in tae kwon do. My wrist really bugs me sometimes. The doctors said I may have had a hairline fracture at some point that didn't set quite right or some such. Anyway its hard to know since I waited so long and just let it bug me. Now I can't push myself up off the ground without my wrist going out half the time. Lesson? Get it checked.
          We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
          It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
          Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
          -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
            Now I can't push myself up off the ground without my wrist going out half the time. Lesson? Get it checked.
            This is the exact problem I'm having. Just putting my hand in any way not even with my arm is painful, let alone putting weight on it. My hand is okay, so I can still carry things but my grip is horrible. I doubt anything will be able to be done (it was three years ago afterall) but I'm hoping

- - - Updated - - -

Oh you know what? I think I know what irritated it to make it so bad lately. i went textbook shopping a few days ago and got the bag containing 20-25 lbs of books stuck on my wrist and was stuck carrying them around for the better part of two hours. At a couple points all that weight was on my wrist since I dropped the bag trying to shift other things in my hands. I didn't even think about it.
            Circe

Comment

This is the exact problem I'm having. Just putting my hand in any way not even with my arm is painful, let alone putting weight on it. My hand is okay, so I can still carry things but my grip is horrible. I doubt anything will be able to be done (it was three years ago afterall) but I'm hoping

- - - Updated - - -

Oh you know what? I think I know what irritated it to make it so bad lately. i went textbook shopping a few days ago and got the bag containing 20-25 lbs of books stuck on my wrist and was stuck carrying them around for the better part of two hours. At a couple points all that weight was on my wrist since I dropped the bag trying to shift other things in my hands. I didn't even think about it.
              Yeah watch your usage Corvus. My ankle gives me hell fo a week after every netball game haha!

RIP

You cut your hair short
              Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

- - - Updated - - -

Try getting a decent wrist brace from the pharmacy. Something with a stiff support in it and keep it around for when it acts up. Its a bit better than nothing if you can't make it to the doctor right away.
                We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

I miss Hannes

Comment

I miss Thor.

aaaaand I ate a chimichanga burrito last night from 7-11. Been sick all morning. I had to be sent home. Because I was giving back the chimichanga to the porcelain god.:sick:
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

It be nice to have discussion about theories just for the sake of discussion but no they are arguments. Makes me just want to socialize less in real life. Blah... i need new hobbies.

Comment

I'm - well - about as depressed as I've been in a long time, even though there is a lot of good going on in my life at the moment. But I suppose that's why it's an illness - I didn't choose to feel like this, although my work situation isn't helping things. It's just a job now - I used to care, but not anymore. I don't feel like I'm of any use to the world at all - pretty much ugly, dumb and useless. Ahh well.

Comment

Hang in there Torey,been in that place a few times and hopefully it will pass. Every once in a while I get hit by a depressive bout,and have learned to handle waiting for it to pass.
                          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Torey View Post
                            I'm - well - about as depressed as I've been in a long time, even though there is a lot of good going on in my life at the moment. But I suppose that's why it's an illness - I didn't choose to feel like this, although my work situation isn't helping things. It's just a job now - I used to care, but not anymore. I don't feel like I'm of any use to the world at all - pretty much ugly, dumb and useless. Ahh well.
                            thats no good hun.

Ditch your job and come live with me! We can be miserable together! And watch James Bond!

And you're not useless and dumb! Ugly though..... XD

Call me anytime ok? Love you! Xx

RIP

You cut your hair short
                            Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

I'm being plagued with phone calls from a computer about ruddy 'Green Deal Assessments' being done in my area (new boiler scheme for home owners). Every single day they call me, sometimes more than once, but when I press the button to speak to a real human being and say the words, "Please stop your computer calling me, I'm not a home-owner", they just hang up! And then the phone calls start again. And this is supposed to be a private number registered with the Telephone Preference Service, too! Grr.

Comment

I don't know what happened. But my laptop refused to start up windows. And even when I said fix it, it said ERROR and shut down computer. This happened for 20 minutes. I finally just booted up in safe and restored to a few days ago and it's fine. I'm thinking one of my dubious audiobook downloads did something funny. It's my own dang fault.

I'm addicted to zombie books.
                                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
                                X