Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    I don't know what happened. But my laptop refused to start up windows. And even when I said fix it, it said ERROR and shut down computer. This happened for 20 minutes. I finally just booted up in safe and restored to a few days ago and it's fine. I'm thinking one of my dubious audiobook downloads did something funny. It's my own dang fault.

I'm addicted to zombie books.
    Be sure to back up any important files, just in case the motherboard is experiencing problems!
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post

Be sure to back up any important files, just in case the motherboard is experiencing problems!
      ^^^^^6000th rant post!!!
      ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
      Seen the desert and the birds
      You cut your hair short
      Like a shush to an insult
      The world had been yelling
      Since the day you were born
      Revolting with anger
      While it smiled like it was cute
      That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Finally! Less than 3000 to go!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I work with pretty much my best friend in Leigh Creek. We've been put together for a PE class, which neither of us had any training in, and we just kinda survived.

I got some training around easter, and I've been planning this semesters program according to the curriculum.

I've tried to involve leadership and all the other teachers in my thought processes and reasonings, so they understand what the program and assessment etc are about so they can teach it.

But every time I have tried to involve her she says things like 'my brain powers not up to it right now' and 'I'll ask you when I need some help'. But she just complains about it constantly. Today she wanted to know how it worked, I was trying to explain the way I'm doing it and how I visualise it working, and she just keeps interuppting and asking me to practically do all her work.

So I went and spoke to leadership about my issues and the conversation we had together, and she just said that my friend just had to do it. Leadership had seen her not participate or care ever and said it's not my job to do her work.

Now the friend has come to me saying she doesn't appreciate me going to leadership and how she was having a bad morning.

Well shes always having a bloody bad morning and never wants to talk about PE. I've had enough.

RIP

You cut your hair short
          Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
            I work with pretty much my best friend in Leigh Creek. We've been put together for a PE class, which neither of us had any training in, and we just kinda survived.

I got some training around easter, and I've been planning this semesters program according to the curriculum.

I've tried to involve leadership and all the other teachers in my thought processes and reasonings, so they understand what the program and assessment etc are about so they can teach it.

But every time I have tried to involve her she says things like 'my brain powers not up to it right now' and 'I'll ask you when I need some help'. But she just complains about it constantly. Today she wanted to know how it worked, I was trying to explain the way I'm doing it and how I visualise it working, and she just keeps interuppting and asking me to practically do all her work.

So I went and spoke to leadership about my issues and the conversation we had together, and she just said that my friend just had to do it. Leadership had seen her not participate or care ever and said it's not my job to do her work.

Now the friend has come to me saying she doesn't appreciate me going to leadership and how she was having a bad morning.

Well shes always having a bloody bad morning and never wants to talk about PE. I've had enough.

That's just classic. I have a bad morning every single day. It's not anyone else's fault. There's nobody else to blame. I simply hate mornings. Tell her you don't appreciate being forced to do her job, every day. Even if it isn't 'every day' that you have to do it.

Personal responsibility. It's kind of a prerequisite.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post

That's just classic. I have a bad morning every single day. It's not anyone else's fault. There's nobody else to blame. I simply hate mornings. Tell her you don't appreciate being forced to do her job, every day. Even if it isn't 'every day' that you have to do it.

Personal responsibility. It's kind of a prerequisite.
              I know she hates it, and I'm willing and trying to help, but she's not putting in the same effort as I am at all. It's annoying. I swear I will make the system change for next year!!!

RIP

You cut your hair short
              Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Lp
                Originally posted by Heka View Post

Understandable. I ran into problems similar to this in the nursing home. Our residents can not control how they behave due to their illnesses. I had no support from the leadership there. I would have an honest chat with your friend i have been used and abused by "friends" if they are real they will own up to it. If not cut your losses is there anyway you can
                have maybe a group discussion on said subject with other peers might be helpfull others asking her input include leadership?

Comment

Originally posted by loststarshine View Post
                  Lp

Understandable. I ran into problems similar to this in the nursing home. Our residents can not control how they behave due to their illnesses. I had no support from the leadership there. I would have an honest chat with your friend i have been used and abused by "friends" if they are real they will own up to it. If not cut your losses is there anyway you can
                  have maybe a group discussion on said subject with other peers might be helpfull others asking her input include leadership?
                  She's got 48 days left working here ever. We will survive, I'd just rather the relationship stay intact. There really is noone else to be friends with here.

RIP

You cut your hair short
                  Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

I understand completely why i have put up with somethings i value their friendship more then wanting them to change their slacker ways. I hope the next 48 days go more smoother for you

Comment

Sometimes it feels like "Goodbye, Lenin!" in my house. It's the only thing that really annoys me about my boyfriend. The Iron Curtain fell and it's not coming back, and moving to Russia or Cuba won't be any better than living here (in fact, I'm pretty sure Russia would be significantly worse...it seriously looks like capitalist heaven). East Germany will never exist again because most people don't want to go that way. I'm far from convinced that life was any better in East Germany. I'm willing to say that -some- things were better (there was no crushing poverty and women had more rights), but a lot of things were worse (freedom of expression, freedom of movement). I think it's easy for him to be nostalgic about it because he was 5 years old when the Berlin Wall came down, but ultimately he's longing for a country that never -really- existed. And it sometimes drives me up the wall.

Comment

I can't remember the last full month where some major setback or issue hasn't happened. Happened again today. I'm so fed up with this country, we're going home as soon as I can swing it.

Comment

We had a nice bit of thunder & rain. Woke me up, but not to the point where I couldn't go back to sleep.

The husband heard me get up to look at the rain, & gets up. Gets the dog all riled up. Chases me around the house.

Now I am awake. And the husband went back to bed. I am plotting his demise.
                          The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

My biceps aaaaccchhheeeeeeeee

RIP

You cut your hair short
                            Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Translation is taking freaking FOREVER. The question is, do I charge for longer hours than I quoted (I feel terrible doing this, because I already had to go beyond my initial quote last week...I was up front about it, but its taking me even longer than my extended estimate), or do I just suck up the extra few hours? The latter SUCKS, but the former will probably really piss off my client.

Arg I wish that I'd just given some overblown figure like 20 hours or something like that. Then they'd be happy that it's probably taking me 15. I said 12, for the record. It just took me longer because it was all in a stupid excel sheet and I went by the number of lines and apparent length of the text in those lines, but a) some of those cells actually had multiple lines, which weren't visible during an initial run-through, b) there are lots and lots and lots of specialty words I've had to look up, i.e. figures of speech that no one I know uses, medieval weapons, etc, and b) some of the text is just flat-out weirdly written.

Comment

I considered becoming a translator once.

Idea: I know when hubby under quotes something, he just sucks it up and does it, but next time he does work for that client he will over quote by some and make it up that way or will slightly over quote the next two clients to make back the days.

Depends how much you are out by though. Hubby is a painter, so he quotes in days, not hours. Being out by two can be a big hassle for him. Sometimes he'll just work a weekend.

RIP

You cut your hair short
                                Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment